NBA 2018-2019 | Page 115 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

If Brogdon is healthy Milwaukee needs to play him 35 minutes and cut Mirotic’s minutes.

Holy Chit Kyle Lowry is playing up to his potential.
He is keeping Toronto in this.
I am pulling for the North since Greek Freak considers Boston a rival.

If Danny Green and Fred Van Fleet fell off the Earth I truly believe basketball as a sport would be better off. My god, they're the oppositions's biggest asset almost every game in the playoffs. Hate them both. HATE.

They would be better off with Mali playing.....at least he could own Brogdon. :)

Marc Gasol offensive inadequacies were mitigated by his great defence against Vucevic and Embiid. But he can't (or isn't guarding) Lopez tonight. Garbage tonight. So was Green.

Siakam is still playing well, but not at that level he ended the season at or started the first 7 games of the playoffs at.

Wasting such a great performance by Lowry hurt.

Marc Gasol offensive inadequacies were mitigated by his great defence against Vucevic and Embiid. But he can't (or isn't guarding) Lopez tonight. Garbage tonight. So was Green.

Siakam is still playing well, but not at that level he ended the season at or started the first 7 games of the playoffs at.

I thought Kawhi was too passive in this game. He had to be gassed.

Brook Lopez will not play that well again. What ticked me off was Greek Freak never gets called for traveling because of his long strides but he travels a lot when he goes hard to the rim.

Danny Green is the definition of garbage. Well, Van Fleet, but Green is gunning for the title.

Brook Lopez will not play that well again. What ticked me off was Greek Freak never gets called for traveling because of his long strides but he travels a lot when he goes hard to the rim.

He does travel a lot - but the fact that almost every move initially looks like a travel helps him. It's the same with Harden to a lesser extent. He also seems to slide his feet a lot when he tries to stop because his footwork is so awkward...which seems like a travel, but who knows.

Brook probably won’t, but the rest of the Bucks probably won’t play that bad either. It was one of the Bucks worst games for the majority of it before Brook went off in the 4th. Bucks had a ton of open shots and finished shooting 39% from the field and 25% from 3.

I can’t believe we pulled that game out with the way we played.

Edit: Granted Toronto shot like 37% from the field themselves but they also shot it very well from 3 point range to counteract that.

Last edited:
Easy to forget that the Pelicans won 48 games and swept the Blazers in the playoffs last year. And that was just giving Davis a little bit of help. We’re talking Holiday having a great year and Rajon Rondo - not all NBA guys.

He’s spent his whole career in the loaded West with little help.

With him it’s not just about having a “big scoring center” - he’s also an outstanding defensive player and rebounder who can anchor a defense. Also a good passer, and has even become a decent 3 point shooter.

I remember the narrative getting a little bit negative on Olajuwon in the early 90s, when he had little help and his teams weren’t doing much. That all changed in a hurry. Davis is similar in that he has a huge impact on both ends. Only real knock on him is durability.

Agreed, good post. When healthy AD is a top 5 player IMO. Like you said, only knock on him is durability.

Brook probably won’t, but the rest of the Bucks probably won’t play that bad either. It was one of the Bucks worst games for the majority of it before Brook went off in the 4th. Bucks had a ton of open shots and finished shooting 39% from the field and 25% from 3.

I can’t believe we pulled that game out with the way we played.

Edit: Granted Toronto shot like 37% from the field themselves but they also shot it very well from 3 point range to counteract that.
Bucks D shows up every night. Not sure they can play worse on O. Interesting how the Raptors adjust. Gasol may not be able to play this series and Mr. Leonard is going to have to wear his cape at least 4 times for them to have a chance.

Bucks D shows up every night. Not sure they can play worse on O. Interesting how the Raptors adjust. Gasol may not be able to play this series and Mr. Leonard is going to have to wear his cape at least 4 times for them to have a chance.

Leonard can't do it himself against the Bucks. Siakam is in a bit of a funk.. He has to be the secondary scorer that can put up 20 efficiently... and he has lost all confidence with the corner 3.

Leonard can't do it himself against the Bucks. Siakam is in a bit of a funk.. He has to be the secondary scorer that can put up 20 efficiently... and he has lost all confidence with the corner 3.

Yeah and I was reading all year he's been bad on all non corner 3's as well. Maybe he's still banged up?

So Portland is 11-22 from 3 and up 15 at half.

Hmmmm.

I don’t think I’ve been rooting for a team harder since Dallas vs. Miami in the 2011 finals.

Jeez that was quick.

They are a sight to behold when they are clicking. I understand people wanting someone else to win(I do as badly as anyone), but how can you NOT enjoy watching them play?

History will put them as one of the most entertaining and aesthetically pleasing to watch great basketball teams of all time.

They are a sight to behold when they are clicking. I understand people wanting someone else to win(I do as badly as anyone), but how can you NOT enjoy watching them play?

History will put them as one of the most entertaining and aesthetically pleasing to watch great basketball teams of all time.

More fun to watch without KD, too.

Teams have to realize Draymond when he drives isn’t looking to shoot but pass and play him to pass and make him make that floater.
He has done the lob the 3 times in the last 3 minutes and Portland hasn’t adjusted.

There are an insane amount of uncalled illegal screens and uncalled travels when players catch and gather the ball.

Also GS has had an uncontested dunk and lay up in the two most pivotal possessions of the game. Where is the D?

CJ got that BOUNCE in his step. Good lord.

SMH. Jinxed him. CJ didn’t do jack but miss shots down the stretch. Couldn’t even cleanly shake Looney, down 1 with a minute to go. What the hell?

Portland last 4 minutes
tenor.gif

I find the NBA to be getting so much worse the past few years.....5 years ago .5% of game time was devoted to people trying very, very, very, very hard to get fouled on three point shots.

4 years ago it was 3%.

3 years ago it was 5%.

2 years ago it was 5.9%.

Today 37.8% of the game is devoted to it.

I also feel like Giannis, Harden, etc...should be called for something akin to a balk in baseball with their almost complete stop, hard left turn, run two giant awkward steps, shoot. The euro-step is kinda fun, whatever it's morphed into now just looks silly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom