NBA 2018-2019 | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

If they find a taker for Snell's contract, I think they can open up roughly a max slot while keeping both Middleton and Brogdon. Would cost them Bledsoe and likely Brook though.

I don't think bringing all of them back can be completely ruled out, but it would definitely be risky locking yourselves into a team with 1 star and 2 borderline-ish all-stars (Middleton and Bledsoe) rather than trying to find a way to get a bigger piece.

Ordinarily I'd say you're probably right that we can't go after anyone bigger, but the shoutout from Anthony Davis has me feeling at least some level of hope that someone will want to come play with Giannis.

Main problem I run into is that they probably aren't a player for any of the 8 elite guys at this point. After that you are looking at guys like Boogie, Gasol and Vucevic who may or may not be upgrades fitwise over Brook and will cost a ton. After that 2nd tier you're looking at Mirotic and maybe Harrison Barnes who would be gettable but are they worth probably losing Bledsoe. Who knows though, maybe Philly is a mess and Butler and/or Harris come free but still imagine they go to big markets given they'll have multiple options.

Philly is at least saying that they want to sign all four of their guys to max contracts and just pay the massive luxury tax bill that will come with it.

I'm not entirely convinced that Butler and Tobias will be happy being the 3rd and 4th options though. Feels like there's a pretty decent chance this doesn't work out as well as Philly hopes it will. Certainly makes them a scarier team to face if it does work out though.

I'd still bet on Toronto, Boston, and Milwaukee over them at this point until they prove otherwise though.

Everybody is wired differently, so who knows. My feeling is that the primary reason to worry about your stats, shots, and role is how that stuff affects your contract. If you’re already well into your career and have a max contract...why worry about your role? You’ve been the guy and got your money. Now win championships.

Great title teams of the past are filled with great players who sacrificed. Lamar Odom and to an extent Pau Gasol both did. Odom didn’t even start on a lot of those teams, in his prime.

Rasheed Wallace would be another example. Talent wise he might’ve been the best player on Detroit, but he played the role they needed them to play and was a huge reason why they won it all.

Main problem I run into is that they probably aren't a player for any of the 8 elite guys at this point. After that you are looking at guys like Boogie, Gasol and Vucevic who may or may not be upgrades fitwise over Brook and will cost a ton. After that 2nd tier you're looking at Mirotic and maybe Harrison Barnes who would be gettable but are they worth probably losing Bledsoe. Who knows though, maybe Philly is a mess and Butler and/or Harris come free but still imagine they go to big markets given they'll have multiple options.

If Milwaukee had to settle for adding Cousins, I wouldn't be very upset lol. We'll see though. Bucks still have a move or two left to make before we can even get there. If the Bucks are able to tell guys that they'll have Giannis, Middleton, Brogdon, and Budenholzer, I think they might actually have a chance at one of the potential max guys.

The Harris trade is real interesting to me; could be a winner for both sides? Clippers have a ton of assets now, that Miami pick could be a gold mine.

Harris is really good, maybe not worth a max? And the Sixers are gonna be spending a ton of money, but thats a hell of a starting five.

Wayne Ellington could be a nice pickup for a playoff team. Enes Kanter, on the other hand, would be a disastrous pickup

The Harris trade is real interesting to me; could be a winner for both sides? Clippers have a ton of assets now, that Miami pick could be a gold mine.

Harris is really good, maybe not worth a max? And the Sixers are gonna be spending a ton of money, but thats a hell of a starting five.

Wayne Ellington could be a nice pickup for a playoff team. Enes Kanter, on the other hand, would be a disastrous pickup
I tried warning you about Kanter.

Otto Porter to Chicago for Jabari Parker and Bobby Portis.

Good trade for Washington.

Everybody is wired differently, so who knows. My feeling is that the primary reason to worry about your stats, shots, and role is how that stuff affects your contract. If you’re already well into your career and have a max contract...why worry about your role? You’ve been the guy and got your money. Now win championships.

Great title teams of the past are filled with great players who sacrificed. Lamar Odom and to an extent Pau Gasol both did. Odom didn’t even start on a lot of those teams, in his prime.

Rasheed Wallace would be another example. Talent wise he might’ve been the best player on Detroit, but he played the role they needed them to play and was a huge reason why they won it all.

The sense in Philly is that Harris has no need to be an Alpha dog, and is more comfortable in a support role. The Sixers need to strengthen their bench, but should be able to do so considering some of the contract dumps that will happen in the next 24 hours. I think the wildcard is Butler. Will he buy in or not? I know that he liked the coach's recent decision to make him the point guard. Simmons is totally comfortable not being a lead scorer. And Embiid will get his regardless. I think it will eventually work, but they've got work to do before the playoffs.

Fans were chanting "LeBron's gonna trade you!"

DysJOHXX4AAX2ox.jpg

Last edited:
The more LeBron opens his mouth about stuff see Harrison Barnes trade comments the more he becomes unlikable.
Keep calling yourself the GOAT LeBron.

The more LeBron opens his mouth about stuff see Harrison Barnes trade comments the more he becomes unlikable.
what did he say?

what did he say?
LeBron James took to Instagram to point out the hypocrisy of teams trading players vs. players requesting trades.
It was such a passive aggressive post.

I don't see anything wrong with his instagram post. He was saying why is loyalty a one way street where players are scolded and demonized for wanting to leave a team but teams can trade players away whenever they feel like it and everyone accepts that "it's just business". He even says at the end he has no problem with teams trading guys and treating it like a business but it should be a 2-way street. Feel like that's pretty sound logic.

LeBron has done so much for changing the landscape of players taking control of their careers. As others have mentioned on here that's going to be a big part of his legacy. I think it's great. Then again I'm a huge proponent of players rights both in college and professional levels.

I mean, you being a Celtics fan means you probably hate everything LeBron says and does but I don't really see this being something to get upset about.

I can see the criticism for Philly, but at the same time, when you are in the hunt for a title, you have to take a shot. You have no idea what's going to happen tomorrow. I'm glad they're going for it.

Great for Clips, too. I think Kawhi is definitely going there. I really like SGA. I think they can get a second star in FA.

I don't see anything wrong with his instagram post. He was saying why is loyalty a one way street where players are scolded and demonized for wanting to leave a team but teams can trade players away whenever they feel like it and everyone accepts that "it's just business". He even says at the end he has no problem with teams trading guys and treating it like a business but it should be a 2-way street. Feel like that's pretty sound logic.

LeBron has done so much for changing the landscape of players taking control of their careers. As others have mentioned on here that's going to be a big part of his legacy. I think it's great. Then again I'm a huge proponent of players rights both in college and professional levels.

I mean, you being a Celtics fan means you probably hate everything LeBron says and does but I don't really see this being something to get upset about.

Agree with everything, especially the last line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom