Naheem McLeod | NoDestination | Syracusefan.com

Naheem McLeod | NoDestination

Mellow Jonah Hill is a good interviewer. Naheem is an interesting guy. I loved the tough guy persona about people scoring on him but the not wanting to play in the NIT made me cringe. I understand it but still tough from a competitive standpoint to hear people say no to playing ball.

Mellow Jonah Hill is a good interviewer. Naheem is an interesting guy. I loved the tough guy persona about people scoring on him but the not wanting to play in the NIT made me cringe. I understand it but still tough from a competitive standpoint to hear people say no to playing ball.
Hidden in the interview was a reference to things that have been alluded to here: the locker room was a circus.
Not playing in the NIT may have been more about not being with some teammates than not wanting to play.

I've always looked up to him.
I see what you did there.

IMG_6950.gif

I'm sure they say no to playing pickup games at times. Saying no to the NIT is only slightly different than that. There's nothing at stake. There's no pride to be gained. The school would have to find a spot to display the banner while also hiding it, if we managed to win the whole thing.

IDK. I get the argument that some fans want to see the team play extra games. The argument that declining it is anti-competitive doesn't resonate with me, though.

I will say it again chemistry completely disintegrated after he got hurt. Glad to have guys like him on the team.
As far as not going to the NIT it shows exactly what the problem with this team was. I am 43 and will still sub in a men’s league anywhere anytime looking for a game. Real hoopers want to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom