NBA Fantasy Basketball 2021 - SyracuseFan League | Syracusefan.com

NBA Fantasy Basketball 2021 - SyracuseFan League

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Started a League on Yahoo for Syracusefan members.

League is called:
"Mookie Don't Pass 2"
League ID is 176808
Link is below:

Draft is set for Sunday Night at 8:00 pm (EST). If somebody really wants to join but the draft time does not work, please post. Not sure if I can change that, but could try.

Basic Head to Head Weekly Categories League
9 Categories

Currently set up for 12 teams, but can add more or less I believe.

I can also change some settings right now, so if there are things you want changed let me know.

Otto - I kept the allowable weekly transactions at 4 which was the default setting. So it is not "1" as I initially proposed.

Last edited:
We now have 2 members, and I know 3 others have said they would probably join. There must be a few Clippers fans that want to kick my ass!

I would like to get at least 8 people in the draft -- otherwise would probably make sense to push it aside for this year.

Thanks MikeSU. Hopefully we can get a few others today.

Thanks Otto.

Hopefully we can get 4 more.

To all those currently in the league -- I noted I made a mistake. I went with a fairly standard 9 category league, except I made a mistake on the 3 point category. Wanted to select 3 pointers made (which is the standard), but accidentally selected 3 point %. I am having a hard time making the change.
PTS
REB
STL
AST
BLK
TO
FG%
FT%
3PT%

2 questions:
1) What is your preference on the 3 point category (% or # Made). I am fairly indifferent on it -- everybody shoots 3's now, so I can see the value in % rather than makes.
2) If you want the "# made" would you all be OK to sign up for a new league (since there is only 4)

Last edited:
Looks like we will shortly be up to 5

Otto
JN
MikeSU
Brian
Florida Fan

Kaiser is still a possibility although I have not heard from him.

I would say to those that joined, if you have a friend that might be interested please feel free to share with one outsider.

Looks like we will shortly be up to 5

Otto
JN
MikeSU
Brian
Florida Fan

Kaiser is still a possibility although I have not heard from him.

I would say to those that joined, if you have a friend that might be interested please feel free to share with one outsider.
I will join. Is it Just a free league though?

Alright means I gotta download yahoo. I usually play on espn.
Not sure if you've ever done Yahoo but fwiw I like Yahoo over ESPN and the others for fantasy.

Thanks Otto.

Hopefully we can get 4 more.

To all those currently in the league -- I noted I made a mistake. I went with a fairly standard 9 category league, except I made a mistake on the 3 point category. Wanted to select 3 pointers made (which is the standard), but accidentally selected 3 point %. I am having a hard time making the change.
PTS
REB
STL
AST
BLK
TO
FG%
FT%
3PT%

2 questions:
1) What is your preference on the 3 point category (% or # Made). I am fairly indifferent on it -- everybody shoots 3's now, so I can see the value in % rather than makes.
2) If you want the "# made" would you all be OK to sign up for a new league (since there is only 4)

I usually use three pointers made, but I'm fine with % as well.

Now up to 7 which is good. Hopefully we can squeeze out a few more.
If no one else signs up, apparently Yahoo drafts a "dummy" team to even the numbers in the league.

I joined.

I also prefer 3pt made but whatever it’s free LOL. I assume there is a min for attempts.

Now up to 7 which is good. Hopefully we can squeeze out a few more.
If no one else signs up, apparently Yahoo drafts a "dummy" team to even the numbers in the league.
Post this on the main board to see if it gets action. We could for sure fill this to 12. Easily.

Post this on the main board to see if it gets action. We could for sure fill this to 12. Easily.
I've resisted my entire life to play fantasy due to not wanting to root for guys that I don't want to do well. I'm old school and after reviewing the 2020-2021 fantasy rankings my hatred still burns deep. I don't think i would put a good roster together of the guys I want so I'm out.

I've resisted my entire life to play fantasy due to not wanting to root for guys that I don't want to do well. I'm old school and after reviewing the 2020-2021 fantasy rankings my hatred still burns deep. I don't think i would put a good roster together of the guys I want so I'm out.
Hating your team is part of the joy.

How many guys do you have on that list? That seems like a lot of hate / dislike!!
You are always welcome to change your mind up to Sunday.

I don't think I have done fantasy basketball (or any fantasy league) since 2014, but thought this might be a quiet winter.

Give it a shot. Especially since for free. Fantasy gives you Extra reason to care about the current nba. Honestly there isn’t a better way to keep up with it. Keeps you tuned in to almost every team.

Thanks to Guy Fawkes for joining and making it 8.
That is enough for a decent league experience.
That being said hope we can get it to 12 by Sunday.