NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

I was much more excited about picking Tatum than I was Jaylen Brown last year. Both are playing well. Can't believe the steak the Celts have gone on after losing Gordon.
Gordon "Wally Pipp" Hayward?

Greg Monroe and a first round pick for Eric Bledsoe.

Kinda good value for Milwaukee.

They are thinner up front now though.

LETS ING GOOOOOOOOOOO

This is the exact trade I've been hoping for the whole time.

Greg Monroe and a first round pick for Eric Bledsoe.

Kinda good value for Milwaukee.

They are thinner up front now though.

I'm sure he would have eventually turned it around, but Monroe's been ungodly terrible this season and is also now out for a few weeks with an injury. He was already losing playing time to the equally bad Henson/Thon.

Bucks should be trying to throw together a move for another center like a Robin Lopez or something, but they desperately needed a guy that can create something out of nothing and Bledsoe absolutely fills that bill. The quartet of Bledsoe-Brogdon-Middleton-Giannis is really strong, and this could potentially mean more small ball minutes of Bledsoe-Brogdon-Snell-Middleton-Giannis.

An unprotected first pick is scary though if something happened to Giannis.
Phoenix GM is scummy so I am glad he got little.
Suns fans are stuck with the process 2.0 in the stacked Western conference.

An unprotected first pick is scary though if something happened to Giannis.
Phoenix GM is scummy so I am glad he got little.
Suns fans are stuck with the process 2.0 in the stacked Western conference.

Assuming the pick is indeed unprotected, I'm not all that scared honestly. Even if Giannis were to get hurt, a Bledsoe-Brogdon-Middleton trio with Snell and eventually Jabari is probably enough to stay in the playoff race in the East.

I expect Delly to be the next to go in a move for a big man. Currently being paid $9 mil to be our #3 PG now.

Assuming the pick is indeed unprotected, I'm not all that scared honestly. Even if Giannis were to get hurt, a Bledsoe-Brogdon-Middleton trio with Snell and eventually Jabari is probably enough to stay in the playoff race in the East.
Bucks I do believe are the 4th best(Cleveland-Boston-Washington) team in the East. So it’s smart to get Bledsoe now.
Toronto is 5th IMO.

Brogdon can concentrate more on defense with Bledsoe on offense.

It's a lottery protected 1st, possibly in a future year. Let's gooooooooo

Bucks I do believe are the 4th best(Cleveland-Boston-Washington) team in the East. So it’s smart to get Bledsoe now.
Toronto is 5th IMO.

Brogdon can concentrate more on defense with Bledsoe on offense.

Same with Middleton. Less stress on Middleton trying to create off the dribble; more spotting up/curling off screens and more defense.

Unfortunately our defensive scheme and rebounding are still poop though.

Edit: Hoping to see something like Delly + Henson/Teletovic + maybe a pick for a guy like Tristan Thompson, Nerlens Noel, maybe Bismack Biyombo if we strike out on other options.

Last edited:
So if I'm reading Woj correctly, Suns get the Bucks first rounder in...

2018: if it's 11-16
2019: 4-16
2020: 8-30
2021: Unprotected

So likely it conveys in 2020.

Apparently Bucks twitter HATES Kidd as a coach.

Oh it's not just Twitter haha. Bucks fans in general want him gone; currently in talks to put up a billboard calling for his firing right now.

I do think his defensive scheme (really his assistant's since Kidd does roughly 0% of the offensive/defensive play designs) is nearly impossible to execute correctly long-term; I wouldn't mind a new coach at all.

But Giannis supposedly loves Kidd, and Kidd's done a really nice job developing some of the young guys.

Oh it's not just Twitter haha. Bucks fans in general want him gone; currently in talks to put up a billboard calling for his firing right now.

I do think his defensive scheme (really his assistant's since Kidd does roughly 0% of the offensive/defensive play designs) is nearly impossible to execute correctly long-term; I wouldn't mind a new coach at all.

But Giannis supposedly loves Kidd, and Kidd's done a really nice job developing some of the young guys.

you're the only bucks fan i know that i don't hear from via twitter!

Kind of a catch 22 if Giannis is so fond of Kidd.

Cavs givin' 5 at home to the Bucks, Cavs win by 5. How do these oddsmakers so consistently do it?

Kristaps is a monster.

I'm so happy the Knicks are competitive.

I'm trying to figure out how any games until I am totally convinced he's just a complete and utter stud.

Fun stat I saw last night on twitter; Derrick Rose has played 188 minutes this year, and has 12 assists. 12!!! He has 19 turnovers and 12 assists. I don't think it's a total coincidence that KP is blossoming with Rose and Melo off the roster. Especially Rose.

The following is just a small list of players averaging more assists per 100 possessions than Rose this year:

Robin Lopez
Doug McDermott
Brook Lopez
Epke Udoh
Andre Drummond
Damonta Sabonis

Did I mention I don't like Derrick Rose?

you're the only bucks fan i know that i don't hear from via twitter!

Kind of a catch 22 if Giannis is so fond of Kidd.

Yeah.

Another big reason people want him gone is because they view Kidd as basically representing cronyism; he's good friends with one of the owners (I believe he was in the owner's wedding or vice versa) and fans want a more traditional chain of command. They think (and it's possible that it's true) that Kidd's opinion takes precedence over the GM when it comes to personnel moves.

I think it's possible that Kidd is our Scott Brooks/Mark Jackson: the right guy to develop the team but not the right guy to take them over the top. Milwaukee also has a ton of Greek/Australian fans, and due to them following European ball more than the average fan, a lot of them want to hire that Messina guy that I believe is an assistant for the Spurs and was a legendary coach in Europe.

Edit: And consider this regarding Kidd's defensive scheme:

Bucks starters:
Malcolm Brogdon - good defender
Tony Snell - good defender
Khris Middleton - good defender
Giannis Antetokoumpo - good defender
John Henson - good defender

The Bucks are the 2nd worst defensive team in the NBA, only behind the Cavs.

Last edited:
Time for Kyrie to take Lonzo to class

Yeah.

Another big reason people want him gone is because they view Kidd as basically representing cronyism; he's good friends with one of the owners (I believe he was in the owner's wedding or vice versa) and fans want a more traditional chain of command. They think (and it's possible that it's true) that Kidd's opinion takes precedence over the GM when it comes to personnel moves.

I think it's possible that Kidd is our Scott Brooks/Mark Jackson: the right guy to develop the team but not the right guy to take them over the top. Milwaukee also has a ton of Greek/Australian fans, and due to them following European ball more than the average fan, a lot of them want to hire that Messina guy that I believe is an assistant for the Spurs and was a legendary coach in Europe.

Edit: And consider this regarding Kidd's defensive scheme:

Bucks starters:
Malcolm Brogdon - good defender
Tony Snell - good defender
Khris Middleton - good defender
Giannis Antetokoumpo - good defender
John Henson - good defender

The Bucks are the 2nd worst defensive team in the NBA, only behind the Cavs.

Right, I was listening to a podcast this morning, and they mentioned the Bucks defensive rating, I couldn't believe it. (I guess another take is maybe those guys aren't all good defenders, I dunno though, they seem to be to me). It's early in the season, but they were 19th last year and 23rd the year before that.

So is Kyrie a sub par defender or was he just lazy in Cleveland?
His defense has been really solid.

Scored some sweet Tix to Celts vs Lakers tonight. IMG_20171108_185937603.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom