NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

The only thing the Celtics lacked was a rim protector.
Celtics got the steal of the first round. I didn’t realize he was still on the board till like 3 picks ago.

The only thing the Celtics lacked was a rim protector.
Celtics got the steal of the first round. I didn’t realize he was still on the board till like 3 picks ago.
It's a good fit for him. He's going to a team where he'll only need to be asked to do what he's good at.

I like the Musa pick for the Nets. That's a calculated gamble.

Low key best moment of the draft was Ayton campaigning for Holiday when he was on the podium, his reaction to the pick not being Holiday, and then Woj saying the pick was traded anyway.

Williams goes in the lottery and nobody bats an eye.
No idea how Philly passes on him just to block Boston.

Especially when Phily didn't get anything that good.

I woke up at pick #27 (after sleeping for 20 picks). I was surprised to see the best available was Robert Williams (he was late lotto). And sure enough its the Celtics pick and it seems like a home run.

That being said in most years, these falling picks are often lauded when they fall 12-15 spots, but the reason they fell usually pronounces itself a few years later. Either way, I like the pick.

It's a very solid second-round gamble for the Knicks.

Zero risk, nothing to lose.
Agreed, and I honestly don’t hate the Knox pick. He could be pretty good. I’m just still salty from the Ntilikina pick last year.

Can someone explain the Lakers mindset on that pick? You stink - you may get LBJ or Leonard or Paul George or whoever, but why not take a gamble on a much bigger talent than the Michigan kid? He may stick in the league but what is his ceiling? You aren't getting fired - take a gamble!

Can someone explain the Lakers mindset on that pick? You stink - you may get LBJ or Leonard or Paul George or whoever, but why not take a gamble on a much bigger talent than the Michigan kid? He may stick in the league but what is his ceiling? You aren't getting fired - take a gamble!

Centers who can shoot threes are all the rage, and this kid can shoot. Plus, the more shooters you can surround a player like LeBron with, the better. See sentence #1.

At the end of the first round, you likely aren't getting stars -- so you're looking for quality rotation guys who fit what your system is trying to do. Obviously, there are exceptions of guys drafted late / in the second round who far outshoot that projection, but generally speaking you're looking for depth.

Centers who can shoot threes are all the rage, and this kid can shoot. Plus, the more shooters you can surround a player like LeBron with, the better. See sentence #1.

At the end of the first round, you likely aren't getting stars -- so you're looking for quality rotation guys who fit what your system is trying to do. Obviously, there are exceptions of guys drafted late / in the second round who far outshoot that projection, but generally speaking you're looking for depth.
Lakers should have taken Williams he is the rim protector LeBron would need.
Wagner is Kelly Olynyk 2.0 that doesn’t help LeBron.
Williams projects to be a DeAndre Jordan. At the end of the first round that is gold.

There's still no team Lebron can go to that will beat the Warriors unless he goes to Houston and they aren't forced to unload every elite role player they have. If he goes to LA they are at best the 3rd best team in the West and that's not counting Utah's young players improvement.

There's still no team Lebron can go to that will beat the Warriors unless he goes to Houston and they aren't forced to unload every elite role player they have. If he goes to LA they are at best the 3rd best team in the West and that's not counting Utah's young players improvement.
Plus if the Lakers take 2 max players this summer they won’t have cap space to get Kawhi next summer and Pop isn’t giving LA Kawhi.

LeBron is kinda screwed. The best roster he can go is Philly but it’s a terrible fit.

Anybody else realize that all of the top end guys in this draft ended up on Western Conference teams?

Lebron goes the Boston, they’re favorites.

Boston at full strength is a better team than Houston imo. Houston struggled against boston down GH and then down Kyrie as well.

That being said, I dont want lebron.

Anybody else realize that all of the top end guys in this draft ended up on Western Conference teams?
I made that comment last night. Pretty scary. Especially if Lebron ends up out West as well.

You won't get an explanation from me; I think Wagner will wash out of the league pretty quickly personally.

Lakers should have taken Williams he is the rim protector LeBron would need.
Wagner is Kelly Olynyk 2.0 that doesn’t help LeBron.
Williams projects to be a DeAndre Jordan. At the end of the first round that is gold.

Hopefully, but I'd pump the brakes on that comparison. If he's 1/10th the player Jordan ended up being, it will be a good selection. Not sure that he "projects" to be nearly that effective.

lakers have been pretty good with late first & second round picks the last few drafts. i know this will sound shocking, but they might actually be better at evaluating & identifying nba talent than the syrfan brain trust

lakers have been pretty good with late first & second round picks the last few drafts. i know this will sound shocking, but they might actually be better at evaluating & identifying nba talent than the syrfan brain trust

Yep. Last years draft thread highlight was Alsacs(no offense to him) flipping out over Ainge sending the first pick to Philly(Fultz) to take Tatum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom