Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23) | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Naheem McLeod Transferring to Syracuse (5/15/23)

I don’t believe that’s ever going to be his role. He’s a defender.

I would imagine he's got an awful 3 cone drill time but is fast for his size end line to end line. In the pick and roll, at no fault of his own, he spins and drifts to the hoop vs a hard cut. This is giving the hedging big man more time to close the passing lanes down. Judah needs to work out ways to execute the lob or PNR better with McLeod. Otherwise I like using the wings to get it into him a few times a game and he seems to prefer that corner mid post area to operate from if he can.

I hope they keep bringing Carey along to be an option to defend the rim and be a good option on the pick and roll. He needs to get stronger but is explosive finishing above the rim and a hard guard off that pnr in the dunker spot.

I would imagine he's got an awful 3 cone drill time but is fast for his size end line to end line. In the pick and roll, at no fault of his own, he spins and drifts to the hoop vs a hard cut. This is giving the hedging big man more time to close the passing lanes down. Judah needs to work out ways to execute the lob or PNR better with McLeod. Otherwise I like using the wings to get it into him a few times a game and he seems to prefer that corner mid post area to operate from if he can.

I hope they keep bringing Carey along to be an option to defend the rim and be a good option on the pick and roll. He needs to get stronger but is explosive finishing above the rim and a hard guard off that pnr in the dunker spot.
Love the discussion about using the wings. Saw a few times last night that brown was open on a cut to the rim but the ball went from the wing to the corner. Copeland actually executed the pass really well at some point. Hope they see that in the tape review this week and make the adjustments.

Love the discussion about using the wings. Saw a few times last night that brown was open on a cut to the rim but the ball went from the wing to the corner. Copeland actually executed the pass really well at some point. Hope they see that in the tape review this week and make the adjustments.

Yep. This opens things up for the corner shooters and for JJ or Judah to drive opposite side as the defense is forced to react and pick their poison.

There is good tape from this game to use and replicate along with things to point out as don't do it again.

Good point. PnR needs improvement (from up top), and delivery from the wings is emerging. But IMO they're not looking for Naheem often or early enough. Feed the post and let them deal with 7'4!!!

I haven't read this thread i just wanted to say that McLeod is significantly better than i expected him to be. He's got a real soft touch on his shot. I still have nightmares of DC(2) trying to break the backboard with every layup.

You can look at the What if” scenarios alll you want. Jesse made the decision to leave vice staying. He went for the grass is greener option instead of staying.

what was the purpose of this post?

What do they expect to happen when they just stand there?

I've never seen a center get literally spun around defending in the post until I watched it happen to Naheem multiple times tonight. My opinion on Hima is pretty well known but I'm not sure he's any worse.

Can't find any info on Hima (not that I've looked that hard). Anyone know his status?

Can't find any info on Hima (not that I've looked that hard). Anyone know his status?
He went through a full hour of pregame drills last night with the bigs and looked normal. You know, shoot around, dunks, jump shots, pick and rolls, etc. Although he had a full set of warmups on so it almost appeared as though he wasn't in full uniform and active.

Don't give up so quickly. He's certainly the equal of Jeremy McNeil, and we won a championship with him. Give him some time to blend in with the other new guys. This is a young team that has to build some inter-personal chemistry.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom