NBA 2018-2019 | Page 244 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2018-2019

I didn't want to dig too far back, so my cutoff was like 1995 or something like that. I built out a 7 man roster with the $200.

PG: Gary Payton - $28
SG: Jerry Stackhouse - $42
SF: Caron Butler - $34
PF: Stephen Jackson - $26
C: Kenyon Martin - $11

6th: JJ Redick - $28
7th: Kevin Duckworth - $8

Still have $23 left to spare after all that and I'm sure I could find guys to spend it on, but I'm too lazy to dig any further.

The Gary Payton Milwaukee Bucks experience is one I have 0.00% recollection of.

That is a bad ass team. Lotta tough guys

With Stack and Jackson, you’ll lead the league in winning fistfights.

Most agents have law degrees. I don’t think wanting agents to have a degree is that big a deal.
Rich Paul can do online classes and get an online degree if he wants to continue. While it’s targeting him he will be fine.
Why? Have a core competencies test. If you pass, you get to be an Agent.
Love to see some school give him an honorary degree.

How can they even enforce it? Once a kid is going pro, he’s not under the NCAA’s stupid rules anymore. They can sign with who they want to.

I’m not seeing where the NCAA has the power to do this.
You know how the NCAA do.

How can they even enforce it? Once a kid is going pro, he’s not under the NCAA’s stupid rules anymore. They can sign with who they want to.

I’m not seeing where the NCAA has the power to do this.
These requirements are for agents representing players that are testing the draft waters & still have the option to return to school.

Still, it's stupid.

With Stack and Jackson, you’ll lead the league in winning fistfights.

Plus Caron Butler and Kmart!!

Gary Payton talked a lot of trash no matter what, he would never shut up with those guys backing him

Why? Have a core competencies test. If you pass, you get to be an Agent.
Love to see some school give him an honorary degree.
An honorary degree isn’t a real degree and doesn’t mean squat. It’s a thank you for giving money or doing a commencement.

The rest talk to the NCAA I really don’t care.

An honorary degree isn’t a real degree and doesn’t mean squat. It’s a thank you for giving money or doing a commencement.

The rest talk to the NCAA I really don’t care.
I understand that, but it would, on the face of it, meet the requirements, which are haphazard and ill advised.

It was a trainwreck. They traded Ray Allen for Payton and it was all downhill from there. I wanted to cheat and have Dirk Nowitzki for $0 since we drafted him but that obviously wouldn't have been fair haha

These requirements are for agents representing players that are testing the draft waters & still have the option to return to school.

Still, it's stupid.

This reminds of a regional final during the Anthony Davis era that arena security was alerted to keep World Wide Wes out of credentialed areas

It was a trainwreck. They traded Ray Allen for Payton and it was all downhill from there. I wanted to cheat and have Dirk Nowitzki for $0 since we drafted him but that obviously wouldn't have been fair haha

It's somewhat coming back to me.

February 20, 2003: Traded by the Seattle SuperSonics with Desmond Mason to the Milwaukee Bucks for Ray Allen, Ronald Murray, Kevin Ollieand a 2003 1st round draft pick (Luke Ridnour was later selected).

So they traded a 27 year old Ray Allen AND a first for a 33 year old Gary Payton. I don't remember the consensus opinion at the time, but man, in hindsight.

Ray Allen was awesome here in Seattle, but there was no one else.

This is a fun idea, and of course I modified it for basketball and spent a lot of the afternoon putting together a Knicks team. I know the NHL version has 6 players for $200, so for NBA, I guess it should be $165 for 5, but screw that, I'm doing $200. This is what I ended up with

Jason Kidd-$76
Chauncey Billups-$21
Ron Artest-$29
Rasheed Wallace-$21
Joakim Noah-$53

Gets me there right on the number. Shooting is a bit of an issue, for sure, but my goodness, that defensive lineup. $76 is a lot to spend on one guy, but Kidd is an all time great. I could've ditched Noah and gone with Deandre Jordan for $19, or maybe McDyess and rolled with Sheed as a 5 man. Ideally I would've had more of a traditional 2 guard who could make 3
I promise I’ll put together a Clippers lineup later, but the NHL version of the exercise was made for Blues fans. $18 for Gretzky and $78 for Scott Stevens. Too easy.

I promise I’ll put together a Clippers lineup later, but the NHL version of the exercise was made for Blues fans. $18 for Gretzky and $78 for Scott Stevens. Too easy.
And Brodeur for $7.

It's somewhat coming back to me.

February 20, 2003: Traded by the Seattle SuperSonics with Desmond Mason to the Milwaukee Bucks for Ray Allen, Ronald Murray, Kevin Ollieand a 2003 1st round draft pick (Luke Ridnour was later selected).

So they traded a 27 year old Ray Allen AND a first for a 33 year old Gary Payton. I don't remember the consensus opinion at the time, but man, in hindsight.

George Karl couldn’t get along with his star player. That’s why they traded Allen, for Karl’s guy Payton.

OK, fasten your seatbelts, here are the Clippers:

PG: Sherman Douglas - $30
SG: Grant Hill - $29
SF: Dominique Wilkins - $25
PF: Antawn Jamison - $22
C: Moses Malone - $2

Mark Aguirre - $39
Glen Rice - $18
Jamaal Wilkes - $13
Vin Baker - $8
Doug Christie - $7
Kareem Rush - $7

Mark Aguirre - $39
Glen Rice - $18
Jamaal Wilkes - $13
Vin Baker - $8
Doug Christie - $7
Kareem Rush - $7

Wait...they all played for the Clippers? Lol. Dominique is the only one I really remember, and that’s just because I remember how controversial that trade for Manning was for the Hawks...trading their franchise player from the last decade at a time when they had the best record(I think) in the East.

And I remember Hill, because he picked them over the Lakers.

Wait...they all played for the Clippers? Lol. Dominique is the only one I really remember, and that’s just because I remember how controversial that trade for Manning was for the Hawks...trading their franchise player from the last decade at a time when they had the best record(I think) in the East.

And I remember Hill, because he picked them over the Lakers.
And just think, after their first game this year, I can drop Rush for Leonard and George and still have $5 left over.

Most agents have law degrees. I don’t think wanting agents to have a degree is that big a deal.
Rich Paul can do online classes and get an online degree if he wants to continue. While it’s targeting him he will be fine.
the complaints against the rule are bogus. the nba players association has the same requirement - the only difference is that the nbpa has a procedure to issue waivers to the rule on a case by case basis.

there is not that much difference between the ncaa standards and those of other professional organizations. lebron is just "big mad" that his beard associate has to find a work around

Mark Aguirre - $39
Glen Rice - $18
Jamaal Wilkes - $13
Vin Baker - $8
Doug Christie - $7
Kareem Rush - $7

Oh man, Moses Malone for $2 is huge. (Have I mentioned I love this game?)

Oh man, Moses Malone for $2 is huge. (Have I mentioned I love this game?)
How is Moses Malone only 2? The guy is a top 20 player all time.
Grant Hill when he was on the Clippers was washed up and no way worth 29 at that point of his career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom