NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Obviously the sample size is small and this accounts for more than just Melo, but OKC is 10 points better defensively when Melo is on the bench this season.

Probably far too early to really make any declarations about his defense regardless though. He is off to a nice start overall.

Yeah, that’s why I said “hot take”. Maybe “scorching, sizzling take” would’ve been more accurate?

Don’t look now, but Cleveland was blasted again. Yikes.
The guard defense Cleveland is playing is just flat bad.
Plus Crowder regressed defensively and I couldn’t believe the media just ignored it when it was in plain site last year in Boston.

Plus Crowder regressed defensively and I couldn’t believe the media just ignored it when it was in plain site last year in Boston.
pretty sure the cavs plan, or at least lebrons...is just get the 8 seed and roll through the playoffs anyway.

maybe Kyrie in NYC wasn't such a bad thing...

They messed up by starting Wade at the beginning of the year.

With that said, I still don't think it will matter. They can get the 6 seed and still roll.

pretty sure the cavs plan, or at least lebrons...is just get the 8 seed and roll through the playoffs anyway.

maybe Kyrie in NYC wasn't such a bad thing...
I still would bet on the Cavs in the playoffs but man there defense sucks.
Isaiah isn’t going to help them defensively either. He will help them offensively for sure but Rose is cooked.
Wade is saving himself. Shumpert and Smith aren’t doing well.

Cavs can’t play D right now. They need a young guard to defend.

Obviously the sample size is small and this accounts for more than just Melo, but OKC is 10 points better defensively when Melo is on the bench this season.

Probably far too early to really make any declarations about his defense regardless though. He is off to a nice start overall.
so, when some of the teams' other starters are on the bench, the Rockets play more effective defense?

Has there ever been an MVP not make the hall of fame? At least since the merger?

Totally going off the top of my head; I would say no. Walton is in, though if it was purely an NBA HOF, he probably doesn't make the cut, right?

Looking it up, scanning the list, maybe Bob McAdoo is a borderline choice, but he's in. Really, if you assume Nash goes in (he's going in), all the MVP for like the last 40 years are no brainer HOF.

Just so I'm clear, Rose was a really good player. I don't think he deserved his MVP, but he was a legit all star type player. Injuries have just robbed him.

Last edited:
Alright the music is absolutely out of control in this Spurs-GS game. I know that music playing during play has been a thing for a good 20 years now, but not like this! It just plays non stop when the Spurs have the ball, even after the ball goes out of bounds and it’s a dead ball. For like an entire minute at a time! It’s too much.

Incredibly annoying.

Alright the music is absolutely out of control in this Spurs-GS game. I know that music playing during play has been a thing for a good 20 years now, but not like this! It just plays non stop when the Spurs have the ball, even after the ball goes out of bounds and it’s a dead ball. For like an entire minute at a time! It’s too much.

Incredibly annoying.
The only music should be help the fans chant defense.
Spurs fanbase isn’t loud so their PA does this hokey dokey music almost every possession.

Celts are the real deal. Love it!
giphy.gif

Did anyone see the block on one end dunk on the other end sequence by KP last night? I love him

Is the starting east all star team, right now:

KP, Giannis, Bron, Kyrie and Oladipo?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom