Nassib needs to settle down out there at times he | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nassib needs to settle down out there at times he

If Graves or McNabb got to throw the ball 40+ times a game they'd have all the records.
No doubt. It's a different game. You can add Mcpherson, Philcox, and Scharr to that list.

Nassib simpy doesn't make anyone around him better. If the OL is blocking well, the RBs are running hard, and the WRs are getting open and holding onto the ball, then he's fine. But he's just not ever going to be the kind of player that regularly overcomes things breaking down and bails us out.

What can you do, it ain't changing. We can win some games with him at the helm. Hopefully 4 more.

So what QB's have we had over the last 20 years that did what you say above?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

A
ny kind of pressure and the kid just panicks. He's so nervous and it's blatanly obvious to everyone. It must be frustrating for the staff. I think things will change when Zack Allen takes over next year.
You mean like when Johnny miller was supposed to take over? The kid hasn't graduated HS yet can we let him get on campus and take a college snap before anointing him the savior!

So what QB's have we had over the last 20 years that did what you say above?

Besides McNabb and Graves? Mason. RJ was sort of ok.

I hate the stats argument because it's not a static game.

And I am in the camp that think's Ryan is totally fine. In the Patterson / ARob / Cam Dantley era I'd watch generic teams on ESPN trot out serviceable guys and wish we just had that. We have that and a little better, but he's no game changer.

And I am in the camp that think's Ryan is totally fine. In the Patterson / ARob / Cam Dantley era I'd watch generic teams on ESPN trot out serviceable guys and wish we just had that. We have that and a little better, but he's no game changer.
i don't think he's been serviceable in big east games. he's been good enough out of conference to lift his numbers.

unless serviceable is like the word mediocre and people don't really mean it

knuckleheads need to stop comparing him to su qbs from different eras. compare him to his current peers

rating vs conference
2012 1 game i know - 91st
2011 84th
2010 worse than 100th (cfb stats only shows up to the 100th worst)

if that's serviceable then just about everyone is

I'm sorry but after 15 games this is just not a coincidence.

he should've been replaced before last year and it's Marrone's fault he couldn't find anyone better and play him. I was wrong in predicting he wouldn't start last year but I wasn't wrong that he shouldn't

i don't think he's been serviceable in big east games. he's been good enough out of conference to lift his numbers.

unless serviceable is like the word mediocre and people don't really mean it

knuckleheads need to stop comparing him to su qbs from different eras. compare him to his current peers

rating vs conference
2012 1 game i know - 91st
2011 84th
2010 worse than 100th (cfb stats only shows up to the 100th worst)

if that's serviceable then just about everyone is

I'm sorry but after 15 games this is just not a coincidence.

he should've been replaced before last year and it's Marrone's fault he couldn't find anyone better and play him. I was wrong in predicting he wouldn't start last year but I wasn't wrong that he shouldn't

Since our OOC schedule are usually stronger than others and as tough if not tougher than our conference schedule (like this year), maybe it is something else.

The answer was McNabb and Graves. Nassib is better than Mason and RJ. But the bigger point was that having the kind of QB that some want Nassib to be hasn't hardly existed here.

Since our OOC schedule are usually stronger than others and as tough if not tougher than our conference schedule (like this year), maybe it is something else.

like what?

like what?

Familiarity with what we will do and us not game planning to counter that? I'm just saying that we play some pretty good teams OOC, so why would he do well there but not in conference? It's not like our OOC schedule is rutgirls like. Didn't someone rate our OOC schedule this year as #1? Doesn't add up that he can play so well vs the USC's and others but not so well vs the Pitts.

like what?

WR's, OL play... lather, rinse, repeat.

Average at best. Everything must be in perfect alignment for Nassib to succeed. If any one thing is out of line (a little bit of pressure, the first option is covered, the second option is covered), he is a HUGE liability.

Right or wrong, the QB needs to make plays or help others make plays. A "game manager" at QB doesn't do it in today's college football.

The answer was McNabb and Graves. Nassib is better than Mason and RJ. But the bigger point was that having the kind of QB that some want Nassib to be hasn't hardly existed here.

That's a failure of Coach P. He didn't get one kid to buy in to the be the next McNabb.

Familiarity with what we will do and us not game planning to counter that? I'm just saying that we play some pretty good teams OOC, so why would he do well there but not in conference? It's not like our OOC schedule is rutgirls like. Didn't someone rate our OOC schedule this year as #1? Doesn't add up that he can play so well vs the USC's and others but not so well vs the Pitts.

So if what you say is true, the blame would fall under the head coach/offensive coordinator? Yet so many on here are quick to say that Hackett is NOT the problem. Not in the least.

It's got to be one or the other.

So if what you say is true, the blame would fall under the head coach/offensive coordinator? Yet so many on here are quick to say that Hackett is NOT the problem. Not in the least.

It's got to be one or the other.

Why does it have to be one or the other? There are a combination of factors contributing to the issue, not just one silver bullet.

Why does it have to be one or the other? There are a combination of factors contributing to the issue, not just one silver bullet.

I get that there are a ton of factors, but there are certain people who go out of their way to make excuses for Nassib when he is a huge part of the problem and has been the past two years.

i think we've faced some pretty crappy out of conference pass defenses. some good offenses and good teams overall. but he pads his numbers big time. lots of qbs who are better than him in conference games are worse than him against the 1AAs.

sometime i'll compare the discrepancy between his conference rank vs his non conference rank by qb rating. i guess it's one of the biggest gaps in the country each year

I get that there are a ton of factors, but there are certain people who go out of their way to make excuses for Nassib when he is a huge part of the problem and has been the past two years.

There have been other huge parts of the problem as well, which is why it isn't nearly as cut and dry as what you suggest above.

Nassib is pretty low on the list of "problems" IMO compared to some of the others. His biggest issue is that he isn't a world beating talent, on a fairly pedestrian team with lackluster offensive talent around him. The last two years aren't all on him, despite what some would like to believe.

There have been other huge parts of the problem as well, which is why it isn't nearly as cut and dry as what you suggest above.

Nassib is pretty low on the list of "problems" IMO compared to some of the others. His biggest issue is that he isn't a world beating talent, on a fairly pedestrian team with lackluster offensive talent around him. The last two years aren't all on him, despite what some would like to believe.

Agree to disagree then. Bailey was named First Team All-Big East. So were Provo, Pugh and Tiller. Lemon was Second Team All-Big East. I get that all-conference teams aren't necessarily the best way to judge, but according to the coaches votes, Syracuse had five top guys, including two talent positions, and had the worst scoring offense in the league in conference-only games.

Agree to disagree then. Bailey was named First Team All-Big East. So were Provo, Pugh and Tiller. Lemon was Second Team All-Big East. I get that all-conference teams aren't necessarily the best way to judge, but according to the coaches votes, Syracuse had five top guys, including two talent positions, and had the worst scoring offense in the league in conference-only games.

You're arguing that our offensive talent wasn't subpar, then?

Yeah--agree to disagree.

You're arguing that our offensive talent wasn't subpar, then?

Yeah--agree to disagree.

Compared to the rest of the country? Absolutely agree. Subpar.

Compared to the rest of the Big East? Not true.

Compared to the rest of the country? Absolutely agree. Subpar.

Compared to the rest of the Big East? Not true.

Agree 100% with your first point.

Disagree somewhat with your second. The BE is a weak conference overall, but I don't think its reasonable to suggest that we stacked up against WVU's offensive skilled players from a talent standpoint [yes, I know that we beat them last year]. Ditto Louisville. There was a pretty big stratification between us and the teams atop the conference from a skilled talent perspective.

The bottom of the conference? I think your claim is pretty much spot on [uconn, etc.]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom