NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Whoa. WHOA. Does the thread title changing just suddenly make this the new thread? I mean, there's a lot of appeal to starting fresh and stuff.

Whoa. WHOA. Does the thread title changing just suddenly make this the new thread? I mean, there's a lot of appeal to starting fresh and stuff.
I renamed it so it would apply to this season and people who have contributed will get the alerts.

I renamed it so it would apply to this season and people who have contributed will get the alerts.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

0-5 Giants? So what?
GIVE ME THE NBA, BABY!

Top three guys I'm following this year:
1. Carmelo (obviously)
2. KP (Go Knicks!)
3. Kawhi

Top three story lines:
1. Where does Bron sign?
2. Can Hou or OKC bump SAS from the #2 spot in the West.
3. Can Boston get to the Finals

One other thing: Does trusting the process pay off this year?

Last edited:

0-5 Giants? So what?
GIVE ME THE NBA, BABY!

1. Carmelo (obviously)
2. KP (Go Knicks!)
3. Kawhi

Top three story lines:
1. Where does Bron sign?

Question on #3 story line: conference or league finals? If the former, I’d say good chance. If the latter, I’d say no way, Jose (Calderon).

Question on #3 story line: conference or league finals? If the former, I’d say good chance. If the latter, I’d say no way, Jose (Calderon).

Agreed. I think Bron is going back for an 8th straight year. But I think Boston knocking them off the Eastern conference pedestal will be the ongoing storyline.

Agreed. I think Bron is going back for an 8th straight year. But I think Boston knocking them off the Eastern conference pedestal will be the ongoing storyline.
Boston is going to be the next East team after LeBron.

This year it’s Cleveland but with Irving/Hayward/Horford/Tatum/ Smart/Brown they will be a Finals team in the near future.
Boston is better this year than last year.
It’s just LeBron is better.

Ball not playing tonight against Sac. Starting to think this ducking Fox thing is real.

Boston is going to be the next East team after LeBron.

This year it’s Cleveland but with Irving/Hayward/Horford/Tatum/ Smart/Brown they will be a Finals team in the near future.
Boston is better this year than last year.
It’s just LeBron is better.

Cleveland is better than last year, too. Barring injuries and plane crash, I feel so good about the Cavs as we sit here today nine days before opening night (Boston at Cleveland, baby!) that, after 37 years in gambling recovery, I plunked down two hunge on the Cavs +500 to win it all.

Granted, we're talking exhibitions, but in the first two pre-season games, there was great ball movement, assists galore, Derrick Rose said he's never played on a team where there's so much spacing and ball movement. Wade, excellent pickup. Crowder, great pickup. If Isaiah can come back by January, as is being projected, he'll be another player who can score and create on his own.

Love Love at center, takes more advantage of his passing skills. Thompson coming off the bench is an upgrade. Korver and JR, great shooters and complementary players.

And then you have LeBron, who, as he starts his 15th season, still is the best in the game,

Great chemistry so far, one of team's black holes (who I love), Kyrie won't be stopping the crisp passing and flow to go iso. LeBro

Cleveland is better than last year, too. Barring injuries and plane crash, I feel so good about the Cavs as we sit here today nine days before opening night (Boston at Cleveland, baby!) that, after 37 years in gambling recovery, I plunked down two hunge on the Cavs +500 to win it all.

Granted, we're talking exhibitions, but in the first two pre-season games, there was great ball movement, assists galore, Derrick Rose said he's never played on a team where there's so much spacing and ball movement. Wade, excellent pickup. Crowder, great pickup. If Isaiah can come back by January, as is being projected, he'll be another player who can score and create on his own.

Love Love at center, takes more advantage of his passing skills. Thompson coming off the bench is an upgrade. Korver and JR, great shooters and complementary players.

And then you have LeBron, who, as he starts his 15th season, still is the best in the game,

Great chemistry so far, one of team's black holes (who I love), Kyrie won't be stopping the crisp passing and flow to go iso. LeBro
I think Crowder to Cleveland could show more of a net gain to anything that Boston can claim. I think the Celtics will have chemistry issues that will impact their regular season and possibly post season as well.

I think Crowder to Cleveland could show more of a net gain to anything that Boston can claim. I think the Celtics will have chemistry issues that will impact their regular season and possibly post season as well.
Crowder is a role player. Nice second unit guy but not anything special.

His defense has deteriorated. He is Robert Horry on a good team.

On Boston with Hayward and Irving the team is better. The East blows after Cleveland the Celtics are the best team.

Washington has no bench.
Toronto is slightly below.

Boston is the best bet to play the Cavs in the ECF.

So I’ll be that guy not sold on the Cavs being better. Wade and Rose are going to be two big minute guys that are over the hill and neither can shoot it. Not sure how playing Love at the 5 on defense helps once they play someone in the west.

[QUOTE="Fireball Jr., post: 2335603, member: 404"]Cleveland is better than last year, too. Barring injuries and plane crash, I feel so good about the Cavs as we sit here today nine days before opening night (Boston at Cleveland, baby!) that, after 37 years in gambling recovery, I plunked down two hunge on the Cavs +500 to win it all.

Great chemistry so far, one of team's black holes (who I love), Kyrie won't be stopping the crisp passing and flow to go iso. LeBro[/QUOTE]

I just can't buy this for a second. Kyrie has many faults, but the guy is a dynamite offensive player, one of the best in the league.

Is Rose their starting PG? He's really really bad. If IT was healthy, I could see this argument, because Crowder is a good role player, and IT and Kyrie probably isn't a huge difference (though the odds of IT repeating last year are slim).

So Philly just gave Embiid all the money.

That's...well, I've read the contract is complicated, maybe it's not as bad as it seems, but it sounds like a huge risk.
Yeah the article I saw said they could get cap relief in the case of injury and it's heavily incentive laden, but still.

Yeah the article I saw said they could get cap relief in the case of injury and it's heavily incentive laden, but still.

I'm gonna need to see the details on that, kind of interested to see how it plays out.

I'm gonna need to see the details on that, kind of interested to see how it plays out.
Yeah, like what do those variables mean for their cap space and salary burden?

Yeah, like what do those variables mean for their cap space and salary burden?

I think Woj said the only way they get relief is if they waive him or something. Zach lowe said he heard it was the most complicated contract ever or something.

And Bobby Marks said the Sixers can still have $40 million in cap space this summer.

Apparently I just repeat what I read on twitter. That's all I am now.

I think Woj said the only way they get relief is if they waive him or something. Zach lowe said he heard it was the most complicated contract ever or something.

And Bobby Marks said the Sixers can still have $40 million in cap space this summer.

Apparently I just repeat what I read on twitter. That's all I am now.
And even at that, you know more than I do.

The Knicks just announced they'll have a jersey advertisement. The rest of the league is surprised because it's SquareSpace and not Waste Management.

lonzo ball is the 2nd best passer in los angeles
2018 rookie of the year will be milos teodosic

0-5 Giants? So what?
GIVE ME THE NBA, BABY!

1. Carmelo (obviously)
2. KP (Go Knicks!)
3. Kawhi

Top three story lines:
1. Where does Bron sign?

I liked this post despite the complete lack of Giannis.

lonzo ball is the 2nd best passer in los angeles
2018 rookie of the year will be milos teodosic
As an added bonus, he also allows the use of this animated gif:

Dxya7Y.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online