NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Fear not, before you get Holiday in a lopsided trade you'll be able to enjoy handing George Hill and his chronically distressed big toe a fatty contract while he ages into irrelevance.
as long as they raise ticket prices as well, that sounds like a HOME RUN!!

Do you believe that? Seems like every time Boston fails to make a trade, we then hear about how great their offer was
You actually believe Ainge wouldn't give up one of their own first round picks plus the Memphis, Clippers picks and Bradley/Crowder?

That was the offer and it's not a great offer but it's better than Oladipo's awful contract and Sabonis with no picks.

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards Hayward staying after the Rubio trade. There's a plan in Boston, but it definitely doesn't look to be happening as it's written up.

Who would you rather play with - an ace distributor and the best defensive center in the world, or a diminutive guard that averages 30 points with soft bigs?
Utah isn't going to win in the West.

If Hayward wants to win the East is the place to go.
Golden State, Houston, San Antonio, Oklahoma City are all better than Utah.

Utah needs to hope Hayward just doesn't want to uproot.

Minnesota is trying to win now trading Ricky Rubio to overpay Jeff Teague should tell you about Rubio.

Utah didn't want to overpay George Hill but Rubio is nothing special.

I think Hayward is coming East.

Utah isn't going to win in the West.

If Hayward wants to win the East is the place to go.
Golden State, Houston, San Antonio, Oklahoma City are all better than Utah.

Utah needs to hope Hayward just doesn't want to uproot.
It's cool, I know you're sweating now. The pressure is really on Boston to not strike out this off-season.

as long as they raise ticket prices as well, that sounds like a HOME RUN!!
Expensive seats and a crappy team. Knicks fans are lucky, usually you can only get one, not both.

It's cool, I know you're sweating now. The pressure is really on Boston to not strike out this off-season.
Not really sweating the next year is pointless. Golden State and Cleveland are winning their conferences. I didn't want to overpay for Paul George rental. Ainge didn't. Paul George is going to LA next year.

Hayward is just using the cap space they have now instead of using it on Galnari or Reddick.

Celtics have a great future with Jaylen Brown, Terry Rozier, Jayson Tatum and another top pick from Brooklyn who has gotten worse thus far from the worst team in the league and a Lakers top 5 pick next year or Kings pick in 2 years.

Plus other picks. Celtics are fine.

You actually believe Ainge wouldn't give up one of their own first round picks plus the Memphis, Clippers picks and Bradley/Crowder?

That was the offer and it's not a great offer but it's better than Oladipo's awful contract and Sabonis with no picks.

I don't necessarily believe whatever the Celtics leak to make themselves look good after they struck out again, no.

I don't necessarily believe whatever the Celtics leak to make themselves look good after they struck out again, no.
I'm curious if the Celtics are trying to pitch Hayward on playing the 2 or what long term. Maybe Bradley isn't in the long term plans? They've got Crowder, Tatum, and Brown all at the three. Sure, they could trade Crowder, but what's the return if Hayward's in the fold? Teams would know the Celtics have to move Crowder so his value drops.

Ainge may have overplayed his hand.

It's pretty obvious what Ainge wouldn't give up for George.
Tatum/Brown/2018 Brooklyn pick/LakersorKings pick.

The offer was those other picks and Crowder and one of Bradley/Smart.

Prichard probably loved Oladipo more than the players the Celtics offered.

I'm curious if the Celtics are trying to pitch Hayward on playing the 2 or what long term. Maybe Bradley isn't in the long term plans? They've got Crowder, Tatum, and Brown all at the three. Sure, they could trade Crowder, but what's the return if Hayward's in the fold? Teams would know the Celtics have to move Crowder so his value drops.

Ainge may have overplayed his hand.
Crowder could get moved in a minute.
3 years left at 7 million per year. He would fetch a pick easily.
Jaylen Brown can play 2 thru 4.
Tatum is being groomed to be a stretch undersized 4.
Hayward would be the SF.

Bovada still has Boston as the betting favorite. If Utah fans feel there is great value at +150 if they think Hayward is staying.

Crowder could get moved in a minute.
3 years left at 7 million per year. He would fetch a pick easily.
Jaylen Brown can play 2 thru 4.
Tatum is being groomed to be a stretch undersized 4.
Hayward would be the SF.

Bovada still has Boston as the betting favorite. If Utah fans feel there is great value at +150 if they think Hayward is staying.
Crowder can get the Celtics a pick?

What does a pick do for the Celtics at this point?

MOAR ASSETS!!!!!

I'm tolling Boston a little here, but just think about the huge cupboard of assets they had. Even if they get Hayward, which is far from a lock, is that really what you were shooting for? And I know they have the Nets pick next year, and it's too early to close the book on them or anything, just saying.

If they get Hayward then moving Crowder is an obvious move. The pick would just be an asset to get Crowder out.

MOAR ASSETS!!!!!

I'm tolling Boston a little here, but just think about the huge cupboard of assets they had. Even if they get Hayward, which is far from a lock, is that really what you were shooting for? And I know they have the Nets pick next year, and it's too early to close the book on them or anything, just saying.
I think they are waiting for Anthony Davis to become available. If he becomes fed up in NOLA then Boston would have the mix of young players and picks to get Davis.

I think they are waiting for Anthony Davis to become available. If he becomes fed up in NOLA then Boston would have the mix of young players and picks to get Davis.
Gordon, come to Boston where you can wait to see if we can pry Ant Davis out of Nola in two years!

If Hayward goes to Boston at this point it's for reasons other than being impressed with how the Celtics front office is handling things right now. It'd be hilarious if the rest of the NBA just sticks Boston with all those picks.

I'll say this - among the Utah media (yeah, I know) earlier this week the chatter was they think Gordon's gone. Starting Thursday the tune changed a bit. It's not a sure thing, but confidence has been going up.

Gordon, come to Boston where you can wait to see if we can pry Ant Davis out of Nola in two years!

If Hayward goes to Boston at this point it's for reasons other than being impressed with how the Celtics front office is handling things right now. It'd be hilarious if the rest of the NBA just sticks Boston with all those picks.

I'll say this - among the Utah media (yeah, I know) earlier this week the chatter was they think Gordon's gone. Starting Thursday the tune changed a bit. It's not a sure thing, but confidence has been going up.
Without Anthony Davis the Celtics went to the ECF last year. Utah isn't getting close to the conference finals.

I think the pitch is come East and compete with Cleveland this year then if LeBron goes West next year Boston becomes a favorite out East. Plus with all our assets when studs are available for more than a rental we have the assets to get them. If Paul George wasn't a rental I think Boston pays for him. To keep George with an extension and sign Hayward the Celtics would have had to move one of Tatum/Brown/Thomas contracts off their books to fit their contracts. Boston couldn't afford to sign George to an extension this offseason so the trade would have been a 1 year experiment thus Ainge wouldn't give up real assets.

Miami may be a bigger threat than Utah. If Hayward stays he isn't staying for the money he is staying because he likely doesn't want to
Uproot across the country.

Without Anthony Davis the Celtics went to the ECF last year. Utah isn't getting close to the conference finals.

I think the pitch is come East and compete with Cleveland this year then if LeBron goes West next year Boston becomes a favorite out East. Plus with all our assets when studs are available for more than a rental we have the assets to get them. If Paul George wasn't a rental I think Boston pays for him. To keep George with an extension and sign Hayward the Celtics would have had to move one of Tatum/Brown/Thomas contracts off their books to fit their contracts. Boston couldn't afford to sign George to an extension this offseason so the trade would have been a 1 year experiment thus Ainge wouldn't give up real assets.

Miami may be a bigger threat than Utah. If Hayward stays he isn't staying for the money he is staying because he likely doesn't want to

Like Jimmy Butler?

Zach Lowe has made this point, but with every day t hose assets become less valuable. Jaylen Brown had an ok year, but he as an asset doesn't sound as good as "a top 3 pick", especially since he just used up a year of service time. Jayson Tatum looks like a decent prospect, but I'm not sure he's the guy anchoring a package for Anthony Davis.

Anthony Davis is under contract for 4 more years and the Pellies just made a huge outlay to Holiday; when exactly is he going to become available?

I think the coolest scenario is that now that he's got a ring Durant throws a huge curveball and heads East to join the Celtics.

Not going to happen, but it would be awesome.

Like Jimmy Butler?

Zach Lowe has made this point, but with every day t hose assets become less valuable. Jaylen Brown had an ok year, but he as an asset doesn't sound as good as "a top 3 pick", especially since he just used up a year of service time. Jayson Tatum looks like a decent prospect, but I'm not sure he's the guy anchoring a package for Anthony Davis.

Anthony Davis is under contract for 4 more years and the Pellies just made a huge outlay to Holiday; when exactly is he going to become available?
I'm telling you, it's a hot summer in Beantown, and getting hotter.

Like Jimmy Butler?

Anthony Davis is under contract for 4 more years; when exactly is he going to become available?
Jaylen Brown played 16 MPG and impressed me a lot. I hated the pick last year. He looks like a real player.

I honestly didn't want Butler if they can get Hayward. I just didn't like the player.

Brown seems a like a player who could become a lot better than I thought. He made 2nd team all rookie with that PT which wasn't a lot.

The assets aren't less valuable these kids are 19 and 20. Plus the Nets pick next year will likely be top 5 with how crappy the Nets currently are.
If the Lakers add nobody that pick could be top 5 if not the Kings the following year are another lottery pick. The assets aren't close to their rookie deals expiring they have value.

Jaylen Brown played 16 MPG and impressed me a lot. I hated the pick last year. He looks like a real player.

I honestly didn't want Butler if they can get Hayward. I just didn't like the player.

Brown seems a like a player who could become a lot better than I thought. He made 2nd team all rookie with that PT which wasn't a lot.

The assets aren't less valuable these kids are 19 and 20. Plus the Nets pick next year will likely be top 5 with how crappy the Nets currently are.
If the Lakers add nobody that pick could be top 5 if not the Kings the following year are another lottery pick. The assets aren't close to their rookie deals expiring they have value.

I didn't say they don't have value, but every day that goes by they are one day closer to free agency, and none of them look like stars. That's all.

Jimmy Butler is awesome. Could they not have added both Butler and Hayward? (Fwiw, I think Butler is a better option than Hayward)

I didn't say they don't have value, but every day that goes by they are one day closer to free agency, and none of them look like stars. That's all.

Jimmy Butler is awesome. Could they not have added both Butler and Hayward? (Fwiw, I think Butler is a better option than Hayward)
Butler isn't a guy I cash in great assets for.
Him and Wiggins play the same position it will be interesting to see how they play together.

I don't trade the 3rd pick, and Jaylen Brown for Jimmy Butler. Maybe one of them but not both.

Butler isn't a guy I cash in great assets for.
Him and Wiggins play the same position it will be interesting to see how they play together.

I don't trade the 3rd pick, and Jaylen Brown for Jimmy Butler. Maybe one of them but not both.

I just think that's crazy talk. But if you want to keep waiting for Anthony Davis, knock yourself out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom