Nassib's fade to Sales | Syracusefan.com

Nassib's fade to Sales

jtorange

Walk On
Thought I heard (mentioned very quickly) on ESPN's broadcast that it was actually a "back shoulder" throw and not a fade. Anyone else hear that?

Thought I heard (mentioned very quickly) on ESPN's broadcast that it was actually a "back shoulder" throw and not a fade. Anyone else hear that?
A back shoulder throw is thrown much harder that a fade pass. That was definitely a fade pass and not a back shoulder.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

A back shoulder throw is thrown much harder that a fade pass. That was definitely a fade pass and not a back shoulder.

The guy is totally out of his element when he is not Jeff Daniels throwing snowballs at wr Lauren Holly

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

The guy is totally out of his element when he is not Jeff Daniels throwing snowballs at wr Lauren Holly

If you're complaining now, just imagine what it's going to be like next year with the candidates they'll be replacing Nassib with.

If you're complaining now, just imagine what it's going to be like next year with the candidates they'll be replacing Nassib with.
We will see. At least I waited until i actually watched him play plenty of games

We will see. At least I waited until i actually watched him play plenty of games

Not sure what you're implying, but I'm nervous about having Hunt, Loeb, Broyld, and two true frosh competing for snaps.

I'd like to see us run a few of these. With Ryan's arm (in terms of throwing bullets) and Sales route-running ability I feel like they could work well together.

Not sure what you're implying, but I'm nervous about having Hunt, Loeb, Broyld, and two true frosh competing for snaps.
Why?

Why?

Because Hunt hasn't played one snap, and apparently hasn't been adequate enough to earn rotational PT in any capacity.

Because Loeb was little more than the "best available" in Marrone's first class, and it remains to be seen whether he will ever garner PT.

Because Kinder just doesn't have "it."

Because Broyld might not have the chops to be a QB, and his future might lie at another position.

And because Allen / Wilson will be true frosh next year.

I'm skeptical as of young QBs; we've been waiting a LONG time for an above average playmaker to emerge post-McNabb, and it hasn't happened yet. For all I know, Allen, Wilson, Broyld or any of the above might make an adequate starter down the road. I'll believe it when I see it.

Because Hunt hasn't played one snap, and apparently hasn't been adequate enough to earn rotational PT in any capacity.

Because Loeb was little more than the "best available" in Marrone's first class, and it remains to be seen whether he will ever garner PT.

Because Kinder just doesn't have "it."

Because Broyld might not have the chops to be a QB, and his future might lie at another position.

And because Allen / Wilson will be true frosh next year.

I'm skeptical as **** of young QBs; we've been waiting a LONG time for an above average playmaker to emerge post-McNabb, and it hasn't happened yet. For all I know, Allen, Wilson, Broyld or any of the above might make an adequate starter down the road. I'll believe it when I see it.
College guys get replaced all the time. We'll be fine

College guys get replaced all the time. We'll be fine

And yet, we're going on 13 years since McNabb left, and we haven't had an above average starting QB in all that time. Not one.

I have high hopes for players like Broyld, Allen, and Wilson. But I also had high hopes for Chad Elliot, Cecil Howard, Perry Patterson, Joe Fields, RJ Anderson, Andrew Robinson, David Legree, Cody Catalina, etc. And not one of those players amounted to as a QB.

Until proven otherwise, it is a huge issue. I know you are eagerly counting down the days until Nassib's eligibility expires, but there is no guarantee that the alternative might be worse than what we currently have.

HCDM said after the game that that fade pass was supposed to be a back shoulder pass or thrown to the back shoulder side, something like that.

nassib and sales/lemon have made some terrific plays on slants in the redzone throughout their careers

And yet, we're going on 13 years since McNabb left, and we haven't had an above average starting QB in all that time. Not one.

I have high hopes for players like Broyld, Allen, and Wilson. But I also had high hopes for Chad Elliot, Cecil Howard, Perry Patterson, Joe Fields, RJ Anderson, Andrew Robinson, David Legree, Cody Catalina, etc. And not one of those players amounted to **** as a QB.

Until proven otherwise, it is a huge issue. I know you are eagerly counting down the days until Nassib's eligibility expires, but there is no guarantee that the alternative might be worse than what we currently have.
I didn't care when those guys graduated either

I didn't care when those guys graduated either

Wait until next year's QB takes over. Play stop rewind.

We've seen this film before.

You've had this extra pair of gloves this whole time?

I'm convinced that Allen will be a star.

I hope so--would love that to be true. And Allen's Elite 11 performance suggests that he might be a special talent.

But I'll be pretty surprised if he comes in as a true frosh [even one who enrolls in January] and demonstrates play superior to a fifth year senior.

Again, I don't give a crap which QB eventually pans out, provided that one of them does.

Hope you're right about Allen. Would be great to have a difference maker under center for the first time in more than a decade.

Wait until next year's QB takes over. Play stop rewind.

We've seen this film before.

either we continue to have crappy qb play or we finally upgrade. i never lost any sleep over any of the other bad qbs graduating even though we didn't end up upgrading.

the only place where we might miss nassib is in out of conference games. we won't have as many of those and it's not like we have a good record in those games anyway

No way, no how. Our seats were a couple of rows from the field in that corner of the endzone. So, the play happened, maybe, 30 feet from us. The pass had no loft, no touch, and thus gave Sales no chance of coming down with it. It was as if he intended to throw it directly to the CB. Awful...

No way, no how. Our seats were a couple of rows from the field in that corner of the endzone. So, the play happened, maybe, 30 feet from us. The pass had no loft, no touch, and thus gave Sales no chance of coming down with it. It was as if he intended to throw it directly to the CB. Awful...
It showed his complete lack of touch. Ryan cant pass he can throw but he has never been a passer and for those that think he has NFL written all over him give me a break.

HCDM said after the game that that fade pass was supposed to be a back shoulder pass or thrown to the back shoulder side, something like that.

It obviously wasn't a fade pass since it had 0 trajectory on it. What it was was a pass that was 2 yards left of target and right into the CB's chest. That play call was puzzling at best. Those 3 points we lost almost bit us in the arse.

Watch the play again. Pay less attention to the ball and more attention to the route. It was a fade route. Now it could have been a communication issue, but sales ran a fad.

Watch the play again. Pay less attention to the ball and more attention to the route. It was a fade route. Now it could have been a communication issue, but sales ran a fad.

The Pitt DB ran a fade too. And it was a great pass to him.

Sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom