NBA 2018-2019 | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Hard to do what? Sweep them? It won't be too hard to win 4 out of 5. The Lakers kids have 0 experience with anything remotely as intense as what happens at playoff time.
Lakers have played the Warriors hard these past few years and they won when LeBron got hurt on Christmas in Oracle.
Plus Rondo in the playoffs ups his game.
I think the Lakers would take 2 games off the Warriors in a playoff series.

Lakers have played the Warriors hard these past few years and they won when LeBron got hurt on Christmas in Oracle.

Is there any explanation why Rondo’s like this? It’s very bizarre. He’d be nearing hall of fame consideration if he had a speck of consistency or didnt piss so many people off

Is there any explanation why Rondo’s like this? It’s very bizarre. He’d be nearing hall of fame consideration if he had a speck of consistency or didnt piss so many people off
It’s simple National TV. Rondo on National TV games plays hard.
He doesn’t care about a Tuesday night in Detroit, Wednesday game at home against New Orleans.
Put him on TNT or ABC games he plays hard.

Lakers got to get there first.
Clippers don’t want to make the playoffs. I mean they traded their best player Harris and best defender Bradley.
The Kings are 1 game ahead of the Lakers.
Lakers will catch the Clippers and I think they will finish 2 games better than the Kings.
I don’t want the Lakers catching the Spurs.
Spurs as the 8 would be a sweep for the Warriors.

They are a .500 team with a negative point differential. You can make a case to me where LeBron could possibly will the team past the 2 seed Nuggets. They just aren't competing with the Warriors in a meaningful game/series. I'll give them 1 just based on randomness but that's about it. The Warriors will find a matchup in that series against one or two of the young Lakers and just destroy them on every possession.

They are a .500 team with a negative point differential. You can make a case to me where LeBron could possibly will the team past the 2 seed Nuggets. They just aren't competing with the Warriors in a meaningful game/series. I'll give them 1 just based on randomness but that's about it. The Warriors will find a matchup in that series against one or two of the young Lakers and just destroy them on every possession.
Before LeBron got hurt the Lakers were the 4 seed in the West.
They aren’t going to beat the Warriors but I think they would give them a real series unlike any of those other teams in the 8 seed range.
Warriors need resistance.
The rest of the West after the Warriors it’s clearly anyone could reach the WCF.

They aren’t going to beat the Warriors but I think they would give them a real series unlike any of those other teams in the 8 seed range.
The rest of the West after the Warriors it’s clearly anyone could reach the WCF.

This may be one of those times where I'm oversimplifying things but didn't the Lakers recent slide occur when Lonzo and LeBron were out with injuries? Lakers at full strength in the playoffs would absolutely be able to make a run and I think have a chance against anyone in the West except the Warriors.

Lakers rely a lot on young pieces but their vets have been through some major playoff wars that can help the younger guys. LeBron obviously, Chandler with Dallas, McGee was a part of the GSW run, Rondo, even Lance and those Pacers teams. They have guys who have been there and been in big moments to navigate the playoff landscape for their young core.

Sixers look good ...now. Come playoff time nobody is going to guard Simmons and Butler is a wildcard. Harrris is a great get as he impacts games without dominating shots. If healthy, Mirotic makes the Bucks a nightmare. Milwaukee has also shown they can run GSW out of of the building. East is going to be fun.

I still don't think they are giving them a series. But agree that none of those teams down there have any prayer whatsoever. Lakers would have a shot if 1 of Steph/KD was out though. And I think the Lakers could knock off the Nuggets if they can work their way up to the 7 seed which will be pretty tough with only 26 games to go.

Sixers look good ...now. Come playoff time nobody is going to guard Simmons and Butler is a wildcard. Harrris is a great get as he impacts games without dominating shots. If healthy, Mirotic makes the Bucks a nightmare. Milwaukee has also shown they can run GSW out of of the building. East is going to be fun.

I'm a Bucks fan and am hoping like hell that we make the Finals, but deep down, I expect it to be Boston or Toronto. I'm more worried about those two than Philly personally. I just think teams will adjust to Simmons in the playoffs like they did last year.

I'm a bit concerned about how the Bucks defense will adjust in the playoffs. It's worked tremendously well in the regular season, but their system basically has Brook Lopez just sit back in the paint when his man sets screens on the perimeter; I think teams will eventually expose that in a playoff series as long as they have guys that can pull up off the dribble/big guys that can catch and shoot. I'm afraid Brook eventually gets played off the court and his offensive capabilities is a huge part of the Bucks' success.

I think the Dubs might not lose a playoff game until the Finals.

Also crazy to think now the east is gonna give the Warriors their toughest series. But i expect it

I don't see another top team in the west. I dunno.
7B2D30B4-9492-46A4-A7AD-0CAC58C1D84A.gif

If Denver can find a way to get their full roster healthy they’ll be a tough out but there’s not any team in either side that I think can beat GS. There’s no shot Denver can do it unless Gary Harris, Jamal Murray, Will Barton, and maybe even IT can get fit. They also messed up at the deadline in not finding a way to upgrade over Trey Lyles who had another dismal game tonight.

And then there’s the slight chance that Paul George and Russ both go insane together for a full series and Adams does just enough inside but the Thunder just aren’t deep enough to really win a series against the Warriors.

Word out there that Tatum considering life as a pelican may not be all that bad. 2nd year guy acting more like a pro than many of the vets out there.

I still think Pels go for Tatum and Smart, draft picks and couple others. They will need to fill a big hole at the 4 spot now that they traded Niko but Holiday, Smart, Tatum, Okafor is a start. Like this rookie Williams from TCU who has been playing well too

Need a 4 that can shoot. Have to replace Niko

Word out there that Tatum considering life as a pelican may not be all that bad. 2nd year guy acting more like a pro than many of the vets out there.

I still think Pels go for Tatum and Smart, draft picks and couple others. They will need to fill a big hole at the 4 spot now that they traded Niko but Holiday, Smart, Tatum, Okafor is a start. Like this rookie Williams from TCU who has been playing well too

Need a 4 that can shoot. Have to replace Niko

It's still kind of odd to me that the Pelicans are considered such a small market, crap franchise in the NBA but the Saints aren't really considered small market in the NFL. They play literally a 5 iron away from each other in buildings that are equally not great. It's still such a young franchise and I guess since they have no history of success that there just wasn't ever a strong core fan base developed. Every game I go to usually has decent seats avail for under 20 bucks. Still, I can think of a lot of worse places to be in the league if I was a young famous African-American millionaire than NOLA. Hell, I can certainly think of more than are worse than better.

It's still kind of odd to me that the Pelicans are considered such a small market, crap franchise in the NBA but the Saints aren't really considered small market in the NFL. They play literally a 5 iron away from each other in buildings that are equally not great. It's still such a young franchise and I guess since they have no history of success that there just wasn't ever a strong core fan base developed. Every game I go to usually has decent seats avail for under 20 bucks. Still, I can think of a lot of worse places to be in the league if I was a young famous African-American millionaire than NOLA. Hell, I can certainly think of more than are worse than better.

I think you need some success on the court before you really see what the franchise can do. Will always be a football town first but it's tough to be a fan of a franchise that has no history, whose franchise players is demanding a trade and has never had much success. The next 3-4 years will be critical because I think while Gayle Benson is still the owner she will do what she can to keep them there and put a good product out there, what happens as she continues to get older and where the franchise goes next with regard to ownership and location could be a serious question moving forward.

I have a tough time believing that if the Pels had a few deep playoff runs that their wouldn't be a spike in attendance and interest. You would think they would be a solid smaller market on paper.

I think you need some success on the court before you really see what the franchise can do. Will always be a football town first but it's tough to be a fan of a franchise that has no history, whose franchise players is demanding a trade and has never had much success. The next 3-4 years will be critical because I think while Gayle Benson is still the owner she will do what she can to keep them there and put a good product out there, what happens as she continues to get older and where the franchise goes next with regard to ownership and location could be a serious question moving forward.

I have a tough time believing that if the Pels had a few deep playoff runs that their wouldn't be a spike in attendance and interest. You would think they would be a solid smaller market on paper.

Would really be something if Boogie's Achilles leads to the SuperSonics existing again and that is certainly in play here. That trade was a no brainer at the time and everyone was laughing at Vlade. Now I would kill for Hield, Tyreke and whoever would've been picked at #10. Hell, it probably would have been closer to #7 or 8 without Boogie and could've been Markkanen, either Collins, D.Mitchell, D.Smith, Monk, Bam. Who knows, they probably would've blew the pick any way, but it's miserable to look back at now. Add any of those guys with Hield to the current team and Davis probably isn't asking to leave because they'd be the 6 or 7 seed right now.

Small markets work a lot differently in the NFL vs the NBA though, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom