NBA 2018-2019 | Page 229 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Avery Bradley to the Lakers. I like it.
Really good all-around player.
He improved his shooting thru hard work and could be first team all defense

Last edited:
That's a good pull for them. I like that addition a lot more than other guys they have under contracts.
so who is the Lakers crunch time lineup? LBJ, AD, Kouzma, Brradley and rondo?

Avery Bradley to the Lakers. I like it.

Honestly kinda shocked he cost as much as he did. He's pretty much been trash ever since left Boston with the exception of a 10-15 game stretch with Memphis last year where he finally started to look okay again. Still, beggars can't be choosers and there isn't all that much left out there at this point. And playing with the Lakers guys, you might be able to just plug him in as an off-ball PG.

Green instead of Rondo. They just signed him to a 30 million dollar deal.
Honestly don't see any reason that Rondo should be starting or playing crunch time minutes. If you want defense, you have Bradley. If you want shooting, you have Bradley or Cook. Rondo's only real asset is his ability to run an offense and you don't need that with Lebron on the floor.

Lakers really don’t need a traditional PG. just make 3’s and play D.

LeBron is going to have to play defense again this year for the Lakers to be really good. I have my doubts.

Really good all-around player.
He improved his shooting thru hard work and could be first team all defense

This take would be accurate in 2017. No longer accurate. He's a replacement level player nowadays.

Lakers really don’t need a traditional PG. just make 3’s and play D.

LeBron is going to have to play defense again this year for the Lakers to be really good. I have my doubts.

34-35 year old Lebron handling ball handling duties full time is not a good recipe.

This take would be accurate in 2017. No longer accurate. He's a replacement level player nowadays.

Could it have just been a bad year and some change? Bad fit? Not 100%? Slump?

Another pick for the Thunder.
Westbrook is going to end up in Orlando or Miami.

I also heard Detroit as a possibility. They are looking to build a team that would have been great in... 2013. (Blake, Drummond, Westbrook).

I also heard Detroit as a possibility. They are looking to build a team that would have been great in... 2013. (Blake, Drummond, Westbrook).
Thing is... for the East that's a pretty good trio.

He's been the de facto PG or part-time PG his whole career (I guess you can argue when he finally went down to the block when he was with Miami, they took the ball out of his hands a bit more).

He needs a combo guard that can hit threes, two three and D guys and AD at center to close big games and they can do damage (at least on the offensive end).

Golden State making moves...signed Alec Burks (after OKC let him reconsider his options in light of recent events) and traded Damian Jones and a 2nd for Omari Spellman.

Looks like they're looking at something like:

PG: Steph
SG: Russell
SF: McKinney? Burks?
PF: Draymond
C: Looney

Bench:
McKinney/Burks
Cauley-Stein
Spellman
Jacob Evans
Glenn Robinson III
Jordan Poole
Alen Smailegic

A lot of unproven but interesting bench guys there.

Golden State making moves...signed Alec Burks (after OKC let him reconsider his options in light of recent events) and traded Damian Jones and a 2nd for Omari Spellman.

Bench:
McKinney/Burks
Cauley-Stein
Spellman
Jacob Evans
Glenn Robinson III
Jordan Poole
Alen Smailegic

Not bad, plus their playoff roster will look different if they end up trading DLo.

Golden State making moves...signed Alec Burks (after OKC let him reconsider his options in light
He's been the de facto PG or part-time PG his whole career (I guess you can argue when he finally went down to the block when he was with Miami, they took the ball out of his hands a bit more).

He needs a combo guard that can hit threes, two three and D guys and AD at center to close big games and they can do damage (at least on the offensive end).

I agree with this, but this isn’t exactly a roster that has solid combo guards and other guys that can chase quicker guards around for 48 minutes.

Bench:
McKinney/Burks
Cauley-Stein
Spellman
Jacob Evans
Glenn Robinson III
Jordan Poole
Alen Smailegic

Burks is a weird player. He had some really good games with the Jazz, but also disappeared a lot.

Could it have just been a bad year and some change? Bad fit? Not 100%? Slump?

I guess there's always the possibility but he was a salary dump last year and no teams are willing to claim him off waivers are $12m a year which is less than what a starting level 3 & D wing goes for. Maybe he'll manage to be an average rotation level wing due to all of the open looks that he should get playing with those 2 but I think he's pretty overrated to the casual fan because him and Crowder were real good 3 & D guys with the Celts 4 years ago and then he basically went out of sight. He was known for elite defense but no advanced metrics show that to be the case of late.

Clip Show re-signs JaMychal Green (whom they traded Avery Bradley for last year). All they need is a backup PG, although they might be content with Williams, Shamet, Robinson and/or Mann filling that role.

Offensively that's for sure gonna work out fine. I wouldn't love the idea of Lebron full time on the ball, but he's an unbelievable passer; you put shooting around him and Davis crashing on the pick and roll; that team is going to score for days. But the defense. I just don't know.

I'm real curious to see what happens with Russ; on that contract, I kinda think he may be negative value. He's been below 30% from 3 each of the last 2 years. And he takes a ton! Barely cracked 50% true shooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom