NBA 2018-2019 | Page 235 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

The Scary thing is that with those being 4+ years away many could be top 5 or top 10 picks.

And the above does not include pick swaps, and in five years time the Clippers or Rockets could be in shambles... you never know.

Also worth noting... have we ever seen Westbrook with the spacing he’ll have on Houston? Can’t help off Harden and Gordon. Tucker gets unlimited corner threes or someone has to stay with him.

No way OKC doesn’t have a deal lined up for CP3, no?

Miami?
But who would they trade for? More draft picks? They are in complete rebuild so maybe someone with a one year contract.

CP3 and Harden hated each other. He had to go.

Morey is on record as saying the stats don’t back up the perceived value of most draft picks included in trades.

Morey is all about getting top players. Russ had a bad year last year, but was very good at the rim.

Not saying I think they’ll be good, but Morey wasn’t going into the season with Harden and CP3 at each other’s throats while the rest of the west was getting better. At the end of the day, Morey would say he now has two of the top 10 guys in the league.

Again, not agreeing necessarily, but just what I believe Morey would say.
Honestly this is like the Iverson for Billups trade in 2008.

Westbrook has talent but it’s an awful fit.

The Scary thing is that with those being 4+ years away many could be top 5 or top 10 picks.

And the above does not include pick swaps, and in five years time the Clippers or Rockets could be in shambles... you never know.
I doubt they’re done either. CP3 could be a potential move to a Miami or Detroit. Adams and Schroeder could return some draft capital.

Harden and Russ, like I can't really see how that works. They both have the ball all the time. Russ can't shoot.

The amount of talent that has changed teams this season is incredible. In no order

Russ
KD
Kawhi
PG
Davis
Kyrie
Paul

That's like 7 HOF level guys, and Paul is the only one not really in his prime. And I didn't even get to Kemba or Jimmy Butler and whoever else I forgot.

Westbrook played with Durant, Harden and Ibaka on the same team.
True, but that was a while ago.

For next year, and next year only... I think a lineup of Westbrook, Harden, Gordon, Tucker and whoever at the 5 could work.

It’s worth a shot instead of begrudgingly making it rain on an aging CP3 and early round exits.

Also worth noting... have we ever seen Westbrook with the spacing he’ll have on Houston? Can’t help off Harden and Gordon. Tucker gets unlimited corner threes or someone has to stay with him.

Sure, but I guess the problem with this is; we already know if you put the ball in Hardens hands with shooting and a dive man, you're basically guaranteed an elite offense. This just means either A) you hurt the shooting if you have Russ off the ball, or B) you put Russ on the ball, which means Harden doesn't have it, which is the key to the dominant offense.

They need to turn Russ into something resembling Wade from the heatle days. Lots of back cuts

Harden and Russ, like I can't really see how that works. They both have the ball all the time. Russ can't shoot.

The amount of talent that has changed teams this season is incredible. In no order

Russ
KD
Kawhi
PG
Davis
Kyrie
Paul

That's like 7 HOF level guys, and Paul is the only one not really in his prime. And I didn't even get to Kemba or Jimmy Butler and whoever else I forgot.

Basically Klay stayed put. Everyone else was not staying put.

Sure, but I guess the problem with this is; we already know if you put the ball in Hardens hands with shooting and a dive man, you're basically guaranteed an elite offense. This just means either A) you hurt the shooting if you have Russ off the ball, or B) you put Russ on the ball, which means Harden doesn't have it, which is the key to the dominant offense.

They need to turn Russ into something resembling Wade from the heatle days. Lots of back cuts
The main thing I see is how tired Harden was in that Warriors series. They can afford to rest him with Westbrook out there. If the least it does is allow them a rested Harden in crunch time, that’s worth it.

The main thing I see is how tired Harden was in that Warriors series. They can afford to rest him with Westbrook out there. If the least it does is allow them a rested Harden in crunch time, that’s worth it.

One thing that is clear bw Russ and CP3 is that Russ is much more durable (or at least has been) and I believe Harden made it clear he didn’t want to have to do what he did this past year when CP3 was out.

True, but that was a while ago.

For next year, and next year only... I think a lineup of Westbrook, Harden, Gordon, Tucker and whoever at the 5 could work.

It’s worth a shot instead of begrudgingly making it rain on an aging CP3 and early round exits.

I can see what your saying. It's worth giving up a few picks for one more go. I just think those swaps in 2024 and 2026 start to get scary. They hinder rebuilds.

I doubt they’re done either. CP3 could be a potential move to a Miami or Detroit. Adams and Schroeder could return some draft capital.

Adams has negative trade value, they've been trying. It would take picks to move his contract off the books.

Chris Paul for Kelly Olynuk and Goran Dragic would work.
Miami just needs to give up an additional asset that inclines OKC to do this trade.
The Thunder probably want another pick or have Miami take the conditions off the 2023 pick they got from the Clippers.

Honestly this is like the Iverson for Billups trade in 2008.

Westbrook has talent but it’s an awful fit.

Houston was apparently his 1st choice and they wanted to play together again. They likely play 24 mins together a game and 12 mins each solo. Its not a horrible trade by any means given the protections. Certainly makes them more interesting. Picks are a huge deal until you actually get to the draft and have to turn them into players. Value of non-lotto picks is basically nothing on draft night. They all get swapped for about 50% of the value they'd go for in a trade a few months earlier at the deadline.

Chris Paul for Kelly Olynuk and Goran Dragic would work.
Miami just needs to give up an additional asset that inclines OKC to do this trade.
Isn't Miami dangerously close to being hardcapped? I think they need to send out a lot more salary than that.

Isn't Miami dangerously close to being hardcapped? I think they need to send out a lot more salary than that.
OKC has a 10 million dollar trade exception from the Carmelo trade and Miami has a 6.27 million dollar trade exception from Wayne Ellington

A19F2893-49DB-4A56-BE59-31CB13CD263A.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom