NBA 2018-2019 | Page 53 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

A lot of the young NBA guys love living in Houston for the nightlife. There's a reason Harden has found a home there and rappers spend a lot of time there. That helps a lot for attracting free agents. I'm with you on Atlanta and NOLA. If they build a contender they won't have any problem at all attracting free agent role players or supplemental pieces to fill out their roster. That's one of the areas where it makes the biggest difference when a star is trying to attract depth in free agency and he can sell them on living in some cities over others.

Toronto I think guys just don't like the idea of living in Canada but if Toronto was on the other side of the border its perception would be much different.

A lot of players who are a little older and are married with families love SLC. It's repuation around the league with guys is that if you're single and want the clubs and women SLC aint it but once you get married and have some kids it's one of the best NBA cities to raise a family.
SLC holds my favorite personal melting pot store. Two friends from law school: her, Boston Catholic, him, Long Island Jew, married at the Cornell chapel last year of school, and they moved to SLC to raise their family.

Great games tonight - Bos/Phi and Utah/Dubs.

Players only broadcast which isn't my favorite, though.

Great game between the Cs and 76ers. Both good teams. Well coached and fun to watch. Nice road W for the Cs.

Great game between the Cs and 76ers. Both good teams. Well coached and fun to watch. Nice road W for the Cs.
Celtics just matchup well against the Sixers because Horford can play Embiid tough.
It’s a bad matchup for the Sixers the Celtics matchup poorly with the Bucks.
I think the East will end up
1 Milwaukee
2. Toronto
3. Philadelphia
4. Boston
5. Indiana
6. Brooklyn
7. Miami
8. Charlotte
Second round onward will be good.

76ers now 1-7 against the Celtics, Bucks, and Raptors with the one win coming against the Raptors minus Kawhi, Valanciunas, Ibaka, and a hobbled Lowry.

Last edited:
Celtics just matchup well against the Sixers because Horford can play Embiid tough.
It’s a bad matchup for the Sixers the Celtics matchup poorly with the Bucks.
I think the East will end up
1 Milwaukee
2. Toronto
3. Philadelphia
4. Boston
5. Indiana
6. Brooklyn
7. Miami
8. Charlotte
Second round onward will be good.

I think you're right on the 1-8. I think the Nets/76ers could be a fun matchup (I don't think the Nets would win).

Dubs are 18-2 in the last twenty. Really hope someone can give them some sort of challenge but I'm seeing it less and less.

What's weird about the AD situation is he is married and has a kid, and also a very low key guy for the most part. He also has appeared to like NOLA up until now. If his issues are basketball related that is understandable but with the Klutch sports signing it's obviously just been a master plan to play for the Lakers and LeBron from day one and that is why people are so irritated. The old don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

He has every right to play his hand but so do the Pelicans
He went to Kentucky - he has been wise to how the game is played for a long time.

Heat may give people problems if Dion can recover his explosiveness

Can't see any of the bottom 4 seeds in the East really being able to do much of anything. The only shot of there being a good 1st round matchup went away when Oladipo got hurt.

I think Miami is shaping up to be the easiest out in the playoffs tbh if they even make it. I still have probably more faith than I should in Detroit to beat Miami and Orlando out for the last spot.

Watching the C’s-76ers why don’t teams defend Ben Simmons like the Celtics do?
They let him shoot it and sag off him in the halfcourt. Simmons really is a better version of Michael Carter Williams his shooting is really poor.

Last edited:
Watching the C’s-76ers why don’t teams defend Ben Simmons like the Celtics do?
They let him shoot it and sag off him in the halfcourt. Simmons really is a better version of Michael Carter Williams his shooting is really poor.

I think that’s how most people try to defend him. He just generally doesn’t settle for jumpers and when you sag off like that, you run the risk of him becoming a screener freeing shooters up for wide open shots

New Balance and Kawhi taking shots at Harden? You’ll know exactly what part I’m talking about.

Great ad by the way, IMO.

Some might say I'm getting just a little ahead of myself, but I'm not trading Zion and Mitch for Anthony Davis.

Some might say I'm getting just a little ahead of myself, but I'm not trading Zion and Mitch for Anthony Davis.

I'd still do it in a heartbeat if you know you're getting Durant + another star too. I'd add significantly more than just Mitch in too.

I'd still do it in a heartbeat if you know you're getting Durant + another star too. I'd add significantly more than just Mitch in too.

On paper alone could the Knicks actually sign KD, AD and Kyrie for next year?

Even though I think Zion is going to be a bust, I think it's a smart play to have a guy on a rookie deal that can be an all-star level player.

I just despise this mentality from stars that the only guys worth playing with are other established stars.

On paper alone could the Knicks actually sign KD, AD and Kyrie for next year?

I think they technically can but it's super close. The roster leftover would basically be those three, Dameyon Dotson, and whatever guys they can scoop up with minimum contracts and exceptions.

Even if they can only swing Durant and Davis as the stars, I would still love to build around that. You're talking about, when healthy, probably two of the top 5 players in the NBA in the prime of their careers.

Dell Demps is gone. Pelicans now realizing they played themselves. Could’ve had the Lakers entire young core as your starting 5, plus a couple picks, with heavy cap space on the horizon. Ship out Holiday and other vets. Oh well. Enjoy the rest of the season. Not everybody can afford to act like Pop.

Dell Demps is gone. Pelicans now realizing they played themselves. Could’ve had the Lakers entire young core as your starting 5, plus a couple picks, with heavy cap space on the horizon. Ship out Holiday and other vets. Oh well. Enjoy the rest of the season. Not everybody can afford to act like Pop.

I think any definitive statements on the Pelicans playing themselves has to wait until this fiasco plays out. The Lakers " young core" is hardly a sure thing or a homerun. You must be a Lakers fan.

Demps has been the GM since 2010 and it's probably time for a change. Probably best that the new GM make the Davis deal. Actually think the Pels have done right here. Demps also left Gentry out on an island dealing with all this blowback and crap for past 3 weeks. Demps preaches accountability but maybe he should have been looking in the mirror

I think any definitive statements on the Pelicans playing themselves has to wait until this fiasco plays out. The Lakers " young core" is hardly a sure thing or a homerun. You must be a Lakers fan.

So now they got AD, they want to tank, they apparently have to play a healthy AD or they get fined, AD is leaving games with his agent to go get an MRI without the coach even knowing, the team has quit and they know AD is out...and they’re not getting a better offer than what they already got. They are a complete mess right now. Should’ve just traded him.

I am a Lakers fan...and I thought we were giving up too much.

That core won 35 games in the brutal west last year, when they were still extremely young.(including Randle, who NO already has.). That core plus picks plus cap space is not a bad place at all to be in considering they were never more than a .500 team with AD. They’ve never made the moves that successful franchises make. They had a great chance to hit the reset button. They were too busy taking things personal, it seems.

So now they got AD, they want to tank, they apparently have to play a healthy AD or they get fined, AD is leaving games with his agent to go get an MRI without the coach even knowing, the team has quit and they know AD is out...and they’re not getting a better offer than what they already got. They are a complete mess right now. Should’ve just traded him.

I am a Lakers fan...and I thought we were giving up too much.

That core won 35 games in the brutal west last year, when they were still extremely young.(including Randle, who NO already has.). That core plus picks plus cap space is not a bad place at all to be in considering they were never more than a .500 team with AD. They’ve never made the moves that successful franchises make. They had a great chance to hit the reset button. They were too busy taking things personal, it seems.

" should have just traded him" Like I said remains to be seen but if they hire a new GM who is reporting directly to the team owner that GM will have a ton of power and responsibility. The new GM should be the one to deal a top 5 player and pave the way for the future. It's much more appealing to a new GM to have that asset going in.

AD and Klutch made the mess, Pels have every right to do what they have done as Klucth has done everything they can do to poison the environment and force the Pels hand to trade AD to the Lakers. Just don't think Gayle Benson and Loomis wanted to eat their poop. Loomis has to be looked at as almost a minority owner at this point, clearly he is trusted by the Bensons

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom