2. Houston
3. Oklahoma City
T. 4 LA Lakers
T. 4 Utah
6. Denver
7. New Orleans
8. Minnesota

DkFB_5TX4AAKmXp

There’s at least 10 other teams I’d rather watch than the Knicks in that spot. New York market and all, I guess...but I feel like the Christmas Day lineup sells itself. That Knicks team is just not very intriguing to the average NBA fan right now.

Even if they’re keeping it to the East - give us Toronto with Kawhi. Give us a solid young team like Indiana. Even Washington is a better team with more star power. Chicago is more intriguing (IMO) and in a major market too.

There’s at least 10 other teams I’d rather watch than the Knicks in that spot. New York market and all, I guess...but I feel like the Christmas Day lineup sells itself. That Knicks team is just not very intriguing to the average NBA fan right now.

Even if they’re keeping it to the East - give us Toronto with Kawhi. Give us a solid young team like Indiana. Even Washington is a better team with more star power. Chicago is more intriguing (IMO) and in a major market too.
I honestly think it’s because NYC has a large Jewish population. So playing on Christmas doesn’t bother Knicks fans and also a Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving vibe. They play on Turkey day so the crap Knicks will play on Christmas.

First week TV schedule
Oct. 16 76ers-Celtics 8 TNT
Thunder -Warriors 10:30

Oct. 17 Pelicans -Rockets 8 ESPN
Mavericks -Suns 10:30

Oct. 18 Bulls-76ers 8 TNT
Oct. 18 Lakers-Blazers 10:30

Oct. 19 Celtics -Raptors 8 ESPN
Warriors - Jazz 10:30 ET

Oct. 20 Raptors-Wizards 7 NBATV.,
Rockets-Lakers 10:30 ET ESPN

Oct. 21Rockets-Clippers 9 NBATV

San Antonio adds an All NBA player to their roster and they now aren't making the playoffs?

LOL.

San Antonio adds an All NBA player to their roster and they now aren't making the playoffs?

LOL.

The West is a monster. Betting against the Spurs is a tough one. But there’s a good 10-11 playoff caliber teams on paper out there.

The West is a monster. Betting against the Spurs is a tough one. But there’s a good 10-11 playoff caliber teams on paper out there.

I honestly don't understand how Minny is in the playoffs with Thibs as coach and Jimmy wanting to get the F out of there.

Denver? New Orleans? Come on.

I honestly don't understand how Minny is in the playoffs with Thibs as coach and Jimmy wanting to get the out of there.

Denver? New Orleans? Come on.

Minnesota could be a big disappointment with those factors. But they’ve got 2 All NBA caliber guys.

I don’t have a lot of faith in NO, but Davis is a legit top 5 player type. The Spurs don’t have that.

I like Denver quite a bit just looking at the roster on paper.

Probably foolish to have all 3 of them in the playoffs and not the Spurs, but it wouldn’t completely shock me.

Minnesota could be a big disappointment with those factors. But they’ve got 2 All NBA caliber guys.

I don’t have a lot of faith in NO, but Davis is a legit top 5 player type. The Spurs don’t have that.

I like Denver quite a bit just looking at the roster on paper.

Probably foolish to have all 3 of them in the playoffs and not the Spurs, but it wouldn’t completely shock me.

Fair. I just think the Spurs system will get them into the playoffs and I think some of these Western teams are being overrated (especially Minny).

If NO starts out poorly, would AD be a trade candidate mid year of someone is going to throw the kitchen sink to get him?

Fair. I just think the Spurs system will get them into the playoffs and I think some of these Western teams are being overrated (especially Minny).

If NO starts out poorly, would AD be a trade candidate mid year of someone is going to throw the kitchen sink to get him?
Boston is lying in the weeds for both KAT and Anthony Davis.
Horford’s contract + Brown + one
Smart/Rozier + 2019 Sacramento pick I doubt there is a better package outside of Phoenix cashing in there youth..

I was kind of surprised to see the Knicks on Christmas. They have kinda had a lock on that noon game the last 5 years or so though. Also surprising Warriors-Lakers is on ESPN and not ABC?

Kevin Pelton kind of made me think on the Spurs, he projects them for like 39 wins, which is kinda low, but they did lose 2 starters (Green and slow mo were third and fifth in minutes last year) and possible hot take that I don't know if I believe but i'm gonna say: maybe DDR isn't that good? The Raps have played better without him for like 4 years in a row. Weird, right?

It's the Spurs, Pop is a wizard. They will probably make the playoffs. But I'm a little lower on them now.

I was kind of surprised to see the Knicks on Christmas. They have kinda had a lock on that noon game the last 5 years or so though. Also surprising Warriors-Lakers is on ESPN and not ABC?

Kevin Pelton kind of made me think on the Spurs, he projects them for like 39 wins, which is kinda low, but they did lose 2 starters (Green and slow mo were third and fifth in minutes last year) and possible hot take that I don't know if I believe but i'm gonna say: maybe DDR isn't that good? The Raps have played better without him for like 4 years in a row. Weird, right?

It's the Spurs, Pop is a wizard. They will probably make the playoffs. But I'm a little lower on them now.
Lakers-Warriors is being simulcast on both ABC and ESPN.
ESPN obviously asked for that and I guess the NBA just wants the game available on free tv and doesn’t care if it’s on ESPN as well.

I’ve been a big Danny Green fan (kept drafting him in fantasy). But he wasn’t good last year.

DDR has continued to get better every year, was an mvp candidate and all-NBA.

Slo-mo was good, for sure. Great passing. Tough loss. But the Spurs atlre trying to get more athletic with Metu and White and Walker.

I think DDR gets a bad rap. Yeah, he underperformed in the playoffs and kept losing to LeBron, but talking about regular season, not sure how he isn’t a major step up for the Spurs.

I’ve been a big Danny Green fan (kept drafting him in fantasy). But he wasn’t good last year.

DDR has continued to get better every year, was an mvp candidate and all-NBA.

Slo-mo was good, for sure. Great passing. Tough loss. But the Spurs atlre trying to get more athletic with Metu and White and Walker.

I think DDR gets a bad rap. Yeah, he underperformed in the playoffs and kept losing to LeBron, but talking about regular season, not sure how he isn’t a major step up for the Spurs.

He probably is. And he definitely has been improving. Just' 6 years in a row the Raps have been better when he sits. At least gives me pause. But, he improved last year, especially with the 3, which I could see making him a better fit, and Pop is a wizard ,like I said. So, there's that

LOL.

Demar Derozan is a phony all star.

Last edited:
Demar Derozan MVP Candidate. What? Almost every analytic shows he is overrated.

The most important factors to the Raptors success are Kyle Lowry and their deep bench. Demar gets the glory because of the PPG.. hardly means he deserves it.

Demar might be the piece to bring down the Spurs. Their long 2 offence of Derozan, Aldridge and Rudy Gay will not work in the current NBA... Pop or not.

Butler would’ve made more sense for the Spurs. Demar’s not it.

Demar Derozan is a phony all star.

A 2nd team All-NBA player is a phony all star?

He's a 4x all-star, 1x 3rd team All-NBA and last year's 1x 2nd team All-NBA who just had his highest career year in assists.

But somehow he isn't going to help improve upon Danny Green with an all-time coach in Pop?

Do people realize Kawhi barely played last year and wasn't 100% when he did play in the 9 games he played?

A guy who is on pace to make the HoF will be the guy that brings down the Spurs?

I honestly think it’s because NYC has a large Jewish population. So playing on Christmas doesn’t bother Knicks fans and also a Detroit Lions on Thanksgiving vibe. They play on Turkey day so the crap Knicks will play on Christmas.

That Noon Christmas day Knicks game has happened so many years in a row it's become

That ESPN article where Morey says that LeBron is the best ever by a big margin...

I got a problem with this paragraph:

James has three titles to Jordan's six, and four MVP titles to Jordan's five. At 33, James continues to play at near-peak levels deep into his career. ESPN's conclusion was that to the extent it's close now, James' eventual superiority is all but inevitable.

“Eventual superiority”? Huh? I assume we’ve already seen the best from each of them. It’s not a “who was great for the longest” debate. And if it is, then neither of them are the best...Kareem is. 6 titles and 6 MVP’s. That’s better than 6 and 5 or 4 and 3, if that’s what you’re boiling it down to, ESPN. Sick of him being completely ignored.

That ESPN article where Morey says that LeBron is the best ever by a big margin...

I got a problem with this paragraph:

James has three titles to Jordan's six, and four MVP titles to Jordan's five. At 33, James continues to play at near-peak levels deep into his career. ESPN's conclusion was that to the extent it's close now, James' eventual superiority is all but inevitable.

“Eventual superiority”? Huh? I assume we’ve already seen the best from each of them. It’s not a “who was great for the longest” debate. And if it is, then neither of them are the best...Kareem is. 6 titles and 6 MVP’s. That’s better than 6 and 5 or 4 and 3, if that’s what you’re boiling it down to, ESPN. Sick of him being completely ignored.

Kareem's longevity is astounding. Agree he's a little overlooked when it comes to goat talk. Lebron might give him a run for his money though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom