NBA 2018-2019 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

More takes. I don't want Jimmy Butler. Don't have a good feeling about him

I’d want him but maybe not at the price he’ll come at. You need him to choke somebody important in Minnesota so you can get him on the cheap, like with Sprewell.

Butler’s grown on me. He wants to be on a contender and grow as a player. Minnesota was stagnant water

I’d want him but maybe not at the price he’ll come at. You need him to choke somebody important in Minnesota so you can get him on the cheap, like with Sprewell.

It's more for the Knicks I don't want him. He's a really good player but the Knicks are at least throwing in the towel on this season. The idea of giving him 5/190 scares me

I'd gladly take him on the Bucks but I can understand not wanting to be paying Butler $30-40 million per year into his 30s on what's currently a rebuilding team. On the flipside though, the rumor has always been that Kyrie and Butler want to play together, so theoretically, if you could swing a deal for Butler, you could end up with Kyrie, Butler, Porzingis, Knox, and a high draft pick this year and suddenly you're a legit threat in the East.

However the Butler thing goes down, I just want Thibs to not like the team he has left. That dude bothers me.

Would love Butler on the Celtics, whereas this time last year I hated the idea.

Personality wise he reminds me of OKC Durant. Wants to surround himself with hungry players, and successful vets rather than the Wiggins, Thibs and KAT of the world.

He's redundant on the Celtics.

True but i’ve never minded an embarrasment of riches, when those riches share a combined goal of ‘ship over spotlight

I’d love to see Butler somehow end up with the Rockets...and then leave.

In this scenario, I’d like to see them dethrone the Warriors and win it all. Melo gets a title. Then Butler leaves and the Rockets have already mortgaged the future to trade for him, gradually clearing them out of the Lakers way by the time the Lakers are ready to really win in 2-3 years.

It's more for the Knicks I don't want him. He's a really good player but the Knicks are at least throwing in the towel on this season. The idea of giving him 5/190 scares me

As a fellow Knick fan I second that opinion.

I’d love to see Butler somehow end up with the Rockets...and then leave.

In this scenario, I’d like to see them dethrone the Warriors and win it all. Melo gets a title. Then Butler leaves and the Rockets have already mortgaged the future to trade for him, gradually clearing them out of the Lakers way by the time the Lakers are ready to really win in 2-3 years.

I agree with all of this except that Laker garbage;).

I agree with all of this except that Laker garbage;).

Ha, I get it. They’ve won an awwwwful lot, lol.

As always I plan on being extra merciless to fake Laker bandwagon riders which given how people follow LeBron around, will be even worse than it was in the last two title eras.

My original go to was “if you weren’t a fan when Sedale Threatt was our best player, I don’t want to hear it.”

Then it was “if you weren’t a fan when Smush Parker was our PG, I don’t want to hear it”.

After the last 5 years, my options for weeding them out are numerous.

Ha, I get it. They’ve won an awwwwful lot, lol.

As always I plan on being extra merciless to fake Laker bandwagon riders which given how people follow LeBron around, will be even worse than it was in the last two title eras.

My original go to was “if you weren’t a fan when Sedale Threatt was our best player, I don’t want to hear it.”

Then it was “if you weren’t a fan when Smush Parker was our PG, I don’t want to hear it”.

After the last 5 years, my options for weeding them out are numerous.

I know a guy I grew up with who was the biggest Kobe fan and even named his dog after him.

Now he's a huge Steph Curry fan and tries to say he's still a Laker fan smh.

Interested to see how he handles that now that Lebron is on the Lakers because he couldn't stand him at every other stop.

I have no problem if people follow only certain players as long as they admit it, but yeah the Lebronafanatics are a bit much sometimes.

I know a guy I grew up with who was the biggest Kobe fan and even named his dog after him.

Now he's a huge Steph Curry fan and tries to say he's still a Laker fan smh.

Interested to see how he handles that now that Lebron is on the Lakers because he couldn't stand him at every other stop.

I have no problem if people follow only certain players as long as they admit it, but yeah the Lebronafanatics are a bit much sometimes.

Yeah, if your team sucks or is basically tanking I can see following and getting into rooting for other teams that are in the mix as like a secondary team. And a huge basketball fan can find other teams enjoyable if they have likable players and are fun to watch. There’s lots of teams that I’ve liked watching and rooting for quite a bit, usually for a year or two.

You can’t just hop on the best team and start claiming them though. Cmon.

I get crap about being a Laker fan from CNY. Magic was my favorite player. Also I was more of a Ceballos fan in the early 90's

Would love Butler on the Celtics, whereas this time last year I hated the idea.

Personality wise he reminds me of OKC Durant. Wants to surround himself with hungry players, and successful vets rather than the Wiggins, Thibs and KAT of the world.
If Kyrie demanded it they would do it.
But Kyrie gave Danny the unofficial official I plan on staying so Butler isn’t needed.
Kyrie doesn’t want to be bullied but he sees the Celtics roster and realizes with the fact they can give him the most money he is going to stay unless there is a serious issue during the season.

Butler is likely going to Miami from what I have read.

If Kyrie demanded it they would do it.
But Kyrie gave Danny the unofficial official I plan on staying so Butler isn’t needed.
Kyrie doesn’t want to be bullied but he sees the Celtics roster and realizes with the fact they can give him the most money he is going to stay unless there is a serious issue during the season.

Butler is likely going to Miami from what I have read.

As a Knick fan I want no part of Kyrie tbh. Way too many knee issues.

I get crap about being a Laker fan from CNY. Magic was my favorite player. Also I was more of a Ceballos fan in the early 90's

That 94-95 Laker team where Ceballos was an all star is one of my all time favorite sports teams to root for. Overachieving and exciting to watch.

Nick Van Exel was my favorite. Loved Eddie Jones too.

And yeah, Magic was what did it for me too when I was first old enough to follow.

But I didn’t hop from Magic to Jordan to Shaq to LeBron to Curry the way some of these people do. I rooted for Shaq and now LeBron because they joined my team!

Yeah, he’s a great overall offensive player but I think it’s his quickness off the dribble combined with his handle are what truly make him special, so the knee is scary stuff.

Even extremely skilled guys can become pretty ordinary when they physically lose a step.

That 94-95 Laker team where Ceballos was an all star is one of my all time favorite sports teams to root for. Overachieving and exciting to watch.

Nick Van Exel was my favorite. Loved Eddie Jones too.

And yeah, Magic was what did it for me too when I was first old enough to follow.

But I didn’t hop from Magic to Jordan to Shaq to LeBron to Curry the way some of these people do. I rooted for Shaq and now LeBron because they joined my team!

I will confess my family followed the Lakers in the 80's and the Knicks in the 90's, but that was a product of my mother going to high school with Pat Riley and my grandfather and his father were friends. Before my time, but a lot of the late 60's and early 70's Lakers spent time in my grandfathers bar in Schenectady.

I will confess my family followed the Lakers in the 80's and the Knicks in the 90's, but that was a product of my mother going to high school with Pat Riley and my grandfather and his father were friends. Before my time, but a lot of the late 60's and early 70's Lakers spent time in my grandfathers bar in Schenectady.

Ha. Personal connections are exceptions to the rule!

Yeah I think the Knicks would take him but Boston makes sense for him as Stevens can protect his defense and he will have a capable backup in Smart for the next 3 years which would protect his playing time.

Kyrie is smart. While I think he will weigh his options I don’t see him leaving.

I doubt it. Stars don't go East.
I don’t think he would sign an extension but Miami would rent him and try to get him to stay after the season.
Whiteside is a Thibs player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom