NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018 | Page 71 | Syracusefan.com

NBA free agency/LeBronapalooza 2018

I just finished the KG capsule, I don't think I realized quite how good a passer he was.

KG seemed to be a perennial 20, 10, and 5 threat. Only other guy that was really doing that was Webber. But KG also had the elite defense going for him. I thought KG was right there with Kobe and Duncan as the best player in the league in the mid 00’s.

KG seemed to be a perennial 20, 10, and 5 threat. Only other guy that was really doing that was Webber. But KG also had the elite defense going for him. I thought KG was right there with Kobe and Duncan as the best player in the league in the mid 00’s.

There are 31 different 20-10-5 seasons in NBA history, KG has 6 of them. No one has more, no one even has as many.

Here's another pretty amazing fact

KG was widely argued as an equal to Duncan and hotly debated as the game’s best player. From 2000 to 2005 he won an astounding nine Player of the Months (POMs), including six of nine starting in early 2003. For comparison, Shaq claimed five POMs in that time span, Kobe four and Duncan won three in his entire career.11

There are 31 different 20-10-5 seasons in NBA history, KG has 6 of them. No one has more, no one even has as many.

Here's another pretty amazing fact

KG was widely argued as an equal to Duncan and hotly debated as the game’s best player. From 2000 to 2005 he won an astounding nine Player of the Months (POMs), including six of nine starting in early 2003. For comparison, Shaq claimed five POMs in that time span, Kobe four and Duncan won three in his entire career.11

Ha, I definitely remember a couple year stretch where “Garnett” was my default answer as best player in the league. Maybe 2004-2005ish.

Garnett was the definitely of unstoppable on Minnesota. Unfortunately his team was awful

Smart’s a guy our core players like playing with and he has their backs.

I say keep Al, Terry, Jaylen and Tatum happy because if somehow/someway the first three get even better then the warriors will have to start worrying. Terry and Marcus form the best second unit in the league
Livingston and Iguodal say "?"

The Celtics team does look pretty impressive, but then you kinda think about it. The Warriors have Demarcus Cousins, and not only that, it's likely their best 5 man lineup doesnt even include him!
The more I think about it, the more amazing what the Rockets did last year to Golden State really is. The Durant Warriors have lost 6 playoff games and half of them came in that series
That was a 5 game series if Igoudala stays healthy.

Opening night doubleheader is going to be Philadelphia at Boston and Oklahoma City at Golden State.

Would Houston/Golden State be able to beat the rest of the league? I think they might

Would Houston/Golden State be able to beat the rest of the league? I think they might

Bron, Kawhi, AD, Kyrie, Donovan Mitchell, Joel, Simmons, Russ, PG, etc would mop the floor with Hou/GSW.

Bron, Kawhi, AD, Kyrie, Donovan Mitchell, Joel, Simmons, Russ, PG, etc would mop the floor with Hou/GSW.
I mean is it just a 5 man lineup or including a bench.
If you give the other 28 a bench it’s not even close.
Warriors and Rockets depth isn’t that great.
When somebody like Jayson Tatum would be a bubble guy to make the team the other 28 would beat the GS/Houston team.

I mean is it just a 5 man lineup or including a bench.
If you give the other 28 a bench it’s not even close.
Warriors and Rockets depth isn’t that great.
When somebody like Jayson Tatum would be a bubble guy to make the team the other 28 would beat the GS/Houston team.

Yes - sorry. That was what I meant. With a bench, 100% the other 28 crush them.

I was thinking like an 8 or 9 man rotation. Warriors/Houston have Curry/Paul/Klay/Harden/Gordon/Dray/Durant/Cousins/Capela. That's a hell of a team.

If they're playing a best of 7 series and the rest of the league goes 12 man, maybe they do use every spot on the bench because they can have guys go all out for like 20-25 minutes instead. But I dunno. Golden State and Houston might have 3 of the 5 or 6 best players in the league. And I didn't even get to Chris paul!

I know you're just naming guys off the top (didn't even mention Giannis!) but the one thing I noticed when doing this with my buddy; the Warriors/Rockets team has like all of the shooting.

I was thinking like an 8 or 9 man rotation. Warriors/Houston have Curry/Paul/Klay/Harden/Gordon/Dray/Durant/Cousins/Capela. That's a hell of a team.

If they're playing a best of 7 series and the rest of the league goes 12 man, maybe they do use every spot on the bench because they can have guys go all out for like 20-25 minutes instead. But I dunno. Golden State and Houston might have 3 of the 5 or 6 best players in the league. And I didn't even get to Chris paul!

I know you're just naming guys off the top (didn't even mention Giannis!) but the one thing I noticed when doing this with my buddy; the Warriors/Rockets team has like all of the shooting.
Eh, all the shooting that also represents elite players.

There are plenty of other elite shooters.

Eh, all the shooting that also represents elite players.

There are plenty of other elite shooters.

Right I just meant in the context of this scenario. The rest of the league team would obviously have some awesome players but spacing could be a slight issue

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom