NBA 2018-2019 | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

Since I think Toronto would lose game one at home to Boston in Eastern conference finals I now think Milwaukee- Boston in the second round will be the real Eastern conference finals that series winner will go to the finals.

Since I think Toronto would lose game one at home to Boston in Eastern conference finals I now think Milwaukee- Boston in the second round will be the real Eastern conference finals that series winner will go to the finals.

Trying to keep my optimism down, I think I would consider Toronto the favorites to win the East still, followed by Milwaukee and Boston in that order. I don't really see Philly has a contender personally and the other East teams clearly are not.

Trying to keep my optimism down, I think I would consider Toronto the favorites to win the East still, followed by Milwaukee and Boston in that order. I don't really see Philly has a contender personally and the other East teams clearly are not.
Kyle Lowry will kill Toronto.
Orlando exposed Marc Gasol in the pick and roll. I don’t see them as the favorite.
Milwaukee is the favorite. I would put Boston and Toronto after but I think Boston has a deeper roster and would be the second favorite.

Kyle Lowry will kill Toronto.
Orlando exposed Marc Gasol in the pick and roll. I don’t see them as the favorite.
Milwaukee is the favorite. I would put Boston and Toronto after but I think Boston has a deeper roster and would be the second favorite.

Like I said, I'm being a little pessimistic about the Bucks just because that's how I've been trained to be as a Bucks fan lol.

I think Lowry and Gasol will both be fine. Lowry's playoff struggles have generally been exaggerated. People have an idea that he was bad in the playoffs last season when he put up nearly 17.5 and 8.5 on 66% TS%. DeRozan is the one that has been horrible in the playoffs; Lowry has generally done his best to try to cover up for DeRozan but Lowry simply isn't a #1 option even when he's playing well. As long as Toronto stays healthy, I think they're going to be a very difficult matchup for whoever wins the Milwaukee-Boston series.

I know you're going for the reverse jinx and all that, but I think Milwaukee is the obvious favorite. Like, not even close

If anybody had Indiana +7.5 I feel bad for you.
That was a bad beat.

Well I guess the upside is the Jazz front office isn't going to be able to roll it back this off-season.

So Danny Ainge is going to try and convince Durant to consider the Celtics with Kyrie.
He would offer Hayward/Brown and draft picks to facilitate a sign and trade with Golden State.

So Durant will have more than just the Knicks to consider in FA.

So Danny Ainge is going to try and convince Durant to consider the Celtics with Kyrie.
He would offer Hayward/Brown and draft picks to facilitate a sign and trade with Golden State.

So Durant will have more than just the Knicks to consider in FA.

He was always going to have a lot more than the Knicks to consider. It just seems like that's who he's locked in on. His whole rationale behind going to the Knicks would seem to suggest that the Celtics won't really be considered unless everything we know about Durant's intentions is just a lie (which can't be completely ruled out given his relationship with the media).

He was always going to have a lot more than the Knicks to consider. It just seems like that's who he's locked in on. His whole rationale behind going to the Knicks would seem to suggest that the Celtics won't really be considered unless everything we know about Durant's intentions is just a lie (which can't be completely ruled out given his relationship with the media).
Durant considered the Celtics during his last FA.
I do think NY is the favorite but the Celtics give him another option.
There aren’t many teams with cap space this offseason.
It’s the Knicks, Lakers and Clippers.

Boston would have the assets to make a sign and trade and it would be a win/win for Durant/Golden State if he chose them.

Kevin Durant on Tom Brady: 'Great to be in the presence of such greatness'

Boston would have the assets to make a sign and trade and it would be a win/win for Durant/Golden State if he chose them.

Is that even possible given how the newest CBA basically made sign and trades impossible. Seems like something that someone just made up without remembering the changes that were made. Not only can he not sign a Bird rights max and be traded but I believe that if he were to get a 20% raise over his current $30m salary which he would be entitled to, then he can only be dealt for 50% of that amount so Hayward can't be a part of the deal with the Warriors over the cap.

I could have a part of that wrong but think it's mostly correct.

Is that even possible given how the newest CBA basically made sign and trades impossible. Seems like something that someone just made up without remembering the changes that were made. Not only can he not sign a Bird rights max and be traded but I believe that if he were to get a 20% raise over his current $30m salary which he would be entitled to, then he can only be dealt for 50% of that amount so Hayward can't be a part of the deal with the Warriors over the cap.

I could have a part of that wrong but think it's mostly correct.
Traded Player Exception

Durant would have to opt-in like Chris Paul did with the Clippers and then get traded. He would get his max money the following year like Paul.

The Warriors would have to get salary back in a sign and trade or the team they were trading too would have to be under the cap.
Hayward’s salary is part of the reason he could be used as his salary would be close to what Durant would sign for.

Then you get a trade like this.

Warriors receive: Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown, Robert Williams, 2020 MEM first round pick, 2020 Celtics first round pick

Celtics receive: Kevin Durant, Damian Jones.

Durant can do what Paul did and opt-in force a trade and if the Warriors won’t trade then opt-out and become a FA.

Then Boston could package Tatum/Horford/Smart/Sacramento pick for Anthony Davis.

But that is just a wet dream.

Then you get a trade like this.

Warriors receive: Gordon Hayward, Jaylen Brown, Robert Williams, 2020 MEM first round pick, 2020 Celtics first round pick

Celtics receive: Kevin Durant, Damian Jones.

Durant can do what Paul did and opt-in force a trade and if the Warriors won’t trade then opt-out and become a FA.
The idea of the Celtics trading Hayward is hilarious.

Sure, but he signed with Golden State back then and based on what we've heard, he doesn't really want that kind of situation anymore. He wants a supermax deal and he wants to go somewhere where he'll become a legend if he wins as the guy that brought the success to his new team. Boston wouldn't really be offering either of those things IMO.

Again, maybe all the reports about what Durant wants are wrong; it's entirely possible. But if they're right, it seems like the Knicks and Clippers will be his options with the Knicks as the overwhelming favorites.

We'll see though; should once again be a very interesting offseason in the NBA.

The idea of the Celtics trading Hayward is hilarious.
I mean if the Celtics traded Hayward to Cleveland for cap space it would be funny for Jazz fans but if Hayward was traded in a package for a top 3 player like Kevin Durant it’s not that shocking.
Golden State with Steph/Klay/Draymond and Hayward would still be a top contender to win it all.
Hayward has gotten better this second half and is getting more healthy and his old game back.
I think next year Hayward is going to be really good and an all star again.

I mean if the Celtics traded Hayward to Cleveland for cap space it would be funny for Jazz fans but if Hayward was traded in a package for a top 3 player like Kevin Durant it’s not that shocking.
Golden State with Steph/Klay/Draymond and Hayward would still be a top contender to win it all.
Hayward has gotten better this second half and is getting more healthy and his old game back.
I think next year Hayward is going to be really good and an all star again.
Ant Davis called the Celtics out for doing Thomas dirty.

Hayward goes there to reunite with his beloved coach, gets injured, fights back, and gets traded, and you don't see the comedy in that?

I think the players would take notice of that.

Ant Davis called the Celtics out for doing Thomas dirty.

Hayward goes there to reunite with his beloved coach, gets injured, fights back, and gets traded, and you don't see the comedy in that?

I think the players would take notice of that.
Ant Davis wanted to go LA and was trying to scare NO into trading him now so Boston couldn’t do the deal this offseason.
Isiah Thomas just got a 5 minute standing ovation and love from the crowd when he came in March.
‘That love’s going to last forever.’ Isaiah Thomas opens up about hurt, hope and his Boston return - The Boston Globe

Players all say whatever they want for leverage. The players run the league. What team wouldn’t trade a top 25 FA for a top 5 FA and again trading Heyward to Golden State isn’t doing wrong by the player. They are still getting their money and are on a championship team.

Trading Heyward to a garbage team could be construed as doing wrong by him. Not trading him in a package for Durant hypothetically.

This narrative that the celtics did IT dirty is ridiculous.

Where’s IT right now?

How much money was he demanding from the Celtics?

He’s closer to being a brinks truck driver than an NBA superstar at this point. It’s sad an injury derailed his career as it was blossoming but this is a business, not a marriage.

Ant Davis wanted to go LA and was trying to scare NO into trading him now so Boston couldn’t do the deal this offseason.
Isiah Thomas just got a 5 minute standing ovation and love from the crowd when he came in March.
‘That love’s going to last forever.’ Isaiah Thomas opens up about hurt, hope and his Boston return - The Boston Globe

Players all say whatever they want for leverage. The players run the league. What team wouldn’t trade a top 25 FA for a top 5 FA and again trading Heyward to Golden State isn’t doing wrong by the player. They are still getting their money and are on a championship team.

Trading Heyward to a garbage team could be construed as doing wrong by him. Not trading him in a package for Durant hypothetically.
Trading Hayward in any circumstance is a bad look.

That dude's not going to the Celtics without his old coach there.

If the Celtics trade Hayword that’s a horrible look. Everyone knew year one after that injury he would be a work in progress. Kiss getting any FA’s goodbye as long as Ainge is there if you do that.

Trading Hayward in any circumstance is a bad look.

That dude's not going to the Celtics without his old coach there.
Hayward considered Miami and Boston.
He clearly valued Stevens but Boston was an up and coming team and was in the East. Hayward wasn’t getting on the all star team because of stacked the West was.
Hayward signed an offer sheet with Charlotte. You don’t think he forget Utah didn’t want to give him 5 year max when it could have. If Utah offered him 5 years to start he never could have signed the offer sheet.

Hayward isn’t done dirty if he is traded for Durant.

If the Celtics trade Hayword that’s a horrible look. Everyone knew year one after that injury he would be a work in progress. Kiss getting any FA’s goodbye as long as Ainge is there if you do that.
If Hayward is traded for cap space to Cleveland like it’s been discussed if the team blows up after the year maybe your point is correct.
However how is trading Hayward in a package for Kevin freaking Durant a bad look?
There is no team in the NBA that would say we aren’t trading Hayward for Durant.
The Celtics are ones that have worked to get him back to his level. They didn’t push him to comeback last year and have given him the time this year to get back. He is finally starting to get back to his pre-injury level. He wouldn’t be traded now with any rust and the team acquiring like Golden State would be getting a player back at what he was before the injury.

If Golden State is going to lose Durant then a player like Hayward as a replacement would keep them as a title contender.

Hayward considered Miami and Boston.
He clearly valued Stevens but Boston was an up and coming team and was in the East. Hayward wasn’t getting on the all star team because of stacked the West was.
Hayward signed an offer sheet with Charlotte. You don’t think he forget Utah didn’t want to give him 5 year max when it could have. If Utah offered him 5 years to start he never could have signed the offer sheet.

Hayward isn’t done dirty if he is traded for Durant.
I mean, you can keep lying to yourself about this if you want. I'm not even certain it would hurt Boston to trade him. But to convince yourself given the totality of the circumstances around Hayward that it wouldn't look horrible for Boston to trade him seems strange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom