NBA 2018-2019 | Page 113 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I think a package of the 4 pick, Ingram (if health checks out) and Kuzma could be a nice package for NO to start a rebuild. Move forward with Zion, BI, Kuzma and Garland or whoever it is you want as your young core 4 guys and basically just reset your clock. Lakers probably throw in another pick or player in there maybe.

Maybe they flip Jrue and get some other assets as well in terms of future picks or young players.

Anything is possible but I just don't see them trading Jrue but you never know. First call to Gentry was Jrue

Agree. Them getting to 3 instead of 4 was really huge in their ability to make a deal happen. I was really rooting for 2 teams last night, the Pels and the Mavs. Moving to TX in a few months and was really intrigued by the possibility of Doncic, KP and Zion together. Would have been incredible. But beyond that, I'm really excited about the Pels options now. I'd be pushing the Lakers to see if they could move Kuzma or Ball with #4 to the Grizz for #2 then take Ingram with whichever other one and Morant. That's a pretty high end package. Knicks with Robinson/Knox/#3 would be acceptable though could end up with 3 guys that are all just average starters. If Kyrie leaves then who knows what the Celts even do, they probably aren't interested at that point. Likely not seeing anything happen until at least July 2nd.

That's a really interesting and better version of what I just posted. Try to offer NO #2 if you can get it and Ingram. That's a really strong core of Morant, Zion and BI.

Memphis would be able to get Ball/Kuzma and then take Garland/Hunter at 4. Garland, though limited action from injury, played down the road at Vanderbilt and would help their post-Conley point guard plans.

I think a package of the 4 pick, Ingram (if health checks out) and Kuzma could be a nice package for NO to start a rebuild. Move forward with Zion, BI, Kuzma and Garland or whoever it is you want as your young core 4 guys and basically just reset your clock. Lakers probably throw in another pick or player in there maybe.

Maybe they flip Jrue and get some other assets as well in terms of future picks or young players.

It's possible. 4 is kind of interesting because it really seems like there is just a cluster of guys between about 4 and 10 that don't seem to standout from one another in any way. I think Garland is considered #4 just because he got injured so early that he didn't get exposed at all. They really have so many options. Try to get AD to stay and max him out and roll with him, Jrue and Zion. I give that maybe a 10% chance. Deal him for best package and keep Jrue and see what happens is most likely at probably like 60% chance. Then there's what you mentioned in selling off both and just completely starting over with Zion as the core of the rebuild. Not the worst idea. Future is wayyyy brighter than it was about 14 hours ago.

True. Still like a combo of Smart/Tatum/Brown as well but who knows. I like Peyton as a back up though.

It seems that Knicks are now at the front of the line. Pels are in such a great spot, already added 2,000 more seasons. I have spent enough time in NOLA to know if they start putting a solid product out there the town will gravitate for sure. Grif and now Zion are 100% game changers. Facilities and staff already being upgraded, Gayle Benson must be ecstatic right now.

Holiday is the leader of this train for sure. Town and the franchise loves him and rightfully so
Don’t think both Brown and Tatum would be in the package. Obviously one of them will be and their are other players who could be included.

Plus draft picks.
I don’t think honestly the Celtics will try that hard to acquire Davis unless Kyrie resigns.

Agree. Them getting to 3 instead of 4 was really huge in their ability to make a deal happen. I was really rooting for 2 teams last night, the Pels and the Mavs. Moving to TX in a few months and was really intrigued by the possibility of Doncic, KP and Zion together. Would have been incredible. But beyond that, I'm really excited about the Pels options now. I'd be pushing the Lakers to see if they could move Kuzma or Ball with #4 to the Grizz for #2 then take Ingram with whichever other one and Morant. That's a pretty high end package. Knicks with Robinson/Knox/#3 would be acceptable though could end up with 3 guys that are all just average starters. If Kyrie leaves then who knows what the Celts even do, they probably aren't interested at that point. Likely not seeing anything happen until at least July 2nd.
Lakers package isn’t getting #2.

The Pelicans don’t want Davis staying the West.
It’s going to be a East team. Likely the Knicks.
Griffin should talk to Philadelphia about Simmons and see what Boston will offer. However I think the 3 picks from NY including RJ Barrett and whatever he wants on the Knicks will get it done.

Lakers package isn’t getting #2.

The Pelicans don’t want Davis staying the West.
It’s going to be a East team. Likely the Knicks.
Griffin should talk to Philadelphia about Simmons and see what Boston will offer. However I think the 3 picks from NY including RJ Barrett and whatever he wants on the Knicks will get it done.

Only old people still believe in the dealing guys out of conference instead of taking the best package. That's legitimately for idiots. If you have confidence in what you are doing then it makes no difference where you send them as you should be hoping to extract enough that you hurt the other teams future as well. Makes me nuts when I hear about teams still thinking like that. Simmons was one of my initial thoughts as well but him and Zion together would be an even worse fit than him and Embiid are but him and Tatum are certainly the 2 best assets that could potentially be had from one of the large market teams.

The Pelicans aren't trading with the Lakers. The days of teams helping the Lakers are pretty much over.

How is it helping them if you take away their entire future? Only way they deal with the Lakers is if the Lakers overpay. That isn't helping, that is hurting them.

Only old people still believe in the dealing guys out of conference instead of taking the best package. That's legitimately for idiots. If you have confidence in what you are doing then it makes no difference where you send them as you should be hoping to extract enough that you hurt the other teams future as well. Makes me nuts when I hear about teams still thinking like that. Simmons was one of my initial thoughts as well but him and Zion together would be an even worse fit than him and Embiid are but him and Tatum are certainly the 2 best assets that could potentially be had from one of the large market teams.
Only old people?
Popovich just did it with Kawhi Leonard.
It’s more like smart people.
You obviously go for the best package but Conference affiliation matters. If you want to win you want the conference weaker.

If the only good package is from the West he goes West but if the packages are close the East package is going to win. It’s simple logic not old logic.

The Pelicans aren't trading with the Lakers. The days of teams helping the Lakers are pretty much over.

The negotiations around the all star break were a disaster because Demps hates Pelinka from interactions when Pelinka was an agent for things like the Eric Gordon drama. That's why it turned into such a circus with unfavorable Lakers news being leaked every step of the way. Demps was the leak and "getting back" at Pelinka.

I have no idea where AD ends up but I think if anything if people view the Lakers disfunction as an enticement to try and make a deal with them because they seem like an easy target to rob blind.

The negotiations around the all star break were a disaster because Demps hates Pelinka from interactions when Pelinka was an agent for things like the Eric Gordon drama. That's why it turned into such a circus with unfavorable Lakers news being leaked every step of the way. Demps was the leak and "getting back" at Pelinka.

I have no idea where AD ends up but I think if anything if people view the Lakers disfunction as an enticement to try and make a deal with them because they seem like an easy target to rob blind.
Pelinka is hated by a lot of the league.
Which makes Jeanie not replacing him even dumber.
Magic didn’t think he would have to play politics but Pelinka was Chit talking Magic in the Lakers office and Magic didn’t need that.
Pelinka won and now the Lakers are all his baby.
Jeanie has given influence to Kurt Rambis wife and now they need a miracle to get Kyrie or Jimmy Butler.

I think the Knicks are getting Durant and one of Kemba/Kyrie.
The Clippers or Raptors will get Kawhi.

No idea what Jimmy Butler and Kris Middleton are doing.

Only old people?
Popovich just did it with Kawhi Leonard.
It’s more like smart people.
You obviously go for the best package but Conference affiliation matters. If you want to win you want the conference weaker.

If the only good package is from the West he goes West but if the packages are close the East package is going to win. It’s simple logic not old logic.

Pop = Old person and no one has any clue what other offers he had. Pretty sure that he didn't receive an offer that was better than the Raptors or he would have taken it. Any younger GM isn't going to be worried about that nonsense. For the Pelicans to take even 5% less to deal him to a different conference is idiotic. They aren't contending for a title in the next 2 years so thinking like that is stupid and only would hurt yourself.

And to the last point, if you are a shrewd trader and have self-confidence then you should believe that you are hurting the other team, not helping them and are therefore making yourself stronger and the conference weaker.

The 4 pick, Ingram, and Kuzma are not enough for AD.

Davis, LeBron and a bunch of role playing shooters is an instant contender. You’re not hurting the lakers at all. You are helping them get an elite player and that’s exactly what they want and Ingram/Kuzma aren’t as good as a lot of people think they are.

Pop = Old person and no one has any clue what other offers he had. Pretty sure that he didn't receive an offer that was better than the Raptors or he would have taken it. Any younger GM isn't going to be worried about that nonsense. For the Pelicans to take even 5% less to deal him to a different conference is idiotic. They aren't contending for a title in the next 2 years so thinking like that is stupid and only would hurt yourself.

And to the last point, if you are a shrewd trader and have self-confidence then you should believe that you are hurting the other team, not helping them and are therefore making yourself stronger and the conference weaker.
The Lakers would have given more than DeMar DeRozen, Jakob Poetli and the 29th pick in the 2019 draft.

Pop wanted Kawhi out of the West.
Boston wouldn’t give him Jaylen Brown.
Philadelphia offered Sakic, Covington and the picks they gave up for Tobias Harris.

The 4 pick, Ingram, and Kuzma are not enough for AD.

Davis, LeBron and a bunch of role playing shooters is an instant contender. You’re not hurting the lakers at all. You are helping them get an elite player and that’s exactly what they want and Ingram/Kuzma aren’t as good as a lot of people think they are.
Plus if the Pelicans are rebuilding they only control those guys for 2 years and then they will take up max deals.

The Knicks package is going to end up getting it done.
Likely 3rd pick, the 2 Mavs picks, and the Knicks could add up to 3 more of their own first round picks which will all be in the 20s since they are getting Durant and Davis would make them a contender.

The Lakers would have given more than DeMar DeRozen, Jakob Poetli and the 29th pick in the 2019 draft.

Pop wanted Kawhi out of the West.
Boston wouldn’t give him Jaylen Brown.
Philadelphia offered Sakic, Covington and the picks they gave up for Tobias Harris.

The Lakers didn't have a better player to move than DeRozen and don't think Pop was on a rebuilding timeline. He took the best package.

The Lakers didn't have a better player to move than DeRozen and don't think Pop was on a rebuilding timeline. He took the best package.
Last year Kuzma, Ingram, Hart and picks would have been better than DeRozen.

The contracts are part of the reason
DeRozen was so bad in the playoffs Pop benched him.
Pop wasn’t giving Kawhi to the Lakers though.

Lol Zack Lowe on TV just said the fact the Saints ownership owns the Pelicans and because of the Rams screwing the Saints in the NFC could cause some hesitation to trade Anthony Davis to LA because of a grudge.

That is hilarious.

Last year Kuzma, Ingram, Hart and picks would have been better than DeRozen.

The contracts are part of the reason
DeRozen was so bad in the playoffs Pop benched him.
Pop wasn’t giving Kawhi to the Lakers though.

And who told you for certain that they were offered? Just accepting what crap the media guesses at or reports because an interested party wants certain information out in the world is probably not the best basis to use as fact. It certainly would make a lot more sense that Pop on the timeline that he is on, wanted to get the player that would most help him win in the 2 or 3 years. He obtained that.

And who told you for certain that they were offered? Just accepting what crap the media guesses at or reports because an interested party wants certain information out in the world is probably not the best basis to use as fact. It certainly would make a lot more sense that Pop on the timeline that he is on, wanted to get the player that would most help him win in the 2 or 3 years. He obtained that.

If Pop wanted to win now he is beyond stupid. Nobody was beating the Warriors with Durant.
Pop wanted Boston’s assets Woj reported it last year(and in hindsight Boston was stupid for not trading for him) Boston didn’t want to trade for Leonard.

Pop wanted Kawhi out East so he took the Raptors offer.

If Pop wanted to win now he is beyond stupid. Nobody was beating the Warriors with Durant.
Pop wanted Boston’s assets Woj reported it last year(and in hindsight Boston was stupid for not trading for him) Boston didn’t want to trade for Leonard.

Isn't it a pretty well known fact that Pop despises the Lakers organization as well? Thought it was rumored or he made reference to be enjoying the games that Demps ( formers spurs management) was playing with the Lakers over the AD trade fiasco.

There was NO WAY he was ever trading Kawhi to the Lakers under any circumstances not even worth debating really

Pelinka is hated by a lot of the league.
Which makes Jeanie not replacing him even dumber.
Magic didn’t think he would have to play politics but Pelinka was Chit talking Magic in the Lakers office and Magic didn’t need that.
Pelinka won and now the Lakers are all his baby.
Jeanie has given influence to Kurt Rambis wife and now they need a miracle to get Kyrie or Jimmy Butler.

I think the Knicks are getting Durant and one of Kemba/Kyrie.
The Clippers or Raptors will get Kawhi.

No idea what Jimmy Butler and Kris Middleton are doing.

I think Middleton probably comes back to Milwaukee. At least based on what they've said publicly, Middleton has said he wants to be back and the Bucks have hinted that they'll pay whatever it takes to keep him, which could very well end up being a max deal.

Butler could get interesting. I kinda think he's the one that Philly should focus on re-signing rather than Tobias, but they gave up so much for Tobias so that might skew them towards keeping him. If not Philly, I think teams that miss out on their 2nd max guy (or first max guy) make sense: Brooklyn, maybe Clippers/Lakers, maybe even a team like Indiana/Denver/Dallas.

Isn't it a pretty well known fact that Pop despises the Lakers organization as well? Thought it was rumored or he made reference to be enjoying the games that Demps ( formers spurs management) was playing with the Lakers over the AD trade fiasco
Horn above nailed the Pelicans-Lakers drama.
It was Demps being personally pissed at Pelinka. The speculation of Gordon negotiation he stated is likely correct.

The Pelicans wanted to screw the Lakers back and the leaks they did in the media undermined the Lakers season. Now it worked out for LA getting the 4th pick but it sabotaged their regular season.

So they made an unknown offer. Of course he wants to stay competitive. Guy probably isn't coaching beyond the next 3 years, so he sure as hell isn't about to tear it down for a youth package and picks. They are probably injury health and KD going East from being in contention for a 2 seed again in the West next year.

Per Zach, "The door is slightly ajar for a surprise Davis suitor beyond the Lakers, Knicks and Celtics. But Gayle Benson has empowered Griffin, and the bet here is that Griffin will push for the best deal -- if a deal happens -- without much regard to the destination."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom