NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

John Wall once again checking teammates pockets and throwing them under the bus. What a horrid leader. Stop worrying about things you can't control and work on your jumper, youre the one who went 0 for his last 11 in game 7. Clown.

John Wall once again checking teammates pockets and throwing them under the bus. What a horrid leader. Stop worrying about things you can't control and work on your jumper, youre the one who went 0 for his last 11 in game 7. Clown.

Is this regarding the Paul George/Otto Porter comments? Probably not smart to say what he did publicly, but he's 100% correct.

Is this regarding the Paul George/Otto Porter comments? Probably not smart to say what he did publicly, but he's 100% correct.

I just read them now; it's weird he says they're set at the 4 and the 5 but not the 3.

I just read them now; it's weird he says they're set at the 4 and the 5 but not the 3.

I thought that was pretty weird too haha. I do think Markieff is really good though, and Wall and Gortat are really good together, but I remember hearing that Gortat is kinda unhappy with the way he's been used.

I'm guessing he more-so meant that if they got PG, Markieff and Gortat are good enough to man the other two spots and the only upgrade they really had any chance of making was using Otto to go get PG13. There was never really any way Washington was going to upgrade at PF or C without downgrading from Otto to Oubre at SF.

I thought that was pretty weird too haha. I do think Markieff is really good though, and Wall and Gortat are really good together, but I remember hearing that Gortat is kinda unhappy with the way he's been used.

I'm guessing he more-so meant that if they got PG, Markieff and Gortat are good enough to man the other two spots and the only upgrade they really had any chance of making was using Otto to go get PG13. There was never really any way Washington was going to upgrade at PF or C without downgrading from Otto to Oubre at SF.

Yeah I'm sure that's where he was coming from, it's just a little odd to me. Like, Otto is their third best player I think. In a world where you could get Paul George, you could just play George and Otto together at the 3/4 anyway.

I somehow missed this until like last week; did you guys see the conspiracy theory where after Markieff hurt his ankle (I think?) in the playoffs Marcus took his spot? That's my new favorite conspiracy theory of all time I think

Yeah I'm sure that's where he was coming from, it's just a little odd to me. Like, Otto is their third best player I think. In a world where you could get Paul George, you could just play George and Otto together at the 3/4 anyway.

I somehow missed this until like last week; did you guys see the conspiracy theory where after Markieff hurt his ankle (I think?) in the playoffs Marcus took his spot? That's my new favorite conspiracy theory of all time I think

Re: PG/Otto: The only way to realistically get PG was by sending Otto to Indiana.

And yeah, I saw the conspiracy theory, and I agree it's probably my favorite ever.

He's the face of the franchise and this is now multiple times of him publically checking teammates pockets and throwing them under the bus. Can't be good for team chemistry, and after the fact comments are pointless. It's too late, if he was trying to pressure them into getting PG. I don't see the point.

Washington screwed up their cap space keeping Porter.

I think they would have been destination 1 for DeMarcus Cousins next offseason.

Porter's resigning killed that. They kept Porter so they could win 50 games next year but they are still probably 4th best in the East behind Cleveland, Boston, Toronto.

Wall didn't take their supermax offer yet either of 4 years 170 million.

Porter's resigning killed that. They kept Porter so they could win 50 games next year but they are still probably 4th best in the East behind Cleveland, Boston, Toronto.

Porter is a guy who they drafted high and who has steadily gotten better every single year. These next four years should be the start of his best basketball. I can't blame them for keeping him, and whose to say he doesn't progress into an all star level guy? I think that's doable.

They have a lot of money tied up. They're around 85 million in salaries for 2018-19 without Porter. Could they get there? Maybe, but you don't know if you can get Cousins, Porter is a good player, and like you said, you're trying to keep Wall. The team would take a step back this season without Porter

Not to mention they could potentially trade Porter down the line if need be. He's a good player; he got overpaid, but that's what happens when you let a guy go into RFA with teams like the Nets out there.

If they had a chance to acquire PG by using Otto, they should have, but keeping Otto isn't a bad outcome.

They're locked into their current team though unless they can find a taker for Mahinmi and Gortat.

Not to mention they could potentially trade Porter down the line if need be. He's a good player; he got overpaid, but that's what happens when you let a guy go into RFA with teams like the Nets out there.

If they had a chance to acquire PG by using Otto, they should have, but keeping Otto isn't a bad outcome.

They're locked into their current team though unless they can find a taker for Mahinmi and Gortat.

How realistic would using Porter to get PG be anyway? Like you said, Porter knows there's a team like the Nets out there who is going to come with a big offer sheet, so he has every incentive to wait and sign that deal.

How realistic would using Porter to get PG be anyway? Like you said, Porter knows there's a team like the Nets out there who is going to come with a big offer sheet, so he has every incentive to wait and sign that deal.

Probably not very realistic.

Jazz pick up Sefolosha and Jerebko. Jazz now represented by 8 countries.

Celtics came out today claiming they'd be suitors for Anthony Davis if the Pelicans are willing to put him on the block.

Celtics came out today claiming they'd be suitors for Anthony Davis if the Pelicans are willing to put him on the block.
If Anthony Davis becomes available Boston will have the assets to get him.
Pelicans need to fail this season though and Celtics need the Nets to suck next year check and for the Lakers to be one of the 5 worst teams . This will be close.

TrueBlue the Celtics have a really good cap situation. They will be competitive for a while as long as the rookies aren't busts.
DFRlIMkVYAQw-8p

TrueBlue the Celtics have a really good cap situation. They will be competitive for a while as long as the rookies aren't busts.
DFRlIMkVYAQw-8p

Do you think they're going to sign Isaiah long term? That's going to eat up a chunk of space. He probably has a low cap hold next summer at least.

What about Smart?

Do you think they're going to sign Isaiah long term? That's going to eat up a chunk of space. He probably has a low cap hold next summer at least.

What about Smart?
IT will get a deal similar to Kyle Lowry 3 years maybe with a vesting 4th year 100(133) million(33 million per). I think they will match any reasonable offer sheet for Smart.
I can't see Smart getting a max offer sheet. If he does then goodbye.

This is hard to believe. I assume he sees Lebron leaving next summer and somehow thinks he has more leverage demanding a trade now?

Supposedly he wanted out last year as well and they talked him back into it. Not sure what the Cav's options are this summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom