NBA 2018-2019 | Page 116 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Looked like games 5 and 6 down the stretch against Houston. The Warriors best is just too good.

Iguodala was absolutely MAULING Lillard there. I think he was TRYING to foul so he couldn’t get the 3 off. How do you not call that?

Portland last 4 minutes
tenor.gif

They completely stopped playing basketball...they just kept trying to get fouls called.

So next yearr GSW loses KD, maxes Klay, gets an in-shape playing for a new contract Green, maybe Boogie again, some new veteran role pieces and the hope that Kawhi stays East, and wrap this run the way they started.

So next yearr GSW loses KD, maxes Klay, gets an in-shape playing for a new contract Green, maybe Boogie again, some new veteran role pieces and the hope that Kawhi stays East, and wrap this run the way they started.
Milwaukee can beat Golden State this year without Durant.
I am not overreacting to these wins over the Blazers.

Golden State played the Western Conference Finals last round and are playing the Western Conference Semifinals against Portland.

Milwaukee will have homecourt advantage over the Warriors. Even the Raptors would have HCA over the Warriors.
The Warriors without Durant are vulnerable against a top team. They were able to win that game 6 in Houston without him which was on a 31 point second half from Steph and the Rockets playing tight and their offense going cold.

I don’t think the Warriors will win it all this year if Durant doesn’t comeback.

Golden State played the Western Conference Finals last round and are playing the Western Conference Semifinals against Portland.

Milwaukee will have homecourt advantage over the Warriors. Even the Raptors would have HCA over the Warriors.
The Warriors without Durant are vulnerable against a top team. They were able to win that game 6 in Houston without him which was on a 31 point second half from Steph and the Rockets playing tight and their offense going cold.

I don’t think the Warriors will win it all this year if Durant doesn’t comeback.

Vulnerable, yes, but I think we are kidding ourselves if it would be easy for Milwaukee or Toronto. I think it would be a 50/50 series.

Biggest wildcard in all of this that makes me start to switch from my stance that they couldn't win a title without Durant is how much Green has stepped up his play lately. He's borderline dominant with how active he is on defense and then how he just destroys team out of that pick and roll always making the right decision in the 4 on 3 when they double Steph.

Portland had that game last night and then just had a rough combination of poor play and tough breaks. CJ went cold, their defense seemed like the moment got too big for them with the easy looks they were giving up, GSW crushed them with the second chance opportunities and then they got a road whistle in the 4th which is to be expected.

Vulnerable, yes, but I think we are kidding ourselves if it would be easy for Milwaukee or Toronto. I think it would be a 50/50 series.
If the Warriors didn’t have Durant the entire Rockets series I don’t know if they win it.
Games 1 and 2 were won by Durant destroying the Rockets switch on the P and R in the last 5 minutes.

Milwaukee could get tight but without Durant IMO would be the favorite.

Biggest wildcard in all of this that makes me start to switch from my stance that they couldn't win a title without Durant is how much Green has stepped up his play lately. He's borderline dominant with how active he is on defense and then how he just destroys team out of that pick and roll always making the right decision in the 4 on 3 when they double Steph.

Portland had that game last night and then just had a rough combination of poor play and tough breaks. CJ went cold, their defense seemed like the moment got too big for them with the easy looks they were giving up, GSW crushed them with the second chance opportunities and then they got a road whistle in the 4th which is to be expected.
Mark Stein is reporting Draymond Green has lost 25 pounds since February.

He has been good no doubt I just think the Blazers are completely in over their heads this series like Boston against Cleveland 2 years. The Cavs won in the series in 5 games and while they lost a game it was a fluke.

If the Warriors didn’t have Durant the entire Rockets series I don’t know if they win it.
Games 1 and 2 were won by Durant destroying the Rockets switch on the P and R in the last 5 minutes.

Milwaukee could get tight but without Durant IMO would be the favorite.

I disagree with that. They won in Houston without KD and lost with him. I think Durant is a bit of a ball stopper for Golden State. Klay and Curry are completely different players without him on the court. Durant makes things better for them long term, but Curry and Klay overall are better than Harden and Paul.

Mark Stein is reporting Draymond Green has lost 25 pounds since February.

He has been good no doubt I just think the Blazers are completely in over their heads this series like Boston against Cleveland 2 years. The Cavs won in the series in 5 games and while they lost a game it was a fluke.

It's cliche but I feel like last night was one they kinda had to grab if they wanted to win the series. It was there for the taking and they just didn't close it out.

I think Golden State should still be decent favorites against either team in the East with or without Durant honestly.

It's cliche but I feel like last night was one they kinda had to grab if they wanted to win the series. It was there for the taking and they just didn't close it out.

Portland has never had a shot in this series IMO. Golden State has the advantage at all five spots in the starting lineup IMO.

I disagree with that. They won in Houston without KD and lost with him. I think Durant is a bit of a ball stopper for Golden State. Klay and Curry are completely different players without him on the court. Durant makes things better for them long term, but Curry and Klay overall are better than Harden and Paul.

I think G6 in Houston was more about the Rockets playing tight and not showing up in a big moment than GS being better. All Houston heard for a couple days leading up to the game was how if they lost it would be an embarassment and choke job and I think that got in their head and then allowed GS to play with no pressure and as an "underdog" for the first time in years.

Portland has never had a shot in this series IMO. Golden State has the advantage at all five spots in the starting lineup IMO.

Agreed and watching the games they just look like they aren't as good as GS as simple as that sounds. In that post I meant just in a sense that if you're Portland you're able to steal one on the road and now you get two games at home without Durant that gives you a chance to make it interesting. Now if I had to guess it's probably over in 5.

This was written before last night, so the record is now 29-1 in the last thirty games w/ Steph and w/o KD.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/Are-the-Warriors-better-without-Kevin-Durant-13849230.php

The numbers suggest otherwise. In their past 29 games in which Curry plays and Durant doesn’t, the Warriors are 28-1. Golden State has outscored opponents by 29 in the 137 minutes this postseason Curry has been without Durant.

With Durant averaging 34.2 points — on pace for the second-highest postseason clip in 25 years (LeBron James averaged 35.3 in 2009) — on 51.3% shooting (41.6% from 3-point range) over their first 11 playoff games, the Warriors posted a net rating of 5.6. That number is 13.2 over their past two outings without Durant.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/mobile-apps/

This was written before last night, so the record is now 29-1 in the last thirty games w/ Steph and w/o KD.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/Are-the-Warriors-better-without-Kevin-Durant-13849230.php

The numbers suggest otherwise. In their past 29 games in which Curry plays and Durant doesn’t, the Warriors are 28-1. Golden State has outscored opponents by 29 in the 137 minutes this postseason Curry has been without Durant.

With Durant averaging 34.2 points — on pace for the second-highest postseason clip in 25 years (LeBron James averaged 35.3 in 2009) — on 51.3% shooting (41.6% from 3-point range) over their first 11 playoff games, the Warriors posted a net rating of 5.6. That number is 13.2 over their past two outings without Durant.

San Francisco Chronicle Mobile Apps
Basketball's weird.

Yeah the Saints/Pelicans ownership isn’t dealing AD to LA.

FWIW a local media guy in NO, Fletcher Mackel, tweeted that he spoke to Gayle Benson and she called that report “totally absurd” and “completely untrue”.

He’s saying many in Pelicans organization think it’s the same source who started the Zion doesn’t want to come to NO rumors.

FWIW a local media guy in NO, Fletcher Mackel, tweeted that he spoke to Gayle Benson and she called that report “totally absurd” and “completely untrue”.

He’s saying many in Pelicans organization think it’s the same source who started the Zion doesn’t want to come to NO rumors.

Yeah, if BI is fine and they throw the house at NO, including that fourth pick, that is a huge haul. Outside of Boston going all in, I think the Lakers would still have the best package.

Yeah, if BI is fine and they throw the house at NO, including that fourth pick, that is a huge haul. Outside of Boston going all in, I think the Lakers would still have the best package.
Wherever Kyrie ends up is my pick to get AD.
Griffin will either want the 3rd pick package or Jayson Tatum package.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom