NBA 2018-2019 | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Holy crap, the Raptors just snuck in and stole Gasol away from the Hornets. Arms race in the East with the Celts getting left behind.

Great gamble by Orlando. 0 pressure situation for Fultz. Pick they gave up is of minimal value.

Last edited:
Holy crap, the Raptors just snuck in and stole Gasol away from the Hornets. Arms race in the East with the Celts getting left behind.

According to TSN, the original offer was JV and Lowry for Gasol and Conley.

According to TSN, the original offer was JV and Lowry for Gasol and Conley.

Yeah, that was talked about last week for a bit and Lowry was pretty mad about it, but Woj had reported over the past few days that Gasol was going to Charlotte and they were just working on the pick protections but I guess they could never get it done.

You don’t get Boston’s problem.
They don’t need more players.
They need a defined rotation. They have enough talent.

Toronto won the East with Gasol.
Best trade any team made. This could be Pau Gasol to the Lakers good for them if Marc has anything left.

Oh, I'm sorry, I should have been clearer - I #hatehard on LeBron every chance I get, so rational discussion really doesn't matter that much.
Get ready for LeBron to come up some injury and shut it down for the year.

Get ready for LeBron to come up some injury and shut it down for the year.

Not going great for LeBron out there so far. They have to pray they can get something done this summer with somebody but clearly there doesn't see like many that want to play with him at this point, should know 100% by July 1. Sounded like Magic is even getting a bit tired of it.

Raptors stole Gasol. Memphis is nuts to make that trade.

Not sure that you've seen him play over the last 2 months. He was trending down quickly and that player option is kind of scary. They're honestly better off long term being worse the rest of this season anyway.

Not sure that you've seen him play over the last 2 months. He was trending down quickly and that player option is kind of scary. They're honestly better off long term being worse the rest of this season anyway.
You have Leonard for maybe one season. You play to win this season. Forget long term.

Which players' rights doesn't he care about?

His post said he had no problem with guys being traded and that he understands it's a business. The problem he has is that teams basically know that fans care more about their favorite team's success more than anything and owners/media capitalize on that by painting the players to be the bad guy for leaving their favorite team when they want to make a business decision but whenever owners make a business decision their position is always understood and accepted.
His entire point is that it should be a 2-way street for understanding when both a team or player want to make a decision on the future but right now it's only accepted for teams to make roster decisions but players are always the bad guy if they want to change their situation.
that is not his entire point; he is making a point only for the very upper crust of nba talent, not for the hundreds of guys who have no power to dictate their terms

the rules regarding player movement were collectively bargained

the new rules wherein superstars try to manipulate their own movement and creation of teams like quasi-general managers was not

maybe there is merit in the latter, but that development is being done for the benefit of the very upper tier of association players. the rank and file should have something to say about it before lebron appoints himself their spokesman

Last edited:
Durant is such a baby

He sounded like a girl mad that her significant other didn’t ask her how her day was. Then when you finally ask after getting attitude she gets even madder and hits you with the 'WHY YOU ASKING, ITS NOT LIKE YOU REALLY CARE!'

NY media would eat that weirdo alive.

I can see the criticism for Philly, but at the same time, when you are in the hunt for a title, you have to take a shot. You have no idea what's going to happen tomorrow. I'm glad they're going for it.

Great for Clips, too. I think Kawhi is definitely going there. I really like SGA. I think they can get a second star in FA.

Agree with that, it's just, at least till July 1, Golden State is just looming there

That draft was LeBron’s biggest victory since joining the Lakers.
James dominated in his selections.

That draft was LeBron’s biggest victory since joining the Lakers.
James dominated in his selections.

Yeah, on paper those rosters are so one sided.

That’s gotta he so political though. Like...Giannis had to pick his teammate high right? Even though he’s not one of the best players available at that point. Good thing the game doesn’t matter.

You have Leonard for maybe one season. You play to win this season. Forget long term.

No kidding. I was relying to the part of stealing him and Memphis be nuts to make that deal. They have 0 use for a 35 year old Center at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom