NBA 2018-2019 | Page 238 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

So let me get this straight: Ujiri is complaining about bad faith negotiating while he was negotiating in bad faith?

And this is the same guy who would be with the Wizards right now if the Raptors don’t win it all, right?

Ujiri going to the Wizards was a rumour that the Clippers planted with Woj to stir up the Leonard camp.

And that is hardly negotiating in bad faith, especially given all the tampering the Clippers had been doing all season.

The '21 swap is too soon that its nearly impossible OKC won't be still early in the rebuild and the '25 swap is top 20 protected. Just like the 2 1sts are both top 4 protected. The picks can hurt but can't be catastrophic.

Got you - didn't realize the 2025 swap was protected. In that case it is not worth much as you said.

Ujiri going to the Wizards was a rumour that the Clippers planted with Woj to stir up the Leonard camp.

And that is hardly negotiating in bad faith, especially given all the tampering the Clippers had been doing all season.
You’ve got jokes.

This idea that draft picks don't have value is dumb.

The truer statement is that draft picks are more valuable to certain organizations at certain time.

Each first round pick provides some kind of probability of having a roster spot occupied by a player on a contract for multiple years that is much lower than the value of their production.

There's a sweet spot when a franchise becomes competitive where having one or more of those players is the difference between just how good their overall roster and flexibility to improve can be.

There's also a time when adding draft picks to a roster doesn't help much, or the probability of snagging an impact player is so low that taking the dice roll just isn't a priority.

There's also an element of market. Some markets will always have an advantage improving through free agency. Other markets without those advantages can't break through without leveraging the draft and player development effectively.

Plus, my biggest thing is just, look at how much player movement we have seen! We have no idea how good any team is going to be in 4 or 5 years. (Ok, the Knicks will prob not be good) plus, the team with the tenth worst lottery odds still has a 15% chance at a top 4 pick. (and the team with the tenth worst odds won the lottery just this year!)

I'm not saying don't trade picks or whatever, just no one can say theres no way a pick 3 or 4 (or more) years down the road won't be good. We have no idea!

You’ve got jokes.

Cool story bro.

Now on my ignore list. But first will put a note in my July 10 2021 calendar to remind you what I said about uncle Dennis.

Last edited:
Cool story bro.

Now on my ignore list. But first will put a note in my July 10 2021 calendar to remind you what I said about uncle Dennis.
And you have my vote for lamest post in the history of this board.

The Blues won the Cup a month ago. I can’t imagine getting this triggered over anything after winning a title. I don’t even care what happens with the Cardinals this season.

Not sure if anyone brought this up, but it’s hilarious this Westbrook trade goes down like a day after Ryen Russilo got done explaining that the one thing he and Daryl Morey agree on is that protected/late first round picks are massively overrated

Last edited:
Said it before during the CBB season and Ill say it again..Taco Fall is NOT a stiff.

I wonder who all the kids who were “OKC Thunder fans” will switch to?

Who did all the early-mid 90s “Orlando Magic fans” switch to rooting for?

This is basically the two decades later version of that.

I wonder who all the kids who were “OKC Thunder fans” will switch to?

Who did all the early-mid 90s “Orlando Magic fans” switch to rooting for?

This is basically the two decades later version of that.
I’d root for Portland if not for Boston, I suppose

I don’t think Dame or Kemba are “goofy” enough for the kids. They like Kyrie and Westbrook.

My 11 year old swapped from Cavs to Lakers last year. He's obviously not switching anytime soon. 10 year old is still with the Warriors but I'm working on getting him to be a Pels fan with me, seems to be working as he was excited for each of their summer league games even without Zion. We are moving to Texas in 2 weeks, so not sure if either is going to gravitate towards the Rockets, Spurs or Mavs. I would push Mavs if any since Luka/KP combo will be fun to watch for a few years.

I have adopted Utah and Denver as my teams in the West this year. Deeper teams that have been built the right way not through free agency and have some depth. It will be interesting to see how they match up with other star laden teams with less depth.

I have adopted Utah and Denver as my teams in the West this year. Deeper teams that have been built the right way not through free agency and have some depth. It will be interesting to see how they match up with other star laden teams with less depth.

If Jamal Murray can take his game up another notch to where he’s an all star, and if he proves to be a clutch playoff guy(he had his moments last year), then I think they’re the favorite in the West.

Lillard was all kinds of crap in the GSW series and got almost no crap for it for some strange reason

He was great in the first two rounds, hit the famous buzzer beater, his team overachieved, and I think everybody expected GS to win as they easily had the better team.

He was great in the first two rounds, hit the famous buzzer beater, his team overachieved, and I think everybody expected GS to win as they easily had the better team.

Yet when harden carries his team by himself for an entire season and then runs out of gas and loses to GSW , he’s a fraud

Yet when harden carries his team by himself for an entire season and then runs out of gas and loses to GSW , he’s a fraud

A couple things:

1. Many find Harden to be kinda unlikable and most seem to view Dame is likable.

2. And I think the other part: Harden is considered to be a little better player than Dame. So he’s held to a higher standard.

3. Many may remember when Portland knocked Houston out in the first round and Dame played quite a bit better than Harden did that series.

4. Personally feel like Harden took the most crap when they lost to the Blazers and Spurs moreso than the Warriors. But that’s just my impression.

A couple things:

1. Many find Harden to be kinda unlikable and most seem to view Dame is likable.

2. And I think the other part: Harden is considered to be a little better player than Dame. So he’s held to a higher standard.

3. Many may remember when Portland knocked Houston out in the first round and Dame played quite a bit better than Harden did that series.

4. Personally feel like Harden took the most crap when they lost to the Blazers and Spurs moreso than the Warriors. But that’s just my impression.
I respect James Harden but I freaking hate his game.
He gets every call from the refs and has it down to a tee that if you breath on him it’s a foul and exaggerates contact and gets too many fouls.

His game is not fun to watch like Dame’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom