When was the last time Syracuse had zero players with any NCAA experience? | Syracusefan.com

When was the last time Syracuse had zero players with any NCAA experience?

I just checked, and it looks like neither Cuffe nor Mcleod played in tourney games at their previous schools.
I had not even thought about that. That's really a sad thing to consider. My wife asked me about filling out a bracket last night. I said I didn't care. I've lost the excitement for an event I used to look forward to all year. Red needs to get us back on track (and I think he will).

Cuffe was a redshirt on the Kansas 2021-22 team that won the NC.

He practiced with the team. He traveled with the team. He even got a t-shirt and a hat after the game ended.
So what you’re saying is, CousCuse would rather him be coaching than Autry?

On a related note, I believe Benny Williams is the only player to play in at least 3 seasons at Syracuse and never play in the postseason in the last 50 years (or more)
He’s a major part of why every year too. He really should be the most “hated” to come through here. Awful.

Is the answer 2003?

Melo, GMac, Edelin definitely didn't have any tournament experience they were freshmen. They made the NIT the year before so Warrick, Pace, Forth who were sophomores had no experience.

Did Duany or McNeil actually play in the tournament? If they did, it wasn't much.

Is the answer 2003?

Melo, GMac, Edelin definitely didn't have any tournament experience they were freshmen. They made the NIT the year before so Warrick, Pace, Forth who were sophomores had no experience.

Did Duany or McNeil actually play in the tournament? If they did, it wasn't much.
Both Kueth and McNeil played in the 2001 Tourney. In fact, McNeil was a starter for both games.

I think you may have to go all the way back to the early 70s. 1971-92, specifically.

last time zero players with no NCAA experience?

so...like...when everyone on the team had ncaa experience? not sure

Duquesne won an ncaa tournament game. Too bad they pushed Hima down a level because that would have been pretty cool for him.

last time zero players with no NCAA experience?

so...like...when everyone on the team had ncaa experience? not sure
To quote the great philosopher Homer, "D'oh!"

Surprised no one noticed that yet, including me!

Edit: I changed the title.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom