Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23)

Jesse had a great season, had some rough games but overall he was really good.
Jesse did have a very good year but he had some no show halves in key games. He would show in the second half but by then it was often decided. When engaged he was a handful.

In what way? How was what he did different than what Starling did?
Starling's coach was fired mid-season and it was pretty obvious Starling was gone once that happened AND it's not like he picked a random school to transfer to, he had a lifelong connection with Red. It's probably closer to JJ wasn't going to play for JAB and he would have committed to SU out of high school if Red was the HC.

You boomers need new jokes. I was banging cheerleaders at parties you were looking through the windows at.
Live look through the window.
1684240262110.jpeg

In my head, I have a mental image of what every Syracusefan.com poster (who I haven't met) looks like in person. And that is what I have for CuseFaninVT almost precisely.
I’ve always thought that would be a really funny off-season thread. Match posters with preconceived ideas of what they look like. I’ve just never wanted to start it because I’m afraid some people might take offense… and of course, so many here actually know what the individual posters look like. Still…

They better be better. We weren’t even close to an NCAA team last year. If those two aren’t better, then we are in trouble
i agree. i think they will. as good as judah and joe are at certain aspects of the game - neither one really was a complete PG or SG. i think the increased athleticism alone will be an improvement in guard play. on top of that, players who fit more to the roles.

I personally don’t care that we signed McLeod, care maybe a tad more than I cared about signing Hima last year.
who would prefer the staff sign in his stead? or would you prefer to leave the schollie unused?

I’ve always thought that would be a really funny off-season thread. Match posters with preconceived ideas of what they look like. I’ve just never wanted to start it because I’m afraid some people might take offense… and of course, so many here actually know what the individual posters look like. Still…
I have you as a Baby Boomer with a friendly disposition. Like an older Paul Rudd.

At the moment all of our players are a "project" depending on how Red coaches and his system. I have faith that he will put the pieces of the puzzle together quite well.
OMG. The post line above about where do we get our tall players, The Big and Tall Store...Funny, funny line.
umm not really imo

starling, for instance, was on acc all-freshman team. is he going to be an all-american next season? not sure. it is possible though. but that isn't a project the way peter carey, patterson or hima are. he's at least proven himself to a certain

there are certain tiers of project. the centers on the roster are all on the lower tier of that spectrum is my point. it should be more staggered. if you have 4 centers - 2 should be ready to start and have experience...not all 4 that have never been a starter etc.

i wasnt trying to say that the other players are proven. they arent. but that is NCAABB in 2023. look around. there arent many proven players anywhere. the second they play slightly well they think they are ready for the NBA - a la Mintz. (who still hasnt proven himself as a NCAA PG, imo)

so there's a difference...thats what I was getting at. the centers are all extreme projects whereas the others are somewhere between reasonbly proven to project as well...

could patterson or carey surprise? i hope so...it isnt out of the realm of possibility. I'm not writing them off.

my point was that it is weird roster construction to have that many totally unproven, no-experience players at the center spot...redundant and unusual and the issue imo

That could go very very wrong, but...

Can he hit the deep 3 like Joel Embiid?

This is a great idea, but yes, would definitely get offensive.

I have you as a Baby Boomer with a friendly disposition. Like an older Paul Rudd.
Ha! See I always think I look more like this guy.
D5A7DEE5-A6F7-4FE9-A413-AA6818343395.jpeg

At the moment all of our players are a "project" depending on how Red coaches and his system...
Exactly right.
Right now instead of numbers every player should have a jersey with "?" on the back.

Lets go!!
You cannot coach 7'4"
You cannot coach Starlings quickness
You cannot coach Judahs grit
And, wout Weitsman, we cannot pay Jesse.

So, we wil go w what we got & lets hope we eventually get a bruiser.

If we were looking to have a center post up and give us points in the paint he wouldn't be a good option. I don't think we are looking for that. I don't think we should be either.

We have Starling, Westry, Copeland, and maybe Mintz who are all great at getting to the rim. When they get there they are going to be met with the other teams best shot blocker much of the time. They need someone they can throw a lob up to if that happens. Stats aren't super important here, what is important is that McLeod can keep his man pinned to him or catch and dunk the ball when his man leaves. On the other side of the ball we want him to be a rim protector. I think it's reasonable to hope he can be close to as good as Jesse at both things. If so he will be a great pick up.
Agree!! It’s hard not to like the image of Starling, Westry, Copeland and dare I say Judah penetrating and dumping / ooping to a very strong a 7’4’’ giant. And having him on the defensive side as well. And rebounding we can hope.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom