Nassib apparently backup in 2 position again!! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nassib apparently backup in 2 position again!!

Andre Williams may be starting at RB towards the end of the season. Absolute steal for the Giants.

Nassib , Williams and Washington could the G-Mens next Big 3. Ditch Eli and Cruz , add enormous cap space and load up on D.

Andre Williams may be starting at RB towards the end of the season. Absolute steal for the Giants.
I hope not, I'm targeting Rashad Jennings as a mid-round pick in my fantasy draft today.

I hope Eli throws 20 INTs this year.

Because we will know he's slinging it again.

And we will also see 30 TDs and 4500 YDs and 10 wins.

Nassib, by getting his head out of arse, no small feat for it was WAY up there, saved a roster spot, which was the goal...and to that I say...phew!!

Again a roster spot.

Nothing more, nothing less.

1 more active special teamer or rotation guy.

Amen.

He stepped up when his back was against the wall.
For me, this is the whole deal with Ryan - he is a gamer. Time and again under great criticism and skepticism, this kid has just powered through it all and taken care of business. That has to impress someone in the NFL. It just doesn't pay betting against Ryan.

Last edited:
It frustrates me so much that we live in New York but yet can't watch the NY jets play the NY giants :bang: Instead I'm stuck watching the packers vs the raiders
Why couldn't you watch the game? It was on channel 2, CBS. Stuck in a tunnel?

KaiserUEO said:
I hope Eli throws 20 INTs this year. Because we will know he's slinging it again. And we will also see 30 TDs and 4500 YDs and 10 wins. Nassib, by getting his head out of arse, no small feat for it was WAY up there, saved a roster spot, which was the goal...and to that I say...phew!! Again a roster spot. Nothing more, nothing less. 1 more active special teamer or rotation guy. Amen.

10 wins!!!! You are a funny guy.

Eagles take the division by 2 games over the Wash. Boys and Giants have a bad D vs bad O duel for bottom of the division.

TheCusian said:
10 wins!!!! You are a funny guy. Eagles take the division by 2 games over the Wash. Boys and Giants have a bad D vs bad O duel for bottom of the division.

Never underestimate the Giants and Tom Coughlin.

rrlbees said:
Never underestimate the Giants and Tom Coughlin.

As a lifelong Eagles fan, I know that from experience... But I'm not seeing a lot from their new offense. They lost a bunch of playmakers and their D looks average. We'll see how it plays out. Should be a fun season.

Can't freaking wait for CFB and NFL.

Unless all the GMs in the NFL haven't been paying attention I think Nassib doesn't have to worry about a spot on an NFL roster. He looks better than a lot of starters.

If the Giants don't want him he'll find a spot.

bevosu said:
Unless all the GMs in the NFL haven't been paying attention I think Nassib doesn't have to worry about a spot on an NFL roster. He looks better than a lot of starters. If the Giants don't want him he'll find a spot.

He could start for the Bills.

Love this development, couldn't be happier for Nassib. Great for the program too, we really need another starting NFL QB so hopefully he continues to progress and gets a shot - even if it isn't with the Giants.

I just turned to NFL Network to see the highlights, just in time for NYG vs NYJ highlights.

3 or 4 full minutes of highlights. They showed Eli, Geno, Vick, and Chris Johnson. Not a single mention of Ryan.

Aren't you the NFL Network? Shouldn't you actually be showing what actually happened in the game? Don't turn into ESPN and just create storylines, NFL Network. I'm beggin' ya.
It's Week 3 of pre-season, which is traditionally the game when the starters get their big run. How they look is the bigger story than the outcome of the game or battles further down the depth chart.

For me, this is the whole deal with Ryan - he is a gamer. Time and again under great criticism and skepticism, this kid has just powered through it all and taken care of business. That has to impress someone in the NFL. It just doesn't pay betting against Ryan.
He's a gamer and he's kinda indestructible. Then again, so is Eli.

Granted, it was a 16yd drive culminating with the Hyno TD (all Hyno btw) but it was v the jettie 1s, fwiw...

I'm kind of hoping Eli craps the bed again, the Giants can cut him and his terrible contract, and Nassib steps up.

I'm kind of hoping Eli craps the bed again, the Giants can cut him and his terrible contract, and Nassib steps up.

This is why fans are so insane. I mean no disrespect, but when fans become emotional their brains get wonky and they don't think logically.

You want to cut a 2 time SB MVP who has an incredibly deteriorating cast and a horrific OL the last two years who oh by the way threw more 4th quarter TDs than anybody in the NFL a year ago, in favor of a 4th round pick a year ago who less than two weeks ago "wasn't good enough" (as per fans) to be a #2 QB on the team. Nassib looked great against the Jets 2nd and 3rd team defense (and 8th string secondary) but lets not go anointing him a quality starter in the NFL because he did well against backups.

He definitely has significantly improved his ball placement though, that deep ball to Corey Washington was a thing of beauty. That really bodes well for his future in the league.

Also I have no stake in the Giants. I'm a Jets fan, but I pay some attention, dads a Giants fan.

Last edited:
This is why fans are so insane. I mean no disrespect, but when fans become emotional their brains get wonky and they don't think logically.

You want to cut a 2 time SB MVP who has an incredibly deteriorating cast and a horrific OL the last two years who oh by the way threw more 4th quarter TDs than anybody in the NFL a year ago, in favor of a 4th round pick a year ago who less than two weeks ago "wasn't good enough" (as per fans) to be a #2 QB on the team. Nassib looked great against the Jets 2nd and 3rd team defense (and 8th string secondary) but lets not go anointing him a quality starter in the NFL because he did well against backups.

He definitely has significantly improved his ball placement though, that deep ball to Corey Washington was a thing of beauty. That really bodes well for his future in the league.

Also I have no stake in the Giants. I'm a Jets fan, but I pay some attention, dads a Giants fan.
No disrespect but Jets fans are wonky themselves! (Just kidding)

I don't think Eli is done by a long shot but I do think he is part of the problem. He needs to get the timing down much better and his accuracy needs to improve as well. I think he will.

As for Nassib, it appears that the game is finally slowing down for him. If so, watch out this underrated kid has always overachieved and proved his critics wrong. He is the type of guy you want in your lifeboat, foxhole or whatever. He is I think 24 - at 26 he could be of starting quality and have many years to play.

For all but the very best college QB's, the journey from college to NFL starter is usually a difficult one. Ryan has covered the most difficult part and is well on his way. It's going to be fun to watch. Oh yes, I am a Giants fan!.

No disrespect but Jets fans are wonky themselves! (Just kidding)

I don't think Eli is done by a long shot but I do think he is part of the problem. He needs to get the timing down much better and his accuracy needs to improve as well. I think he will.

As for Nassib, it appears that the game is finally slowing down for him. If so, watch out this underrated kid has always overachieved and proved his critics wrong. He is the type of guy you want in your lifeboat, foxhole or whatever. He is I think 24 - at 26 he could be of starting quality and have many years to play.

For all but the very best college QB's, the journey from college to NFL starter is usually a difficult one. Ryan has covered the most difficult part and is well on his way. It's going to be fun to watch. Oh yes, I am a Giants fan!.

I wouldn't say Jets fans are wonky, just gluttons for punishment.

As for Eli, I do agree he needs to step it up, but when the talent around you goes south the way it has for the Giants no one QB can really mask the deficiencies. It's actually quite shocking watching it go south, two years ago they had a really promising WR corps, Cruz has leveled off without other talents around him, Randle isn't proceeding as well as they'd like and Nicks body went south on him. The OL is nearly in disrepair and the backs are in tatters right now.

As for Ryan, if he can make one more sizable leap over the next year, I think he can be a bottom level starter for a few years in the league. I think it's highly unlikely that he gets that chance in Ny however. But it is certainly promising none the less to see his growth.

I wouldn't say Jets fans are wonky, just gluttons for punishment.

As for Eli, I do agree he needs to step it up, but when the talent around you goes south the way it has for the Giants no one QB can really mask the deficiencies. It's actually quite shocking watching it go south, two years ago they had a really promising WR corps, Cruz has leveled off without other talents around him, Randle isn't proceeding as well as they'd like and Nicks body went south on him. The OL is nearly in disrepair and the backs are in tatters right now.

As for Ryan, if he can make one more sizable leap over the next year, I think he can be a bottom level starter for a few years in the league. I think it's highly unlikely that he gets that chance in Ny however. But it is certainly promising none the less to see his growth.
I can think of scenarios where Ryan gets a chance in NY. If the Giants were struggling and Eli went down for a few games and Ran did well, who knows. But you are right - it is far more likely the Giants trade him for a first or second round pick down the road.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom