NBA 2018-2019 | Page 197 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

What the hell are the Wizards doing?
Just like the Mavericks helped the Warriors by taking Andrew Bogut when KD committed teams will help out for $$$.
Lakers are sending 3 million Dollars cash to The Wizards as well.

One more thought:

Super interesting time in the NBA.

Belief #1: you have to have max players to take you over the top.

Reality #1: all of the current max players have some kind of wart that could be a potential franchise killer.

What the hell are the Wizards doing?

Grabbing Wagner for nothing. Bonga is only like 19 too. Certainly worth it for them since they aren't going anywhere.

Just like the Mavericks helped the Warriors by taking Andrew Bogut when KD committed teams will help out for $$$.

No they aren't. Wiz are sending cash to New Orleans. Wiz are getting 2 guys that went top 40 last year and a future 2 for a little bit of money.

I see the Lakers getting Danny Green, Seth Curry, D’Angelo Russell in that cap space.
Green 10 million
Curry 8 million
Russell 14 million

Russell isn't going anywhere for $14m. Off by a minimum of $5m and probably closer to 8 or 10.

I see the Lakers getting Danny Green, Seth Curry, D’Angelo Russell in that cap space.
Green 10 million
Curry 8 million
Russell 14 million

Russell will get far more than $14 million. Props to him if he takes that kind of pay cut to go back to the team that jettisoned him but I really don't see him going back for anything close to $14 million.

I personally would go with the role players angle if I were the Lakers, but I doubt they opened up just enough space for a max slot for their Plan A to be not signing a max free agent.

Think it's pretty clear Kawhi is Plan A. After that, I don't know; could be Kyrie, could be Jimmy Butler IMO.

My guess would be that the role players angle (and that does not include Russell) is like their Plan E.

Russell will get far more than $14 million. Props to him if he takes that kind of pay cut to go back to the team that jettisoned him but I really don't see him going back for anything close to $14 million.

I personally would go with the role players angle if I were the Lakers, but I doubt they opened up just enough space for a max slot for their Plan A to be not signing a max free agent.

Think it's pretty clear Kawhi is Plan A. After that, I don't know; could be Kyrie, could be Jimmy Butler IMO.

My guess would be that the role players angle (and that does not include Russell) is like their Plan E.
Russell’s market isn’t going to be burning if the Nets renounce him.
Magic, Pacers, Suns I guess could sniff around but I wouldn’t expect him to get more than 15 million per year.

In terms of max players: the only one I truly want is Kawhi. I can probably be talked into Jimmy.

If we can’t get them, go another route.

Kyrie is a Dukie weirdo fragile gunner, Kemba needs the ball all the time too.

Russell’s market isn’t going to be burning if the Nets renounce him.
Magic, Pacers, Suns I guess could sniff around but I wouldn’t expect him to get more than 15 million per year.

I think he's likely in the $20-25 million range at minimum. Guess we'll see.

His max is 4years 117 million.
I don’t see him getting close to that but it only takes one team.

Absolutely is. Way too many teams with cap space and not enough players to go around. Mavs, Pacers, Suns, Magic would all likely give him 4 for 80 I'm sure. Only real question is who will give him 4 for 90+.

Posted this on the wrong board earlier, but...

If the Lakers are smart they will go after Khris Middleton, Tobias Harris or a Malcolm Brogdon type.

Knowing the Lakers they will probably go after either Kyrie or Russell.

I secretly hope they go after Jimmy Butler just so he and Lebron can blame AD when they eventually lose.

Posted this on the wrong board earlier, but...

If the Lakers are smart they will go after Khris Middleton, Tobias Harris or a Malcolm Brogdon type.

Knowing the Lakers they will probably go after either Kyrie or Russell.

I secretly hope they go after Jimmy Butler just so he and Lebron can blame AD when they eventually lose.

Tobias is a no-go IMO. That would give them 4 non-minimum players who all should be playing PF or C.

Middleton is a good fit but probably too expensive for the value he can provide considering he’d take up all of their cap space.

Brogdon would definitely be interesting for them if Milwaukee lets him walk.

I think Butler is the likely backup plan if they don’t get Kawhi

I didn't see that cash was part of the deal.

If Kawhi goes to the Lakers, he goes in as the alpha.

LeBron's not in charge. Rich Paul's not in charge. Charles isn't even in charge.

It's Kawhi.

So that ain't happening.

I hope you are right. That is my assumption as well -- he is not going where Lebron is in charge. He could do a 2 star system where people are equals.

Then again its impossible to read Kawhi. We make assumptions on what he wants, and they may not even be right.

Rozier has outstanding upside imo but wow the knicks are being the knicks here.

Also cant believe we’re landing kemba, that was a dream scenario for me

Were you ever in on Cousins as a Knickerbocker?

Well...no. No I wasn't. Just seems like all downside; you sign him on a one year deal, he's gonna go for hs numbers to get paid, and if he has a great year, they might sign him long term, and as for as talented as he is, I'm just not sure he's a winning player. And maybe that's unfair for me to say

Sigh.

Hopefully it's just all noise at the moment. Signing Rozier does not reconcile with the talk of going for short term deals if they whiff on big name FA. (unless it's a one year deal for Rozier, unlike Boogie, I guess I'm okish with that)

Is Rozier better than Dennis Smith Jr?
Yes.
Rozier if he isn’t selfish is a good PG.
He just loses his mind too much.
I like him as a 3rd guard or occasional starter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom