NBA 2018-2019 | Page 82 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I mean, you can keep lying to yourself about this if you want. I'm not even certain it would hurt Boston to trade him. But to convince yourself given the totality of the circumstances around Hayward that it wouldn't look horrible for Boston to trade him seems strange.
I am not fighting anything. I disagree with your opinion. Your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine.
If Gordon Heyward can’t be traded for a better player because it would be perceived as him being done dirty is just stupid IMO.

So if LeBron James demanded a trade or Durant wanted to come to Boston.
The team couldn’t trade Heyward for either because FAs would say Boston will trade me for a better player?

If this narrative has any legs it’s beyond stupid. Demand a no-trade clause. Players will go where they can win or the weather is good.

I am not fighting anything. I disagree with your opinion. Your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine.
If Gordon Heyward can’t be traded for a better player because it would be perceived as him being done dirty is just stupid IMO.

So if LeBron James demanded a trade or Durant wanted to come to Boston.
The team couldn’t trade Heyward for either because FAs would say Boston will trade me for a better player?

If this narrative has any legs it’s beyond stupid. Demand a no-trade clause. Players will go where they can win or the weather is good.
You're completely dismissing the relationship with the coach.

Hayward can be dealt after 2 years with minimal repercussions. Sending him to Golden State would be quite a gift for him. Chances of that happening are similar to the chances of me being traded there though.

As I've made clear, I don't think Durant will opt for Boston anyways, but yeah, I don't think Boston's reputation will suffer if they trade Hayward, who probably isn't perceived as all that valuable on his current contract, for a top 3 player in the NBA. All 30 teams would make that trade in a heartbeat if given the opportunity.

If the Lakers don’t sign a premier FA and the Sixers lose in the second round. I would go to LeBron and try to trade to Philadelphia for Ben Simmons.

If the Lakers don’t sign a premier FA and the Sixers lose in the second round. I would go to LeBron and try to trade to Philadelphia for Ben Simmons.

Rich isn't letting that happen without both players being completely ok with it, which I guess is somewhat possible.

I don't foresee the Lakers trading LeBron. I don't really foresee Philly trading Simmons either, though I think it's something they should seriously consider. Potentially ColdTakesExposed stuff here, but I don't think you can win a championship with a team built around Simmons and Embiid; I think there's too much clashing between their skillsets and personalities.

I don't foresee the Lakers trading LeBron. I don't really foresee Philly trading Simmons either, though I think it's something they should seriously consider. Potentially ColdTakes e xposed stuff here, but I don't think you can win a championship with a team built around Simmons and Embiid; I think there's too much clashing between their skillsets and personalities.

I don't think that you can either unless you had 3 absolute knockdown shooters surrounding them at all times and even that probably still wouldn't work. Butler certainly doesn't qualify as he's average at best from 3. There will just never be enough space on the floor with those 2 needing to occupy the same area in order to be at their best. It's wild so far that Butler is +38 and Simmons is +2 through 2 games.

i wonder: if the warriors lose durant, they will pivot and woo kawhi? they can't offer him a max and re-sign klay at the same time, but they can give him a generous offer below the max with a first year opt out, then re-sign him next year when draymond & iggy have their deals expire.

i wonder: if the warriors lose durant, they will pivot and woo kawhi? they can't offer him a max and re-sign klay at the same time, but they can give him a generous offer below the max with a first year opt out, then re-sign him next year when draymond & iggy have their deals expire.

Even if Durant walks, Golden State will be over the cap. Unless you’re saying they should let both Durant and Klay walk...then they have some cap space but still nowhere near enough to garner any consideration.

Even if Durant walks, Golden State will be over the cap. Unless you’re saying they should let both Durant and Klay walk...then they have some cap space but still nowhere near enough to garner any consideration.
if durant opts out & they don't pick up livingston's option, their salaries for next season total ~$82 million

you can go over the cap to re-sign your own f.a., so they could first sign kawhi then klay then fill out the roster with minimum salary vets

if durant opts out & they don't pick up livingston's option, their salaries for next season total ~$82 million

you can go over the cap to re-sign your own f.a., so they could first sign kawhi then klay then fill out the roster with minimum salary vets

Don't think it works that way. They would still have a cap hold for Klay that would kick in if they were to get below the cap. Only way to really get below would require them to renounce Klay and lose his Bird rights which certainly isn't happening.

If you use the bird rights to sign Klay, then you need to account for his cap hold, which looks to be about $28 million, so they would still have no chance at Kawhi

Cap holds stop that. Klay will have a significant cap hold signed or not.

MCW didn't have a great game, but they really seem to be okay with Toronto demolishing him in this series. Haha, Gasol lowered a shoulder into a his face and another no-call. He's taken a couple really decent head shots without a foul being called this series.

This Pascal Siakam character on Toronto is good. Officiating in this series is kind of garbage in 2 of 3 games, unusual for the NBA (and not because of the MCW stuff - just generally).

So Danny Ainge is going to try and convince Durant to consider the Celtics with Kyrie.
He would offer Hayward/Brown and draft picks to facilitate a sign and trade with Golden State.

So Durant will have more than just the Knicks to consider in FA.
If you just look at the numbers, why keep Kyrie? Just to try to land Durant?

Lillard may will the blazers to the final if the rockets get past the warriors

Portland / OKC is a fun series. Russ and Dame are bringing some heat.

Agreed. It’s pulled out strong rooting interests in me. Even with Jerami Grant on OKC, I’m pulling for Portland.

I find Lillard likable/respectable and like watching him, and I find Westbrook repulsive in all aspects. It’s really as simple as that.

Funny thing is, right after Westbrook started talking Dame went off for 25 pts in the 3rd quarter.

Westbrook played great too and backed it up. But Dame has outplayed him in the series. Shroder started talking at the end of the game too. These losers are down 0-2 and as soon as they have a “safe” lead in a game they start running their mouths. Frontrunner BS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom