NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

So is Kyrie a sub par defender or was he just lazy in Cleveland?
His defense has been really solid.

He’s on a team with a bunch of good defenders and a good defensive coach. I think that’s a big part of it.

Possible that some of it was laziness because he’s certainly got the physical tools to play D.

He’s on a team with a bunch of good defenders and a good defensive coach. I think that’s a big part of it.

Possible that some of it was laziness because he’s certainly got the physical tools to play D.

I think a lot of it is Kyrie heard all the criticism and he's really wanting to prove people wrong, so the defensive effort is really high right now.

Celtics making me look really bad so far in the season. Quite the impressive start.

Celtics are going to be very scary if Rozier and Smart can find consistency in that second unit. Everybody’s looking good. Love the addition of the German Rookie. He’s much better than Jerebko in my opinion. I do miss Jerebko’s grit though.

Celtics are going to be very scary if Rozier and Smart can find consistency in that second unit. Everybody’s looking good. Love the addition of the German Rookie. He’s much better than Jerebko in my opinion. I do miss Jerebko’s grit though.

Rozier is so talented. Pure scorer but he's way more Scrappy on defense than I expected.

I think a lot of it is Kyrie heard all the criticism and he's really wanting to prove people wrong, so the defensive effort is really high right now.

Celtics making me look really bad so far in the season. Quite the impressive start.

I watched Kyrie just about every game he played alongside LeBron and I always felt Kyrie was a way better defender than he got credit for. He just seemed to save his A game for when it matters most, the post-season.

Meanwhile, I'm jacked for Cavs at Houston tonight. Could be a good one -- or could be a blowout. A key is Love, would be nice to see him be the stud he was Tuesday against the Bucks.

He’s absolutely perfect to complement Smart and Brown. Danny’s building a monster.

Danny was sitting just on the other side of the basketball hoop stanchion from Cora. So cool to see all the "celebs" at the game. He was totally into it.

He’s absolutely perfect to complement Smart and Brown. Danny’s building a monster.
The Celtics played the second half without Tatum, Horford, and Hayward and still had enough depth to be a solid team.

What Ainge has done post-KG/Pierce is just amazing when you look at a good fanbase like the Knicks and seen what they have gone thru.

Danny was sitting just on the other side of the basketball hoop stanchion from Cora. So cool to see all the "celebs" at the game. He was totally into it.
Thats great, really glad you guys were able to catch a Lakers Celtics matchup

The Celtics played the second half without Tatum, Horford, and Hayward and still had enough depth to be a solid team.

What Ainge has done post-KG/Pierce is just amazing when you look at a good fanbase like the Knicks and seen what they have gone thru.

Did they say why Tatum didn't play? He had a sweet steal and then dunk in the first half. He's going to be good. Ingram for the Lakers is nice.

Sad to see Ennis not play at all.

Here's the weird thing about Ball I never noticed before. During the shoot around I noticed his form on 3-pointers looked almost fine. Then during the game he went back to that off to the left side weirdness he does. They are working on it, but it's going to be some time.

Also, as great as Kyrie is, and seeing that in person is amazing, his three pointer isn't good. Not sure if his legs were tired or what, but I don't think he hit one last night, and they weren't all that close.

Did they say why Tatum didn't play? He had a sweet steal and then dunk in the first half. He's going to be good. Ingram for the Lakers is nice.

Here's the weird thing about Ball I never noticed before. During the shoot around I noticed his form on 3-pointers looked almost fine. Then during the game he went back to that off to the left side weirdness he does. They are working on it, but it's going to be some time.

Also, as great as Kyrie is, and seeing that in person is amazing, his three pointer isn't good. Not sure if his legs were tired or what, but I don't think he hit one last night, and they weren't all that close.
Tatum had a sore ankle so the team precautionly sat him out in the 2nd half.

BTW last night was the first time I watched an entire Lakers game but Ball scares me. His jump shot is awful.

He didn’t look like the 2nd pick. Kuzma looks like the way better NBA player as a rookie.

BTW last night was the first time I watched an entire Lakers game but Ball scares me. His jump shot is awful.

He didn’t look like the 2nd pick. Kuzma looks like the way better NBA player as a rookie.

I’m getting irritated with a few things Walton is doing:

1. Lonzo shoots too much.
2. Too much democracy on offense. Give Ingram the ball. Too many guys shooting too much, with the studs often shooting too little.
3. Randle playing 18 mpg. He’s been the best/2nd best player on the team. Corey Brewer and Josh Hart are out there...why? Lopez only getting 24 mpg.

I still don’t quite understand why Caldwell-pope isnt averaging over 15 a game.

I’m getting irritated with a few things Walton is doing:

1. Lonzo shoots too much.
2. Too much democracy on offense. Give Ingram the ball. Too many guys shooting too much, with the studs often shooting too little.
3. Randle playing 18 mpg. He’s been the best/2nd best player on the team. Corey Brewer and Josh Hart are out there...why? Lopez only getting 24 mpg.
Randle was the best player on the Lakers last night. All energy all game long.

Lonzo’a minutes need to be cut a little. As the Celtics had their entire bench on the floor in the 3rd and the Lakers had momentum and went 5 possessions in a row without scoring because Lonzo kept shooting.
Lonzo reminds me of Rajon Rondo.

He needs to develop a better floater.
His passing is A+.
His motor is a little below average.

Randle-Kuzma-Lopez are the Lakers best frontline.
Ingram needs to look at Jaylen Brown put on some weight and be a hybrid SG-SF.

I still don’t quite understand why Caldwell-pope isnt averaging over 15 a game.

He was extremely unimpressive last night.

Lopez and Bogut combined are about 2/3rds of a player right now. Both labor up and down the court. Don't know if they are both hurt or just done.

Randle was the best player on the Lakers last night. All energy all game long.

Lonzo’a minutes need to be cut a little. As the Celtics had their entire bench on the floor in the 3rd and the Lakers had momentum and went 5 possessions in a row without scoring because Lonzo kept shooting.
Lonzo reminds me of Rajon Rondo.

He needs to develop a better floater.
His passing is A+.
His motor is a little below average.

Randle-Kuzma-Lopez are the Lakers best frontline.
Ingram needs to look at Jaylen Brown put on some weight and be a hybrid SG-SF.

Lonzo scores best by pushing the ball. That should be his focus. And then passing, then driving and dishing, and somewhere about 5 steps beyond there, shooting the ball.

He seemed to tweak his ankle. You could tell he had a little bit of a limp when he was going to take free throws at some point in the game.

Last edited:
And yeah, I'm confused about what Walton is doing with Randle. I suppose maybe they're just not trying to win this season and they know Randle isn't in their long-term plans, but he's probably been their best player this season. If they want to win games, he's earned a much larger role than he's currently filling. I've never been high on him in the past, but he's been great this season.

And yeah, I'm confused about what Walton is doing with Randle. I suppose maybe they're just not trying to win this season and they know Randle isn't in their long-term plans, but he's probably been their best player this season. If they want to win games, he's earned a much larger role than he's currently filling. I've never been high on him in the past, but he's been great this season.

They will be able to afford two max contracts if they don’t keep Randle after this year. If they’re going to gamble on being able to actually sign a couple studs this time, then it seems it would be best to trade him rather than lose him for nothing.

Seems to me that letting him play and put up numbers would do more for his trade value.

Personally I like him a lot and would be fine with giving him reasonably big money and never mind trying for two max guys that we might not even get. I think he’s improved a lot each season and is becoming a well rounded, good player. He’s playing D now, has always rebounded, right hand is much better, can score by bullying smaller guys inside or going by a lot of PFs off the dribble, can handle it and pass it reasonably well. I like him.

Lonzo scores best by pushing the ball. That should be his focus. And then passing, then driving and dishing, and somewhere about 5 steps beyond there, shooting the ball.

Blows my mind that his dad had the nerve to give Lonzo’s coaches some trouble in high school. It seems like the coach’s comeback is incredibly simple...”if you’re the one who taught this kid how to shoot, you’re not qualified to coach 5 year olds. and go away.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom