NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Well there's talks they can land a superstar this year in addition to Paul

Would have to be via trade. They're scrambling to find enough salary to send to LA so they can stay above the salary cap.

This is not enough to challenge the Warriors. They would need to add George, and I don't see how they have the pieces with this trade done. Melo is a one way player which would not help them in the playoffs, but would likely help them solidify a two spot in the west, for whatever that is worth.

Paul Milsap signing there make it close. He's the most underrated player in the game.

I mean, Paul said he was going to leave as a FA, so they did they best they could.
They helped a rival and got very little .
I get it's better than nothing but it's 20 cents on the dollar. Better than nothing though.

Rockets think they can get Paul George for Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, and Clint Capela.

They helped a rival and got very little .
I get it's better than nothing but it's 20 cents on the dollar. Better than nothing though.

I don't think helping a rival is really an issue now, i doubt they're going to be a big time playoff contender now

Doc got a Patrick Beverly pupu platter for CP3.

Not sure why you think it's so bad. Beverly and Lou Will are legit rotation guys and Beverly is an elite defender.

Dekker had some solid moments and they got a first.

CP3 was walking anyway. Now they can package assets, hold, etc.

Not that West was involved, but they aren't bringing in Jerry West to just keep running back CP3, Blake and DJ.

I'd be more concerned with how CP3 and Harden are going to handle the ball. They both like the rock in their hand.

Harden will take a swing at CP3 by the all-star break.

Market down.

Yeah, I'm really wondering what's going to happen the first time Harden blows a defensive assignment or gives up on a rotation and CP3 absolutely tears him a new one.

This is the most Morey trade ever.

Screw chemistry. Screw compatibility.

ADVANCED STAAAAAAAAAAATS

seems to sort of be working though doesnt it? they've made it to the conference finals two years ago and won 55 games this year. not bad considering they have really 1 star player.

there is literally nothing Morey could have done to have them defeat golden state the last three years. they've done alot more with the talent than most teams would have.

seems to sort of be working though doesnt it? they've made it to the conference finals two years ago and won 55 games this year. not bad considering they have really 1 star player.

there is literally nothing Morey could have done to have them defeat golden state the last three years. they've done alot more with the talent than most teams would have.
Oh sure, they've done just fine.

They're weird though. They quit in the middle of games. They didn't want to be in the playoffs two seasons ago. Maybe Paul's force of personality gives them heart.

Oh sure, they've done just fine.

They're weird though. They quit in the middle of games. They didn't want to be in the playoffs two seasons ago. Maybe Paul's force of personality gives them heart.

2016 you mean?
Zach Lowe in his story today talks about the series they played in 2015, where the Clippers blew a 3-1 lead (MEME ALERT) to the Rockets, as the point where t he Clipper run was basically over. Wonder how different everything plays out if they at least hold onto that lead and make the west finals

Not sure why you think it's so bad. Beverly and Lou Will are legit rotation guys and Beverly is an elite defender.

Dekker had some solid moments and they got a first.

CP3 was walking anyway. Now they can package assets, hold, etc.

Not that West was involved, but they aren't bringing in Jerry West to just keep running back CP3, Blake and DJ.

I'd be more concerned with how CP3 and Harden are going to handle the ball. They both like the rock in their hand.
It's not as bad now considering the Clippers are also getting Harrell and three other players (including Wiltjer) they may or may not decide to keep. And cash!

The big issue for the Clips now is Doc Rivers (and his son).

LeBron is leaving Cleveland after next year.

DDQZ_uNXYAEsdMx.jpg:large

I believe LeBron is leaving, but I don't buy that trade proposal for a minute.
Eric Bledsoe and Paul George for Kyrie Irving is a fair and realistic deal.

Bledsoe is above average PG and Paul George is a top 10 player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom