Kyle McCord | NoDestination | Syracusefan.com

Kyle McCord | NoDestination

No way Babers would have done that. I know, I know "why bring Babers into this", "Babers was a good man", etc, but that's the truth. No way he does that. Maybe an assistant, but not him.
Well it looks like none of the other coaches that were interested in him did it either.

Sure, but I don't care about the other coaches. My point is Fran is taking matters in hiw own hands and going the extra mile.
But you did mention Dino though. My point was Fran is going above and beyond his competition (other coaches) not just the prior coach.

But you did mention Dino though. My point was Fran is going above and beyond his competition (other coaches) not just the prior coach.
How do you know no other coaches flew out to see him? We don't know that. But, have we heard Babers flying out, by himself, in the initial sell? In 7 years, not once.

No way Babers would have done that. I know, I know "why bring Babers into this", "Babers was a good man", etc, but that's the truth. No way he does that. Maybe an assistant, but not him.
The statement could be "most coaches wouldn't do that." We need to recognize Fran is unique compared to most coaches, not just our previous coaches.

How do you know no other coaches flew out to see him? We don't know that. But, have we heard Babers flying out, by himself, in the initial sell? In 7 years, not once.
The first night after entering the portal is what we are talking about and it was just Fran. That was the point of McCord’s story. As far as Babers, we heard about very few of his trips, just like we don’t hear about all Fran’s trips.

I remember hearing about him flying out to Jawhar Jordan twice when he tried to convince him to come back instead of transferring.

The first night after entering the portal is what we are talking about and it was just Fran. That was the point of McCord’s story. As far as Babers, we heard about very few of his trips, just like we don’t hear about all Fran’s trips.
Depends on the coach, Babers was more of a CEO type, different style. He got Devito and Shrader both great QB’s. We should not compare guys. Like what Fran is doing with this group and think KM will be great. My biggest concern is backup QB, we are in the same situation as last year right now

Enough.

Babers is gone. He tried his way. He also, hours after the win over #2 Clemson, was at a Trill Williams home game Saturday morning.

He probably didn’t do that enough. Whatever. Fran is younger and hustles and is so different.

Fran recruits like he's possessed. Leaves no stone unturned.

Btw SU has never had the #1 recruiter as HC. Trying to put down Dino when praising Fran is wild to me.

You misinterpreted my post. I was not putting Babers down. Never said his style was worse. Just said it's not something he would do (though was corrected above regarding Jawar Jordan). I prefer Fran's approach. You all need to stop reading things into my post.

You misinterpreted my post. I was not putting Babers down. Never said his style was worse. Just said it's not something he would do (though was corrected above regarding Jawar Jordan). I prefer Fran's approach. You all need to stop reading things into my post.
"No way Babers would have done that. I know, I know "why bring Babers into this", "Babers was a good man", etc, but that's the truth. No way he does that. Maybe an assistant, but not him."

My bad this post was clearly about Fran and McCord's relationship.

Cool interview with some good insights! I personally can't wait to watch Ohio State fans have an aneurysm when Kyle inevitably says the Dome is the loudest stadium he's played in
Very good informative interview. Lots of information on how things fit together

Depends on the coach, Babers was more of a CEO type, different style. He got Devito and Shrader both great QB’s. We should not compare guys. Like what Fran is doing with this group and think KM will be great. My biggest concern is backup QB, we are in the same situation as last year right now
It’s obvious Fran is a better recruiter.

Is it laziness vs dawg mentality?
Relationships already in place due to hard work?

I think Fran is an example of youth = energy
We haven’t seen anything like this since the salad days of P sleeping at Manley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom