NBA 2018-2019 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

That ESPN article where Morey says that LeBron is the best ever by a big margin...

I got a problem with this paragraph:

James has three titles to Jordan's six, and four MVP titles to Jordan's five. At 33, James continues to play at near-peak levels deep into his career. ESPN's conclusion was that to the extent it's close now, James' eventual superiority is all but inevitable.

“Eventual superiority”? Huh? I assume we’ve already seen the best from each of them. It’s not a “who was great for the longest” debate. And if it is, then neither of them are the best...Kareem is. 6 titles and 6 MVP’s. That’s better than 6 and 5 or 4 and 3, if that’s what you’re boiling it down to, ESPN. Sick of him being completely ignored.
I agree with almost all of that. I will say, my personal opinion on what matters most, is consistency, and longevity.

I agree with almost all of that. I will say, my personal opinion on what matters most, is consistency, and longevity.

Yeah, my thing is...you can’t decide LeBron is better than Jordan due to longevity and then not account for Kareem.

Like, if you decided Jordan was better than Kareem it was because he won the same number of rings, and 1 less MVP in far less seasons and was more spectacular(not debatable) and better (debatable) at his peak. Ok fine...if those are your standards for GOAT, then how can you switch up and say LeBron is or will be goat because he will eventually outlast those accomplishments through longevity...,unless he passes Kareem’s longevity accomplishments too.

Yeah, my thing is...you can’t decide LeBron is better than Jordan due to longevity and then not account for Kareem.

Like, if you decided Jordan was better than Kareem it was because he won the same number of rings, and 1 less MVP in far less seasons and was more spectacular(not debatable) and better (debatable) at his peak. Ok fine...if those are your standards for GOAT, then how can you switch up and say LeBron is or will be goat because he will eventually outlast those accomplishments through longevity...,unless he passes Kareem’s longevity accomplishments too.
Agreed, I should have added the 3rd thing, accomplishments also. I meant in addition to accomplishments. So yeah, I already said when the trade happened, I can't really say LJ would be the best Laker ever, and to get crazy, might be top 3.

1 year ago today was the Kyrie trade between Boston and Cleveland?
Who won the trade?
IMO
The Lakers did. This trade broke up the Cavs and when Isaiah Thomas didn’t fit with the team forced the subsequent trade to LA which opened a second max slot for the Lakers. Which they will use next offseason and pushed LeBron out of the East.

I score the trade winners
1. Lakers
2. Celtics
3. Cavs

Remember that weird story about Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher and a woman named Gloria Govan?

It's getting weirder.

Sports Illustrated did it's annual rankings of the top 100 players along with blurbs for each of them. Always a fun read IMO.

Link: Top 100 NBA Players: Ranking LeBron, KD and more

Ranked by position:
Point Guard
  1. Steph Curry
  2. Russell Westbrook
  3. Chris Paul
  4. Damian Lillard
  5. Kyrie Irving
  6. Kyle Lowry
  7. John Wall
  8. Ben Simmons
  9. Jrue Holiday
  10. Kemba Walker
Shooting Guard
  1. James Harden
  2. Victor Oladipo
  3. Klay Thompson
  4. Bradley Beal
  5. Khris Middleton
  6. DeMar Derozan
  7. C.J. McCollum
  8. Donovan Mitchell
  9. Gary Harris
  10. Eric Gordon
Small Forward
  1. Lebron James
  2. Kevin Durant
  3. Jimmy Butler
  4. Paul George
  5. Kawhi Leonard
  6. Gordon Hayward
  7. Jayson Tatum
  8. Otto Porter
  9. Jaylen Brown
  10. Robert Covington
Power Forward
  1. Anthony Davis
  2. Giannis Antetokounmpo
  3. Draymond Green
  4. Kevin Love
  5. Paul Millsap
  6. Blake Griffin
  7. Derrick Favors
  8. Kristaps Porzingis
  9. Dario Saric
  10. Nikola Mirotic
Center
  1. Joel Embiid
  2. Rudy Gobert
  3. Al Horford
  4. Nikola Jokic
  5. Karl-Anthony Towns
  6. LaMarcus Aldridge
  7. Clint Capela
  8. Steven Adams
  9. Marc Gasol
  10. DeAndre Jordan

Sports Illustrated did it's annual rankings of the top 100 players along with blurbs for each of them. Always a fun read IMO.

Ranked by position:
Point Guard
  1. Steph Curry
  2. Russell Westbrook
  3. Chris Paul
  4. Damian Lillard
  5. Kyrie Irving
  6. Kyle Lowry
  7. John Wall
  8. Ben Simmons
  9. Jrue Holiday
  10. Kemba Walker
Shooting Guard
  1. James Harden
  2. Victor Oladipo
  3. Klay Thompson
  4. Bradley Beal
  5. Khris Middleton
  6. DeMar Derozan
  7. C.J. McCollum
  8. Donovan Mitchell
  9. Gary Harris
  10. Eric Gordon
Small Forward
  1. Lebron James
  2. Kevin Durant
  3. Jimmy Butler
  4. Paul George
  5. Kawhi Leonard
  6. Gordon Hayward
  7. Jayson Tatum
  8. Otto Porter
  9. Jaylen Brown
  10. Robert Covington
Power Forward
  1. Anthony Davis
  2. Giannis Antetokounmpo
  3. Draymond Green
  4. Kevin Love
  5. Paul Millsap
  6. Blake Griffin
  7. Derrick Favors
  8. Kristaps Porzingis
  9. Dario Saric
  10. Nikola Mirotic
Center
  1. Joel Embiid
  2. Rudy Gobert
  3. Al Horford
  4. Nikola Jokic
  5. Karl-Anthony Towns
  6. LaMarcus Aldridge
  7. Clint Capela
  8. Steven Adams
  9. Marc Gasol
  10. DeAndre Jordan
Celtics have 6 players on this list and honestly I don’t think Marcus Morris and Marcus Smart are tok far off

Lol Al Horford over Kyrie Irving.
List is stupid and loses credibility.
I would take Kyrie over Lillard but atleast that is debatable.

Celtics have 6 players on this list and honestly I don’t think Marcus Morris and Marcus Smart are tok far off
Scary Terry 82nd
Jaylen Brown 47th
Jayson Tatum 39th
Gordon Heyward 25th
Kyrie Irving 18th
Al Horford 17th

Al that high is insane.

Ranked by position:
Small Forward
  1. Lebron James
  2. Kevin Durant
  3. Jimmy Butler
  4. Paul George
  5. Kawhi Leonard
  6. Gordon Hayward
  7. Jayson Tatum
  8. Otto Porter
  9. Jaylen Brown
  10. Robert Covington
Wow, where have you gone Carmelo Anthony?? I truly hope he uses all these hits to have a great season. (That said, he was horrible last year, so I totally get it. )

Scary Terry 82nd
Jaylen Brown 47th
Jayson Tatum 39th
Gordon Heyward 25th
Kyrie Irving 18th
Al Horford 17th

Al that high is insane.
After last year and his postseason success he should be in the 20s with Gordon. Im surprised kyrie’s not top 12

Wow, where have you gone Carmelo Anthony?? I truly hope he uses all these hits to have a great season. (That said, he was horrible last year, so I totally get it. )
Where art thou Dion?!

I don't think he was even close to being in the top 100 overall list unfortunately.

LOL

Post remark EDITS - I was going to say if Boston fan thinks Smart is near top 100, then they better accept that Siakem and Van Vleet are near the top 100 as well. I then noticed Van Vleet is actually in the top 100, so I will correct myself and say Smart is probably not that far off.

#80-#100 is not that great a list of players.

Last edited:
LOL

Post remark EDIT - I was going to say if Boston fan thinks Smart is near top 100, then they better accept that Siakem and Van Vleet are near the top 100 as well. Since Van Vleet is actually in the top 100, I will correct myself and say Smart is probably not that far off.
Smart is a guy who is a valuable role player on a good team. His value isn’t that great on an average team.
Rozier is probably a bottom half starting PG in the league. I think the ranking is fair.

Smart’s impact doesn’t show up on stat sheets. That being said I wish he’d improve his shot selection.

Jimmy Butler wants to be traded to one of the Knicks, Nets, Clippers.

What could the Knicks give up? If you guys want Kyrie you should make this trade.
If he goes West or Brooklyn you wouldn’t get Kyrie.

Jimmy Butler wants to be traded to one of the Knicks, Nets, Clippers.

What could the Knicks give up? If you guys want Kyrie you should make this trade.
If he goes West or Brooklyn you wouldn’t get Kyrie.

The obvious assets are Knox, Frank, Mitchell Robinson, and draft picks. Knicks would also have to include salaries such as Noah, Kanter, Hardaway, or Lee.

The obvious assets are Knox, Frank, Mitchell Robinson, and draft picks. Knicks would also have to include salaries such as Noah, Kanter, Hardaway, or Lee.
I would love to see a Kanter and Thibs Bromance.

Thibs' head would explode seeing Kanter play "defense."

This T-Wolves thing is a complete shitshow and the teams 3 most visible players (I refuse to call Wiggins a “star”) and coach all come off completely unlikable in it.

Though one thing is indisputable...that team completely folded when Butler got hurt. He was leading them to wins like they haven’t seen since Latrell Sprewell played for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom