NBA 2018-2019 | Page 228 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

There are more sophisticated ways of doing it. Unfortunately, I haven't really done anything that meaty with statistical models in like 8+ years, so I don't exactly remember what. I want to say though that you could look at historical spread of all records and "fit" your projections to match up with that.

Maybe that one did, but just eyeballing I doubt it because the highs aren't high enough and the lows aren't low enough.

Yeah I'm presuming that's just a model where you sim a season a million times or something and just take the average of all of those trials. Which is obviously going to regress things a ton.

Yeah I'm presuming that's just a model where you sim a season a million times or something and just take the average of all of those trials. Which is obviously going to regress things a ton.
I still don’t get Chicago over Brooklyn though.
The Nets lost just Crabbe and switched Russell for Kyrie.
They are probably the 5 or 6 seed depending on Toronto next year.

Maybe his model really, really liked Russell.

Yeah I didn't look too closely at the standings, that one for sure stands out. Maybe he has a variable for "Lyrie will destroy your chemistry"

I'm really looking forward to the NBA next year. Should be a lot of fun.

(Might buy a Bucks cap)

George wasn’t tampering it was Kawhi.

The league isn’t going to do anything about that but the rules state nobody can entice a player under contract with another team to play with them.
The NBA doesn’t care about tampering we knew a lot of contracts before FA signed last week. Boston obviously tampered with Kemba, Brooklyn obviously tampered with Kyrie, Butler with Miami etc.

Leonard was a FA. No different than you or me. He can do what he wants talking to other players. That’s not the intent of tampering per the rules you posted.

Leonard was a FA. No different than you or me. He can do what he wants talking to other players. That’s not the intent of tampering per the rules you posted.

I mean, the rule says

Under NBA tampering rules, no player, coach or management person may entice or induce a player under contract with another team to play for his team.

I guess Leonard gets around it because he didn't have a team at the time? I dunno, it seems pretty obvious he tampered. And it also seems pretty obvious the league doesn't really care. The rumored Leonard-KD call would've been fine, since both were FA, but George was under contract to OKC.

Draymond Green has said he contacted Durant right after game 7 of the 16 finals, no?

I mean, the rule says

I guess Leonard gets around it because he didn't have a team at the time? I dunno, it seems pretty obvious he tampered. And it also seems pretty obvious the league doesn't really care. The rumored Leonard-KD call would've been fine, since both were FA, but George was under contract to OKC.

Draymond Green has said he contacted Durant right after game 7 of the 16 finals, no?

Yes, Leonard was a free agent. He was not a player, a coach or a management member. So he can not be accused of tampering no matter who he was talking to.

Yes, Leonard was a free agent. He was not a player, a coach or a management member. So he can not be accused of tampering no matter who he was talking to.

Oh man I don't know about that one. I suppose it's kind of a loophole, but he was asking George to play with him! Something of a tough sell to argue he's not a player.

The good news, as I said before is the league clearly doesn't care about it.

Oh man I don't know about that one. I suppose it's kind of a loophole, but he was asking George to play with him! Something of a tough sell to argue he's not a player.

The good news, as I said before is the league clearly doesn't care about it.

Wasn’t under contract.

I know it’s only two summer league games, but Barrett has done nothing to satisfy my worries that he’s an inefficient player. 8 for 33 in two games.

I know it’s only two summer league games, but Barrett has done nothing to satisfy my worries that he’s an inefficient player. 8 for 33 in two games.
I too recognize it's early but he and Zion are carrying over traits from Duke - take the easy bail out shot rather than work for what eventually would be a better shot but requires patience and effort.

Nah, he is a member of the union, so all rules apply. If he went out and killed someone in a DWI, are you saying the league could not discipline him?

Dark horse for Russell Westbrook would be Detroit.
Reggie Jackson and Tony Snell make the money work and then throw in draft picks.
Pair Russ with Griffin in the East.

Reggie Jackson and Tony Snell make the money work and then throw in draft picks.
That could be fun.

And for the Pistons, probably about as good as it can get.

I know the contract isn't great, but hard to imagine that's all that Westbrook would net.

Don't think they're a dark horse anyways; I think Shams or someone else from the Athletic was saying Detroit is one of the two teams that plan to pursue him.

Seems like Detroit, Miami, and Minnesota are the ones to watch, and I think someone else floated the Spurs as a possibility too.

I personally think Minnesota is a strong possibility but we'll see.

I know the contract isn't great, but hard to imagine that's all that Westbrook would net.

Don't think they're a dark horse anyways; I think Shams or someone else from the Athletic was saying Detroit is one of the two teams that plan to pursue him.

Seems like Detroit, Miami, and Minnesota are the ones to watch, and I think someone else floated the Spurs as a possibility too.

I personally think Minnesota is a strong possibility but we'll see.
Westbrook seems like someone who would go to the easier Eastern conference.

Part of me feels that way, part of me just wants him to stay healthy and we'll see what happens once we get into the regular season where I think he'll do better.

He's also a rookie and I keep forgetting that a lot of the current superstars didn't do much their first few years. I've lost all patience with young guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom