NBA 2018-2019 | Page 239 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I respect James Harden but I freaking hate his game.
He gets every call from the refs and has it down to a tee that if you breath on him it’s a foul and exaggerates contact and gets too many fouls.

His game is not fun to watch like Dame’s.

Agreed. I enjoy watching Lillard, mostly hate watching Harden.

Harden can really shoot it, is very quick, incredible handles and off the dribble moves, strong, great finisher, capable passer, and has gotten so much better over the years... he’s got all the tools, and I still don’t enjoy his game.

The playing to draw fouls, and the constant dribbling are just not enjoyable. Effective usually, but man. Tough to watch.

Yet when harden carries his team by himself for an entire season and then runs out of gas and loses to GSW , he’s a fraud
It's because he is a fraud.

I respect James Harden but I freaking hate his game.
He gets every call from the refs and has it down to a tee that if you breath on him it’s a foul and exaggerates contact and gets too many fouls.

His game is not fun to watch like Dame’s.
Went to a friends bbq last weekend, I walk up, and one of my friends has a Harden tshirt on. I can't believe we didn't end up wrestling in the fire. I must've said 'hate his game' 15x.

A couple things:

1. Many find Harden to be kinda unlikable and most seem to view Dame is likable.

2. And I think the other part: Harden is considered to be a little better player than Dame. So he’s held to a higher standard.

3. Many may remember when Portland knocked Houston out in the first round and Dame played quite a bit better than Harden did that series.

4. Personally feel like Harden took the most crap when they lost to the Blazers and Spurs moreso than the Warriors. But that’s just my impression.
I find the nickname Dame unlikeable.

I wonder who all the kids who were “OKC Thunder fans” will switch to?

Who did all the early-mid 90s “Orlando Magic fans” switch to rooting for?

This is basically the two decades later version of that.

Younger kids/people aren't as tethered to teams as they are players or just being fans of the NBA. If your team can mess up having 3 MVPs at one time, then you get to root for Russ and Harden in H-Town.

If Jamal Murray can take his game up another notch to where he’s an all star, and if he proves to be a clutch playoff guy(he had his moments last year), then I think they’re the favorite in the West.

If Klay comes back and is close to 100% with Steph and an in-shape Draymond playing for his contract, the Dubs may be the scariest team going into the playoffs. They either keep D-Lo because he's playing well or trade him for valuable pieces because he isn't fitting (the kid loves the pick n roll).

I cannot take Denver seriously after they had to go to 7 with an extremely flawed Spurs team. They overshot their actual talent last year and are my #1 target to fall back to the pack.

IMO of course.

Anyone here have NBA season tix? We did Kings 1/2 seasons last year and had a blast. The rep has told us that they're not doing half seasons this year which would be normally be my preference... Here's my dilemma: it still doesn't make economic sense to buy season tickets for the 2020 season - I'll be able to pick my spots on weekday and some weekend games and still buy cheaper tickets than I would at the per game cost on the season package. With season tickets, selling the tickets to the games I can't make will still probably only net 65 to 75% of the face value back with the exception of the Laker and Warrior games. Here's my concern though - The rep tells us they're at 95% sold on season tickets and that next year there will be a waitlist. Based on the seats I've seen available - this seems to be the case. I don't want to miss out the way I did in Nashville with the Predators. We never got season tickets because you could always score tickets on the secondary market for less than face value... then the team got good, Nashville grew, there was no shot at season tickets and those with the package made a profit when reselling tickets...

Anyone here have NBA season tix? We did Kings 1/2 seasons last year and had a blast. The rep has told us that they're not doing half seasons this year which would be normally be my preference... Here's my dilemma: it still doesn't make economic sense to buy season tickets for the 2020 season - I'll be able to pick my spots on weekday and some weekend games and still buy cheaper tickets than I would at the per game cost on the season package. With season tickets, selling the tickets to the games I can't make will still probably only net 65 to 75% of the face value back with the exception of the Laker and Warrior games. Here's my concern though - The rep tells us they're at 95% sold on season tickets and that next year there will be a waitlist. Based on the seats I've seen available - this seems to be the case. I don't want to miss out the way I did in Nashville with the Predators. We never got season tickets because you could always score tickets on the secondary market for less than face value... then the team got good, Nashville grew, there was no shot at season tickets and those with the package made a profit when reselling tickets...
The Sacramento Kings are selling that many tickets these days?

The Sacramento Kings are selling that many tickets these days?
Yeah honestly thought that 2021 would be the year to aim for but there are so many people moving here from the Bay with families that it’s not just the improving product that is selling the tickets. We had a good time at the summer league games, same situation that I think you mentioned going to for the Jazz and had a chance to ask about the ticket situation with a few different reps.

Yeah honestly thought that 2021 would be the year to aim for but there are so many people moving here from the Bay with families that it’s not just the improving product that is selling the tickets. We had a good time at the summer league games, same situation that I think you mentioned going to for the Jazz and had a chance to ask about the ticket situation with a few different reps.
That's cool. I'm glad they have so much optimism, it's gotta be tough over the last while being a Kings fan. I think they definitely improved this off-season, it's just crazy how much of a meat grinder the West is.

That's cool. I'm glad they have so much optimism, it's gotta be tough over the last while being a Kings fan. I think they definitely improved this off-season, it's just crazy how much of a meat grinder the West is.
Yeah, I think they're a 42 win team if Buddy and Fox stay healthy which still probably doesn't make the playoffs. I did see the new win odds today and the Jazz are #2; Kings at 11.

1. Clippers 55.5
2. Jazz 52.5
3. Lakers 51.5
4. Rockets 51.5
5. Nuggets 50.5
6. Warriors 47.5
7. Trail Blazers 44.5
8. Spurs 43.5
9. Mavericks 41.5
10. Pelicans 36.5
11. Kings 35.5
12. Timberwolves 35.5
13. Grizzlies 27.5
14. Suns 26.5

No Thunder odds

Yeah, I think they're a 42 win team if Buddy and Fox stay healthy which still probably doesn't make the playoffs. I did see the new win odds today and the Jazz are #2; Kings at 11.

1. Clippers 55.5
2. Jazz 52.5
3. Lakers 51.5
4. Rockets 51.5
5. Nuggets 50.5
6. Warriors 47.5
7. Trail Blazers 44.5
8. Spurs 43.5
9. Mavericks 41.5
10. Pelicans 36.5
11. Kings 35.5
12. Timberwolves 35.5
13. Grizzlies 27.5
14. Suns 26.5

No Thunder odds
That feels WAY too low to me for Sacramento. I think they'll be above .500.

If they played in the East I'd say they're almost certainly a playoff team. They've got a chance to make it to the playoffs in the West, it's just such an uphill battle.

It's because he is a fraud.

Former MVP and future Hall of Famer has em all fooled I guess. Players in the league know how good he is. Former players speak of how he's one of the greatest offensive players of all time. But he's a fraud because he is skilled enough to draw fouls. The crazy thing is, most of the time he gets fouls called, he was fouled. Whether you like the way it looks aesthetically or not, they are still fouls.

Agreed. I enjoy watching Lillard, mostly hate watching Harden.

Harden can really shoot it, is very quick, incredible handles and off the dribble moves, strong, great finisher, capable passer, and has gotten so much better over the years... he’s got all the tools, and I still don’t enjoy his game.

The playing to draw fouls, and the constant dribbling are just not enjoyable. Effective usually, but man. Tough to watch.

I can respect that critique. It can be tough to watch. Little bit different than people saying he sucks and is a fraud.

I can respect that critique. It can be tough to watch. Little bit different than people saying he sucks and is a fraud.
I don't #hatehard on him as much as LeBron, but pretty close.

I don't #hatehard on him as much as LeBron, but pretty close.

speaking of lebron and his new minion...saw this ESPN interview with Davis on Sunday where he was asked why he did what he did, basically force his way out of NOLA. So he goes into this lame diatribe about how he finally started to follow his own wishes instead of listening to what others told him to do. I about laughed into a coma, as if his master and Clutch sports didnt give him this exact gameplan.

dude quit on his team and is a disgrace and hasn't won anything in the pros. He should get more crap than Harden. At last Harden plays every freaking game he can.

Last edited:
speaking of lebron and his new minion...saw this ESPN interview with Davis on Sunday where he was asked why he did what he did, basically force his way out of NOLA. So he goes into this lame diatribe about he finally started to follow his own wishes instead of listening to what others told him to do. I about laughed into a coma, as if his master and Clutch sports didnt give him this exact gameplan.

dude quit on his team and is a disgrace and hasn't won anything in the pros. He should get more crap than Harden. At last Harden plays every freaking game he can.
That's hilarious.

And I don't blatantly #hatehard as aggressively on Davis as I do LeBron and Harden, but I am very quick to remind people that for as highly as people think of the Brow as a player, he's accomplished very little in terms of leading his teams to any actual winning. So I'm skeptical about just how big of an impact acquisition it really was for the Lakers.

That's hilarious.

And I don't blatantly #hatehard as aggressively on Davis as I do LeBron and Harden, but I am very quick to remind people that for as highly as people think of the Brow as a player, he's accomplished very little in terms of leading his teams to any actual winning. So I'm skeptical about just how big of an impact acquisition it really was for the Lakers.
He's his own man now. He answers to a DIFFERENT puppet master now..one of his own choosing

I'm of the opinion the Lakers are going to be a train wreck drama fest this year especially when Lebron or AD sits. Pretty sure Lebron has won his last title.

At the end of the year I think the best teams in the West in no specific order will be Utah, the Clips, Houston, and Golden State.

NBA 2K20 Top 20 Players:

1. LeBron James
2. Kawhi Leonard
3. Giannis
4. Kevin Durant
5. James Harden
6. Steph Curry
7. Anthony Davis
8. Paul George
9. Damian Lillard
10. Joel Embiid
11. Kyrie Irving
12. Nikola Jokic
13. Russell Westbrook
14. Klay Thompson
15. KAT
16. Jimmy Butler
17. Kemba Walker
18. Donovan Mitchell
19. Rudy Gobert
20. Blake Griffin

NBA 2K20 Top 20 Players:

1. LeBron James
2. Kawhi Leonard
3. Giannis
4. Kevin Durant
5. James Harden
6. Steph Curry
7. Anthony Davis
8. Paul George
9. Damian Lillard
10. Joel Embiid
11. Kyrie Irving
12. Nikola Jokic
13. Russell Westbrook
14. Klay Thompson
15. KAT
16. Jimmy Butler
17. Kemba Walker
18. Donovan Mitchell
19. Rudy Gobert
20. Blake Griffin
Is 2K trolling Butler putting him below KAT?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom