National TV Exposure | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

National TV Exposure

Exactly. For all the injuries and drama, we won 6 last season. Fran did not have to do a tear down. Which is precisely why setting a goal for 8+ wins this year was always reasonable.
If not for Fran... LA, McCord, Meeks, Haynes, OG, Barron, Wax, Pena, Nixon, our two starting tackles, Diggs, Duce, Watson, Dan, Johnson are not on this team. How would that have played out?

If not for Fran... LA, McCord, Meeks, Haynes, OG, Barron, Wax, Pena, Nixon, our two starting tackles, Diggs, Duce, Watson, Dan, Johnson are not on this team. How would that have played out?
I wasn’t slighting Fran.

ESPN College Football Final - Joey Galloway

IMG_5203.jpeg

Probably 6 again. DB stopped the slide that happened with Shafer and got the ball rolling in the right direction (he deserves some credit for that) but hit his ceiling. Fran is on another level with a much higher floor and ceiling. I will enjoy the ride with Fran without piling on Dino.

No chance he would stay anyhow he’s definitely going in the draft
He could do what Ewers did and opt to return to an easier draft.

Don’t think Shadeur is long for a top 10 lock. Riley Leonard high places stock might drop.

He’s #38 on this list.

Don’t think Shadeur is long for a top 10 lock. Riley Leonard high places stock might drop.

He’s #38 on this list.
CDRW just 3 spots below him……Not sure how much value I put in this list LOL.

Exactly. For all the injuries and drama, we won 6 last season. Fran did not have to do a tear down. Which is precisely why setting a goal for 8+ wins this year was always reasonable.
It was an 8 win roster to start each of the last three years. 3 years ago, screwed up the qb , bad OC and three straight 3pt losses to good teams. 5 wins with Tucker, Bergeron, GWill, Devito, K. Jonathan

Next year 7 wins losing Thompson and Elmore first quarter first game, Tucker had a lingering injury all year. Shrader beat to hell by mid season. GWill goes down mid year.

Last year we know how that went.

Better depth, talent injection, no gauntlet this year. That’s why I’ve always thought 8 to 10 was reasonable.

Corso and Desmond Howard nailed it. Lee loves us from back in 59 when he was a Maryland assistant. Our national champs throttled the Terps and Corso said our defense was one of the best he has ever seen. Said the way we attacked to the ball reminded him of German panzers attacking during the blitzkrieg.

Corso and Desmond Howard nailed it. Lee loves us from back in 59 when he was a Maryland assistant. Our national champs throttled the Terps and Corso said our defense was one of the best he has ever seen. Said the way we attacked to the ball reminded him of German panzers attacking during the blitzkrieg.

Corso picked Vandy to beat VT in week 1 as well. He still has a little bit left in the tank.

CDRW just 3 spots below him……Not sure how much value I put in this list LOL.
Haha saw that.

Nowhere to be found on that one that has 23 guys.

NFL scouts aren’t blind but he’s not a projected mid round pick working his way up the first. All the guys drafted this year in the first were dual threats other than Penix who ran a really fast 40. I think the pendulum will swing back to valuing accuracy and arm strength. But yeah as of this summer his HS recruiting rankings meant nothing for draft stock.

It was an 8 win roster to start each of the last three years. 3 years ago, screwed up the qb , bad OC and three straight 3pt losses to good teams. 5 wins with Tucker, Bergeron, GWill, Devito, K. Jonathan

Next year 7 wins losing Thompson and Elmore first quarter first game, Tucker had a lingering injury all year. Shrader beat to hell by mid season. GWill goes down mid year.

Last year we know how that went.

Better depth, talent injection, no gauntlet this year. That’s why I’ve always thought 8 to 10 was reasonable.
The lighter schedule definitely helps, but a stronger 2 deep with better front line talent, and appropriate depth at practically all positions is why we're seeing what we're seeing. Also, you can tell the staff has confidence in the talent they've brought in / developed because they rotate so many players and we generally don't see an extreme drop-off when they do.

The other major improvements are creative playcalling, game management, and penalty discipline. All chronic issues under Dino in recent years.

Take those lists with a grain of salt as far as McCord and the draft is concerned. They're based on what he did at Ohio State and the perception of what he did there. The first two games this year, he looked like a first round pick. I've stood on the sidelines for a lot of NFL training camp practices watching a variety of rookie QBs throw. The combination of anticipation and accuracy McCord has shown is first round worthy.

If he keeps it up, that's where he goes IMO. Fairly big if, given he can regress quite a bit and still be playing at a high level.

Take those lists with a grain of salt as far as McCord and the draft is concerned. They're based on what he did at Ohio State and the perception of what he did there. The first two games this year, he looked like a first round pick. I've stood on the sidelines for a lot of NFL training camp practices watching a variety of rookie QBs throw. The combination of anticipation and accuracy McCord has shown is first round worthy.

If he keeps it up, that's where he goes IMO. Fairly big if, given he can regress quite a bit and still be playing at a high level.
Maybe this is my own Syracuse bias now shining through, but short of continuing to throw for tree fiddy and 4 TDs every game I'll be shocked (but pleasantly surprised) if he's a first rounder.

I just feel like the NFL would get weird about scrutinizing weirdo things like "the Browns don't like his hand size" and crap like that.

I'm content that McCord is definitely going to get drafted and hopefully he and OG and others start a new era of Syracuse skill players getting drafted. It's just been too long and I'm tired of talking ourselves into how great it is to land guys on practice squads. Let's get dudes drafted, rostered, and starting.

It's not about 350 and 4 TD, it's about throwing to spots with anticipation and putting the ball exactly where it needs to be. Reading defenses, dissecting blitzes, and putting the ball in the hands of the right player. He's running this offense efficiently and effectively with great decisions, great anticipation, and great accuracy. That's pretty rare.

Yeah, some teams will prefer dual threats and whatnot, but if he keeps doing this I expect someone to snag him.

And, I think he keeps it up no matter who we are playing.
Yeah, I agree that he continues to rack up numbers regardless who we face. This whole thing is very sustainable especially because he doesn't rely on just one weapon. You want to take away one guy, fine, he'll throw to 4-5 other guys. He's so good. The only thing that I see getting in the way of continued success is if the oline isn't able to protect him. However, they did a great job against GTech so I'm optimistic.

Watching the game on Saturday, I found myself giddy. It was so much fun to see what an elite QB can do for US! This is really crazy, but I already started to think how sad it will be not to have him next year. I know, live in the present. :) Maybe he will help pave the way to another elite QB (but that's for another day). For now, I'm just LOVING our offense right now. Oline doing their job, weapons everywhere, elite QB, and good coaching!

It's not about 350 and 4 TD, it's about throwing to spots with anticipation and putting the ball exactly where it needs to be. Reading defenses, dissecting blitzes, and putting the ball in the hands of the right player. He's running this offense efficiently and effectively with great decisions, great anticipation, and great accuracy. That's pretty rare.

Yeah, some teams will prefer dual threats and whatnot, but if he keeps doing this I expect someone to snag him.
Yea, he has potential to be a day two pick. If he's still there on day three, someone is getting phenomenal value. Kyle will test and interview incredibly well -- he's a dream kid to coach, except for Ryan Day but that has more to do with Ryan than Kyle.

He’s #38 on this list.
I think this year (2025 Draft) is the “easier year” for QBs. Not sure if there is a QB who would have been drafted ahead of the six first rounders that went last year (and I’m certain there isn’t one who would have gone ahead of Williams, Daniels, and Maye).

Would be great to have McCord petition the five families for another year, but if he has a season that leads to him looking like a 1st-2nd round pick, he should go.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom