Nassib Gruden Special | Syracusefan.com

Nassib Gruden Special

MassOrange

Walk On
Just missed it.

Are these replayed or findable online; can anyone give a recap?

Its on after the ej Manuel one. The hockey game before went into OT.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

This is really great. Gruden is in love with this kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was IMPRESSIVE - especially after watching Gruden tease and prod EJ Manuel.

SU-Best zone read in football (not sure if CFB or all of football). Blown away by the use of the tight end in this situation.

Also, impressed with Nassib's progressions and ability to hit 2nd/3rd/4th progressions

God, we are going to miss Marrone and Hackett...

Thu 4/18 7:00 AM ESPN Classic SportsCenter Special: Gruden’s QB Camp – Ryan Nassib

It scares me the drop off at QB without Ryan. ...We need a lot to fall into place .

"I'd love to coach you"
Not a better passer in the draft
I haven't seen the segment, but here's a thought. When was the last time a Syracuse QB was regarded as an NFL prospect as a pure NFL-style passer? Rewinding, our top-tier QB's have been Nassib, McNabb, Graves, Philcox, McPherson, and we're all the way back to '87. Philcox it is, '88.

Gruden's awesome ... "worst slides I've ever seen". lol. He was all over Nassib on that show. Great fun to watch and proud to have Ryan rep' SU.

Thu 4/18 7:00 AM ESPN Classic SportsCenter Special: Gruden’s QB Camp – Ryan Nassib
It's also on again 4/17 at 4 AM on ESPNC Ch 230 in CNY.

ESPN Classic which used to be free for about a decade is now a part of a TW sports package which is around $8 a month.

The work around is to order the sports package, tape what you want and cancel that day.

You will be charged a prorated, 1/30th of the monthly cost or about 26 cents.

You have to love Gruden - dude has now basically become a cartoon of himself. How many times did he say, "You have to be able to stick it in that tight window"? I lost count.

I'll say this - you know the kid is a good prospect when the worst thing Gruden can say about him is that he has an ugly hook slide...

Classy tweet...
Greg Paulus@Greg_Paulus18h
Proud of @Ryan_Nassib on the Gruden Camp on ESPN2. Did a great job making the Syracuse football program better.

(I'm going to get blasted for saying this)

I've seen many of the Gruden QB specials...and I watched the one on Ryan last night.

I dunno guys, I just don't see it. I really don't. Call me a football moron, but I just don't see Ryan as anything beyond a 4th round qb.

Don't get me wrong. I love what the kid did for us...I love his work ethic...and I think he's a natural leader. But I just don't see what they are hyping him on.

I hope for nothing but the best for him. I hope he goes in the 1st round, wins multiple championships and makes a gazillion dollars.

I just don't see it...

Kid has a great arm, work ethic, natural leader, and has run a pro-style offense, and made us a better team than we actually were at certain parts of the season? What makes you skeptical

One thing I wonder about now is whether it really would have been bad to have him play in 2009. Some have said that having Paulus was important to allow Nassib to stay out of the war zone that year, before he was ready and before we had a real O-line to put him behind. At this point I think they brought Paulus in solely because he was a better QB for us at the time. Nassib is unflappable, and no matter what happened that year, he would have kept after it.

I'll take Gruden's praise with a grain of salt, he falls in love with QBs. He really likes to collect them, he had 5 or 6 on a roster towards the end of his run at Tampa bay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom