NBA 2018-2019 | Page 243 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I'd like to see the pistons have some kind of a run, even if just a competitive round 1 series. Blake is really good. He's averaged 5 assists per game for the last 5 years! And he shot 36% from 3 last year, on 7 attempts per game

I'd like to see the pistons have some kind of a run, even if just a competitive round 1 series. Blake is really good. He's averaged 5 assists per game for the last 5 years! And he shot 36% from 3 last year, on 7 attempts per game

I remember when he came out of college, I was telling my brother how he would be one of the best rebounders in the NBA.

Well, he was...for 2 years.

It’s amazing how different of a player he is now. A Blake Griffin that doesn’t really rebound that much, but hits a lot of 3’s and dishes out 5-6 assists. Huh?

What a weird league it’s become.

I remember when he came out of college, I was telling my brother how he would be one of the best rebounders in the NBA.

Well, he was...for 2 years.

It’s amazing how different of a player he is now. A Blake Griffin that doesn’t really rebound that much, but hits a lot of 3’s and dishes out 5-6 assists. Huh?

What a weird league it’s become.

Seriously, imagine in 2009 saying Griffin would be dishing dimes, making 3s, and not rebounding that much.

The rebounding drop is really noticeable, I do wonder how much of it is because he's spent more time with Drummond and Deandre, who seem to grab every rebound? Fwiw, I just checked, it looks like Griffin averaged 6.9 (nice) rebounds per 36 with Drummond on the court, and 10.3 without him. (His shooting # were way worse)

Also just realized he's basically always played with a big man with no range offensively, wonder how he'd fare as more of a stretch 5. Don't think he's a great rim protector though

Seriously, imagine in 2009 saying Griffin would be dishing dimes, making 3s, and not rebounding that much.

The rebounding drop is really noticeable, I do wonder how much of it is because he's spent more time with Drummond and Deandre, who seem to grab every rebound? Fwiw, I just checked, it looks like Griffin averaged 6.9 (nice) rebounds per 36 with Drummond on the court, and 10.3 without him. (His shooting # were way worse)

Also just realized he's basically always played with a big man with no range offensively, wonder how he'd fare as more of a stretch 5. Don't think he's a great rim protector though

I re-watched a highlight video of his dunks in the NBA recently and his finishing power in traffic was incredible.

Re your comment - I don't think he could have been the rim protector needed to play a stretch 5, BUT, also to your point, if he played with a big that had range and could space the floor, he may have been unstoppable attacking the rim.

David Griffin goes scorched earth on Lebron...

Whitlock had a takedown recently too.

Seems like weird timing to have two hits on LeBron right after another like that.

Wonder what's up?

David Griffin goes scorched earth on Lebron...

Obviously being a huge Bron guy the quotes seem weird to me and like low hanging fruit/red meat to throw to the Bron haters. Also, none of them really seem to be rooted in any sort of factual reality.

First the idea that LeBron doesn't get any criticism and only gets the credit is a popular one liner but doesn't make sense. Bron's one of the most criticized players ever. And yea Bron is going to get a lot of credit when his team comes back from 3-1 to beat a 73 win team and he leads both teams in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks. And yea the supporting cast is going to get heat when he loses a Finals and his second best player was Delly, or when ~3/4 of his teammates in the Finals aren't even in the league the next year, or when Bron goes 51-8-8 on the road and when his teammate gets an offensive rebound with seconds left in a tie game and chance to win the game and instead runs around dribbling the clock out.

Saying LeBron doesn't care as much about winning after the Cavs ring doesn't make any sense either. From Nick Wright, "16-17: led NBA in mins/gm, career highs in APG & RPG, 33-9-8 in playoffs. 17-18: led NBA in GP & MP, sets new career highs in APG & RPG, 34-9-9 in playoffs." Last year he gets hurt and "looked old" and averaged 27-7-7.

Bron's a superstar and has always drawn more media attention and higher expectations than anyone in the league. That's going to raise expectations for everyone in the organization to win a ring each year. Not sure how it's Bron's fault that Griffin was unhappy in a high pressure environment.

Also, pretty weak for Griff to go at Bron after Bron used his huge social media presence to promote Griff's wife's business a couple weeks ago and has had nothing but praise for him to the media.

So the Melo interview with Stephen A....don't really get it. Is there something we didn't know? does this help Melo get a new deal? Does that piece have any impact on NBA decision makers?

Screen Shot 2019-08-02 at 3.23.21 PM.png

Christmas schedule
Celtics at Raptors
Rockets at Warriors
Lakers at Clippers
Bucks at 76ers
Pelicans at Nuggets

So the Melo interview with Stephen A...don't really get it. Is there something we didn't know? does this help Melo get a new deal? Does that piece have any impact on NBA decision makers?

He's got some kind of publicity tour going; Shams has been tweeting about him a lot recently as well

I'd like to say I'm sad/disappointed the Knicks aren't on Christmas, but, well, Im not.

Most agents have law degrees. I don’t think wanting agents to have a degree is that big a deal.
Rich Paul can do online classes and get an online degree if he wants to continue. While it’s targeting him he will be fine.

Just posted another tweet that Danny Parkins had RT'd.

Here's the thing, imo, this is just the NCAA trying to save its outdated model of amateurism.

This isn't going to hurt Rich Paul like you said. This is for the next Rich Paul. Rich Paul got Bazely paid by NB then drafted in the first round. The players he reps have over a billion in contract dollars.

I think the NCAA felt like they were made a fool of and were ceding too much power. On top of the fact that more kids (albeit just a few) are choosing to go play elsewhere before the NBA versus going to the NCAA.

Fun list. Did some messing around on basketball ref; 4 of the top 5 in minutes played this decade make one of the teams. Wanna guess who was the one who didn't?

I think maybe you could find a spot for Marc Gasol somewhere?

I wish instead of all nba of the decade, if they just did a 12 player roster for the decade. Would be interesting to see.

This is a fun idea, and of course I modified it for basketball and spent a lot of the afternoon putting together a Knicks team. I know the NHL version has 6 players for $200, so for NBA, I guess it should be $165 for 5, but screw that, I'm doing $200. This is what I ended up with

Jason Kidd-$76
Chauncey Billups-$21
Ron Artest-$29
Rasheed Wallace-$21
Joakim Noah-$53

Gets me there right on the number. Shooting is a bit of an issue, for sure, but my goodness, that defensive lineup. $76 is a lot to spend on one guy, but Kidd is an all time great. I could've ditched Noah and gone with Deandre Jordan for $19, or maybe McDyess and rolled with Sheed as a 5 man. Ideally I would've had more of a traditional 2 guard who could make 3

This is a fun idea, and of course I modified it for basketball and spent a lot of the afternoon putting together a Knicks team. I know the NHL version has 6 players for $200, so for NBA, I guess it should be $165 for 5, but screw that, I'm doing $200. This is what I ended up with

Jason Kidd-$76
Chauncey Billups-$21
Ron Artest-$29
Rasheed Wallace-$21
Joakim Noah-$53

Gets me there right on the number. Shooting is a bit of an issue, for sure, but my goodness, that defensive lineup. $76 is a lot to spend on one guy, but Kidd is an all time great. I could've ditched Noah and gone with Deandre Jordan for $19, or maybe McDyess and rolled with Sheed as a 5 man. Ideally I would've had more of a traditional 2 guard who could make 3

I didn't want to dig too far back, so my cutoff was like 1995 or something like that. I built out a 7 man roster with the $200.

PG: Gary Payton - $28
SG: Jerry Stackhouse - $42
SF: Caron Butler - $34
PF: Stephen Jackson - $26
C: Kenyon Martin - $11

6th: JJ Redick - $28
7th: Kevin Duckworth - $8

Still have $23 left to spare after all that and I'm sure I could find guys to spend it on, but I'm too lazy to dig any further.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom