National TV Exposure | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

National TV Exposure

...short of continuing to throw for tree fiddy and 4 TDs every game...
Book it.

images (1).jpeg

Last edited:
If he finishes in the Top 5-10 in the country in all the stats he is ranked in, he will be gone long before the 6th round. Just look at the windows he throws into. It's elite, way better than DeVito ever showed.
I’m not saying where he is going to be drafted, I said IF he is drafted late.

It's not about 350 and 4 TD, it's about throwing to spots with anticipation and putting the ball exactly where it needs to be. Reading defenses, dissecting blitzes, and putting the ball in the hands of the right player. He's running this offense efficiently and effectively with great decisions, great anticipation, and great accuracy. That's pretty rare.

Yeah, some teams will prefer dual threats and whatnot, but if he keeps doing this I expect someone to snag him.

I forget at what point in the game it was, but he had a throw across the middle over a linebacker to I think OG for 15-20 yards that was a thing of beauty. It was a throw that I'm not sure any other QB in recent memory at SU would even ATTEMPT, and he just made it look ho-hum.

I forget at what point in the game it was, but he had a throw across the middle over a linebacker to I think OG for 15-20 yards that was a thing of beauty. It was a throw that I'm not sure any other QB in recent memory at SU would even ATTEMPT, and he just made it look ho-hum.
I remember Nassib threading a few of these passes to Lemon during the back half of the 2012 season, but seems like McCord does this with regularity. Almost makes this offense impossible to defend and you just hope the Cuse O just has an off day.

I remember Nassib threading a few of these passes to Lemon during the back half of the 2012 season, but seems like McCord does this with regularity. Almost makes this offense impossible to defend and you just hope the Cuse O just has an off day.

When Nassib would do it, it felt like he was firing a missile into a tight window. This just looked so much more effortless and confident.

He delivered a sideline laser to Pena where Pena saw nothing and was just running his route with back to him until he turned his head at the last half-second at the sidelines and the ball drilled him right in the numbers.

It was an all-around NFL delivery and catch... right down to Pena masking his look to the last second to fool his defender on the eye-watching.

My SU football fandom started during the Don McPherson years and I was lucky enough to go to the Sugar Bowl. Man, the 80s & 90s were some great decades of football. Through all the ups and downs, hope and disappointments, this year feels like it did in the previous century. I know we're only two games in but damn, in the dome on Saturday and watching this team, sure does feel like the old days.

He could do what Ewers did and opt to return to an easier draft.

Don’t think Shadeur is long for a top 10 lock. Riley Leonard high places stock might drop.

He’s #38 on this list.
That’s hysterical and he’s dead wrong !

Yeah, I agree that he continues to rack up numbers regardless who we face. This whole thing is very sustainable especially because he doesn't rely on just one weapon. You want to take away one guy, fine, he'll throw to 4-5 other guys. He's so good. The only thing that I see getting in the way of continued success is if the oline isn't able to protect him. However, they did a great job against GTech so I'm optimistic.

Watching the game on Saturday, I found myself giddy. It was so much fun to see what an elite QB can do for US! This is really crazy, but I already started to think how sad it will be not to have him next year. I know, live in the present. :) Maybe he will help pave the way to another elite QB (but that's for another day). For now, I'm just LOVING our offense right now. Oline doing their job, weapons everywhere, elite QB, and good coaching!
Giddy is the same word I was using when texting everybody I could think of. I was laughing out loud at some of those throws and receptions. I was slapping my thighs. I was losing my mind in giddy glee (not be be confused with Geddy Lee).

My SU football fandom started during the Don McPherson years and I was lucky enough to go to the Sugar Bowl. Man, the 80s & 90s were some great decades of football. Through all the ups and downs, hope and disappointments, this year feels like it did in the previous century. I know we're only two games in but damn, in the dome on Saturday and watching this team, sure does feel like the old days.
Both football and basketball programs were national powerhouses back then. We got spoiled. Thank God for Coach Fran Brown. Man on a mission.

He could do what Ewers did and opt to return to an easier draft.

Don’t think Shadeur is long for a top 10 lock. Riley Leonard high places stock might drop.

He’s #38 on this list.
3 places above Carlos Del Rio Wilson, makes sense.
IMG_1615.jpeg

When Nassib would do it, it felt like he was firing a missile into a tight window. This just looked so much more effortless and confident.

He developed some touch by his senior year, to be fair. Someone else in the thread mentioned his throws to Alec Lemon over the middle that year. He had 50 or so catches, if I recall.

Exactly, I feel that Dino did show us what was possible again, he just couldn’t maintain it consistently through the entire season (2018 the exception). And that is where Fran comes in and trying to build on what Dino got us too. Dino left the program in better shape for Fran than when he started with from Shafer.
Leave a place better than it was when you started.

People can complain about Dino, but based on this very basic metric -- one in which I believe -- his tenure was a relatively successful one.

Wasn't as successful as anyone wanted, but there can't be an argument that the program is better now and was last year than when Shafer left.

Leave a place better than it was when you started.

People can complain about Dino, but based on this very basic metric -- one in which I believe -- his tenure was a relatively successful one.

Wasn't as successful as anyone wanted, but there can't be an argument that the program is better now and was last year than when Shafer left.

Dino couldn't keep the cupboards stocked with players fit-for-purpose on the depthchart and it was his downfall.

He definitely got some good players here and there, but any injuries to the starters and our #2's and 3's were not P4 caliber players in many cases... and we seemed to get a lot of injuries, which is why the mid-season collapses happened,

That was the best he could do and it was not good enough and not a capable P4 operation. He did leave enough in the cupboards to not make it a complete rebuild, but we needed an elite recruiter to do a big window to get back to even (and Wildhack got the best.)

Dino's persona also got tired by the end. He viewed the team as HIS team that he needed to protect from scrutiny by the media, the fans, and the public in general. The rift between ex-players and his regime has been discussed. The closed practices. The in-game management and clock issues that he never seemed to learn from. The meaningless coachspeak and lack of accountability in the pressers. The orchestrated separation of the team from the fans got really old. You need the fans engaged with what you do and he never really got that (or it was just not important in his view.)

He was otherwise a nice guy and got a good run of years here that he wouldn't have gotten with a lot of other programs, but it was well past time.

Fran is a complete 180 - engaging fans, ex-players, stamping accountability on everything with DART, and recruiting the cupboards full with better depth.

Dino couldn't keep the cupboards stocked with players fit-for-purpose on the depthchart and it was his downfall.

He definitely got some good players here and there, but any injuries to the starters and our #2's and 3's were not P4 caliber players in many cases... and we seemed to get a lot of injuries, which is why the mid-season collapses happened,

That was the best he could do and it was not good enough and not a capable P4 operation. He did leave enough in the cupboards to not make it a complete rebuild, but we needed an elite recruiter to do a big window to get back to even (and Wildhack got the best.)

Dino's persona also got tired by the end. He viewed the team as HIS team that he needed to protect from scrutiny by the media, the fans, and the public in general. The rift between ex-players and his regime has been discussed. The closed practices. The in-game management and clock issues that he never seemed to learn from. The meaningless coachspeak and lack of accountability in the pressers. The orchestrated separation of the team from the fans got really old. You need the fans engaged with what you do and he never really got that (or it was just not important in his view.)

He was otherwise a nice guy and got a good run of years here that he wouldn't have gotten with a lot of other programs, but it was well past time.

Fran is a complete 180 - engaging fans, ex-players, stamping accountability on everything with DART, and recruiting the cupboards full with better depth.
And a better S&C program

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom