NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades

The Blazers offered Kanter an offer sheet last summer. I bet they can find someone to take his deal without attaching a first rounder
Unless the Blazers are over 13 million under the cap they can't take the salary without doing a dollar for dollar trade.

The Thunder need to unload him to a team under the cap that can just take the salary without doing dollar for dollar.

The teams with the most cap space are the Lakers, Nets, 76ers, Celtics, Knicks right now.

word is Noah for 18mil per, so for you cap-mongers...how much will that leave the Knicks to get a 2 and some scrubs?

im guessing KP's buddy O'Quinn stays, but what about Holiday?

and which 2 is most likely??

Affalo
Crawford
Batum
Bazemore
Turner

Unless the Blazers are over 13 million under the cap they can't take the salary without doing a dollar for dollar trade.

The Thunder need to unload him to a team under the cap that can just take the salary without doing dollar for dollar.

The teams with the most cap space are the Lakers, Nets, 76ers, Celtics, Knicks right now.

Depending on what they do with cap holds and the like, they should have plenty of room. They'd have 40 million if the renounced all of their free agents, which I wouldn't expect, but guys like Kaman, Gerald Henderson, and Brian Roberts would likely be renounced.

word is Noah for 18mil per, so for you cap-mongers...how much will that leave the Knicks to get a 2 and some scrubs?

Affalo
Crawford
Batum
Bazemore
Turner

They have roughly around $31 million to spend, so they could spend up to around $13 million or so. I'm thinking Courtney Lee.

It looks like Conley is going to back to Memphis if they give him the 5th year.

I am scared my Celtics might overpay Dwight Howard or Evan Turner. I want nothing to do with either guy. I would rather not get to the floor and give the extra money to my current players than give any ridiculous multiple year contract offer. One year Max offers with non-guaranteed 2nd/3rd years should be the rage.

Noah to the Knicks is almost a lock. I guess Melo is joining the Bulls from 2 years ago.

I guess the Thunder want Horford. What incentive will teams have to help the Thunder clear cap space to sign him though,

Singler/Kanter and renouncing Dion Waiters Bird right would get them the cap space. OKC would have to give future unprotected first round picks to get teams to take their bad contracts.

I'd be surprised if they have to incentivize someone to take Kanter. He's a good player.

Singler may be tricky, but it's also not nearly as big a contract to move. Maybe simply attaching someone like McGary gets it done.

I'd be surprised if they have to incentivize someone to take Kanter. He's a good player.

Singler may be tricky, but it's also not nearly as big a contract to move. Maybe simply attaching someone like McGary gets it done.

I think if they renounced Waiters/Foye and traded Kanter and cut Morrow/Ersan, they may not need to move singler?

It looks like Conley is going to back to Memphis if they give him the 5th year.

I am scared my Celtics might overpay Dwight Howard or Evan Turner. I want nothing to do with either guy. I would rather not get to the floor and give the extra money to my current players than give any ridiculous multiple year contract offer. One year Max offers with non-guaranteed 2nd/3rd years should be the rage.

The only problem with this is if its a great market for the players so why would they sign those deals?

Affalo
Crawford
Batum
Bazemore
Turner

Batum is for sure out of your price range.

If Spotrac's numbers are correct, the Knicks has a qualifying offer for Galloway of $2.7 mil and cap holds on Seraphin, Lance Thomas, Afflalo, Derrick Williams, Amundson, Cleanthony Early, and Vujacic. Assuming they relinquish all of those cap holds (maybe not the Lance Thomas one?), they're looking at probably $15-18 mil in cap space to make the moves you're asking for. Batum will likely get over $20 mil. Bazemore will likely get somewhere in the $15-18 mil range if I had to guess. The other 3 are options though, and if the Knicks really want Bazemore, they could probably figure out a way to make it work.

I think if they renounced Waiters/Foye and traded Kanter and cut Morrow/Ersan, they may not need to move singler?

Yeah, I think it might be possible without moving Singler. It'll be pretty tight though.

Batum is for sure out of your price range.

If Spotrac's numbers are correct, the Knicks has a qualifying offer for Galloway of $2.7 mil and cap holds on Seraphin, Lance Thomas, Afflalo, Derrick Williams, Amundson, Cleanthony Early, and Vujacic. Assuming they relinquish all of those cap holds (maybe not the Lance Thomas one?), they're looking at probably $15-18 mil in cap space to make the moves you're asking for. Batum will likely get over $20 mil. Bazemore will likely get somewhere in the $15-18 mil range if I had to guess. The other 3 are options though, and if the Knicks really want Bazemore, they could probably figure out a way to make it work.

I was looking at a Knickerblogger piece of their cap space here The State of the Knicks Salary Cap for the 2016 Free Agent Season | KnickerBlogger.Net.

I don't think they're going to renounce Thomas. I think Bazemore is out. I'm thinking it's Noah/Lee.

The only problem with this is if its a great market for the players so why would they sign those deals?
To keep the cap space for down the road. After next year the cap is leveling off.
I wouldn't want to pay Jeremy Lyn, Evan Turner, Matthew Delleadova 4 years 10 million plus year when 2 years down the line I will need that cap space.

The NBPA under Lebron's leadership and really his and his agent's decision declined the NBA's request to phase the cap jumps over 5 years so all FAs would get the payday instead only this year and next year will get this huge jump.

Lebron is going to make 40 million a year next year because of how and he and his agent have played the system.

However in 2018 the cap will be level thus I wouldn't spend like a drunken sailor just to spend money. Smart teams are going to offer higher AAV contracts in exchange for less years or they will hold onto their money. Only desperate/stupid teams are going to give longer 4 year contracts. A player like Dwight Howard would likely get a 2 year 50 million offer from Boston or a 4 year 80 million from Atlanta.

In that case I am fine if he goes to the Hawks. I am going to be watching the years of these contracts not the salaries which are going to be stupid for everyone.

To keep the cap space for down the road. After next year the cap is leveling off.
I wouldn't want to pay Jeremy Lyn, Evan Turner, Matthew Delleadova 4 years 10 million plus year when 2 years down the line I will need that cap space.

The NBPA under Lebron's leadership and really his and his agent's decision declined the NBA's request to phase the cap jumps over 5 years so all FAs would get the payday instead only this year and next year will get this huge jump.

Lebron is going to make 40 million a year next year because of how and he and his agent have played the system.

However in 2018 the cap will be level thus I wouldn't spend like a drunken sailor just to spend money. Smart teams are going to offer higher AAV contracts in exchange for less years or they will hold onto their money. Only desperate/stupid teams are going to give longer 4 year contracts. A player like Dwight Howard would likely get a 2 year 50 million offer from Boston or a 4 year 80 million from Atlanta.

In that case I am fine if he goes to the Hawks. I am going to be watching the years of these contracts not the salaries which are going to be stupid for everyone.
That's why the owners want those contracts signed, I'm saying the players. All it takes is one ...

Jason Whitlock is suggesting Kobe is going to play next year...

For the Knicks.

Jason Whitlock is suggesting Kobe is going to play next year...

For the Knicks.
I love when Whitlock trolls. I enjoy the guy's shtick. Kobe's last game is exactly how he should go out. He took 40 shots and got 60 points. That is Kobe. The Mamba can't stay healthy with all the miles on his body.

I doubt this one. Rumor is Kobe has a deal to buy a portion of the Lakers a la Magic when he retired.

He has a few elite skills and is functional on a team with alphas, but he may be the worst defensive player in the NBA and he is truly an idiot.

He has a few elite skills and is functional on a team with alphas, but he may be the worst defensive player in the NBA and he is truly an idiot.

It's amazing both how good he is on offense and how bad he is on defense. The guy is an offensive force. The thunder were about 1 point per 100 possessions worse with him on the court offensively, which doesn't sound great, but he came off the bench so it's not like he played a lot of minutes with both KD and Russ on the court.

It's amazing both how good he is on offense and how bad he is on defense. The guy is an offensive force. The thunder were about 1 point per 100 possessions worse with him on the court offensively, which doesn't sound great, but he came off the bench so it's not like he played a lot of minutes with both KD and Russ on the court.
He's useful getting you through an 82 game season, but you're not putting him on the floor much in the playoffs.

This is a move to keep Durant and replace Serge.

OKC would still need to move the contracts of a Kanter and a Singler types. Then waive a non-guaranteed guy like Morrow.

They could make it work.

Didn't realize that Kanter has veto power over any trade until July 12 after OKC matched his Portland offer sheet AND a 15-percent trade kicker.

Agreements so far...
Mozgov - Lakers
Derozan - Raptors
Batum - Hornets
Beal - Wizards
Whiteside - Heat
Augustin - Magic
Clarkson - Lakers

Noah - Knicks (almost done)
Gordon - Knicks (close as well)

I think the 4 year deal for Noah is a bad move, but the Mozgov move makes Noah's deal look good lol.

I think the 4 year deal for Noah is a bad move, but the Mozgov move makes Noah's deal look good lol.

And it makes Robin Lopez at 13 million per year even better
Noah for 4 years is just unfathomably bad I think.