NBA 2017-2018 thread | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

NBA 2017-2018 thread

Lakers / Clips Summer League on now on ESPN, just FYI. Lonzo and company.

Great first assist by Lonzo. Crowd's nuts for him.

PJ Carlesimo sounds like he still has Sprewell's hands around his throat.

Ingram is probably a little too good to be playing, but good for him putting in the work.

I don't like the Lakers, but I really hope Lonzo does well. I still think he'll need serious work on D, strength and reconstructing his shot (that missed three wasn't even back rim, it was back rim and off to the left), but boy that passing bug he has is infectious to the other guys on the floor with him.

Ingram is probably a little too good to be playing, but good for him putting in the work.

I don't like the Lakers, but I really hope Lonzo does well. I still think he'll need serious work on D, strength and reconstructing his shot (that missed three wasn't even back rim, it was back rim and off to the left), but boy that passing bug he has is infectious to the other guys on the floor with him.
Nice offensive performance from Andrew White in Cavs game: 11 points in 12 minutes, 4/7 from field, 2/4 from three -- and six fouls.

His immediate goal, I'd think, would be to get an invite to camp, don't see that happening, hope he draws someone's attention. I'd think Europe's most likely.

DEGVcNcXcAAl2Zm.jpg:small

Looking to screw you.

That's why I rarely trade. Most offers are so ridiculous I don't even write an explanation before I hit "decline"

Ingram looked great. Shot looks smoother than last year, and he really looked good passing, going to the basket and finishing, and defensively.

Thomas Bryant had some moments.

Ball...1-11 from 3, while they go under screens on them. Yikes. Love the way he looks up the court and passes the ball, but he's going to have to knock down shots or they will keep going under the screens on him.

Ingram looked great. Shot looks smoother than last year, and he really looked good passing, going to the basket and finishing, and defensively.

Ball...1-11 from 3, while they go under screens on them. Yikes. Love the way he looks up the court and passes the ball, but he's going to have to knock down shots or they will keep going under the screens on him.

They say bad college FT shooting is a better predictor of NBA *3 pt shooting* than college 3 pt shooting is.

Seems that's holding true so far.

Bryant had 13 points and 5 rebounds in 17 minutes.

But, Lonzo's shot tonight, ouch.

Ainge had no leverage and people are realizing Ainge took the trade that gave him something for Bradley instead of getting nothing a year from now.
If Bradley was the difference between winning the east and being the 2nd best he would keep him.

Bradley is good but isn't an all star.
Bradley is an A level defender. That's the loss, not his scoring.

Bryant had 13 points and 5 rebounds in 17 minutes.

But, Lonzo's shot tonight, ouch.

Yeah, I think I said in a separate thread I would have taken him around 8 in this draft.

I don't hate him (love his passing) and I don't care about his dad.

But if you are taking a PG to start from day 1 at number two in the draft (especially this draft), being a bad FT shooter and having a shot that needs to be reconstructed are two huge red flags.

I think his D can be fixed and I think he can get his body where it needs to be.

The other issue is that he's not a supreme athlete (compared to other NBA players).

They need a shot doctor and to get him in the weight room.

With all that said, his passing bug alone should be awesome to watch and help the team. Defenses will have to have their heads on a swivel since he's not scared to push the ball via dribble or long upcourt pass.

Bradley is an A level defender. That's the loss, not his scoring.

The long game is to get a top ten superstar, right?

All of these moves will be weighed on being able to grab either Ant Davis (preferably) or maybe Boogie (top ten potential) and contending once Bron is out of the East.

Lonzo triple double in his second game.

Definitely rooting for him. Love his game and he seems like a good dude, no matter what you think of his father.
Ball is Rajon Rondo. He can rebound and is a great passer but that jump shot isn't good.

I don't think Ball was the 2nd best player in this draft.

Fultz, Tatum, Jackson, Smith Jr. all look better.

Ball's shot scares me.

Ball is Rajon Rondo. He can rebound and is a great passer but that jump shot isn't good.

I don't think Ball was the 2nd best player in this draft.

Fultz, Tatum, Jackson, Smith Jr. all look better.

Ball's shot scares me.
Smith Jr. ...Cannot believe the Knicks didn't draft him.

Got that Euro-THjr backcourt. Sweeetttt.

Smith Jr. ...Cannot believe the Knicks didn't draft him.

Got that Euro-THjr backcourt. Sweeetttt.

I'm totally ok passing on Smith to be honest. I have pretty high hopes for Frank.

Smith seems like he would be a perfect Knick actually, flashy, scoring type who is horrendous on defense and doesn't actually help you win.

I'm totally ok passing on Smith to be honest. I have pretty high hopes for Frank.

Smith seems like he would be a perfect Knick actually, flashy, scoring type who is horrendous on defense and doesn't actually help you win.

Tank for Luka Doncic. Frank, Luka and KP and we can start the party for the 2025 title parade!

Yeah, I think I said in a separate thread I would have taken him around 8 in this draft.

I don't hate him (love his passing) and I don't care about his dad.

But if you are taking a PG to start from day 1 at number two in the draft (especially this draft), being a bad FT shooter and having a shot that needs to be reconstructed are two huge red flags.

I think his D can be fixed and I think he can get his body where it needs to be.

The other issue is that he's not a supreme athlete (compared to other NBA players).

They need a shot doctor and to get him in the weight room.

With all that said, his passing bug alone should be awesome to watch and help the team. Defenses will have to have their heads on a swivel since he's not scared to push the ball via dribble or long upcourt pass.

I was praying they'd trade down and take Fox

David Griffin turned down the NY Knicks GM job because of Dolan not giving him final say over the roster.

David Griffin turned down the NY Knicks GM job because of Dolan not giving him final say over the roster.

What a shocker, but Im sure he will give 100 pct of the say to Isiah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom