NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

He did, although to be a goaltend off the backboard, ref(s) had to think it had a chance to go in. Looked like it was short.

Regardless, refs blew previous call that gave the Pacers the ball leading up to that drive. Young knocked the ball outta LeBron's hand, refs gave ball to Indy. Things even out.

LeBron James’s game-winning shot saves us from having to care about his goaltend

The question Oladipo and his teammates and Pacers fans should be asking is why, when everyone knew LeBron was getting the ball for the final seconds, didn't Indy double LBJ or foul him? They had a foul to give.

To boot, Oladipo had plenty of other chances to win the game. He was 2-for-15, is 12-for-50 the last three games. The much-maligned Cavs defense has shown up so far in the post-season.

I'm waiting for Lue to unleash Kendrick. Love seeing him up and cheerleading on the sideline.

Again, I haven't seen a clear replay yet to show one way or the other (which is absolutely suspect on its own accord), but how would it have been short on a layup? The ball, while still rising, looks like it could have hit the backboard already. Which would be a goal tend, correct?

Goal tend. No doubt.

He's the greatest and gets the calls. This is the way the NBA works, has for a long time. Still pisses me off on occasion.

I think it's more that was a very close call and it went in his favor. The possession before, the call went against him.
Weren't both reviewable?

Solid win by the Bucks. Don't think they can pull one more out in Boston, but you never know.

I'm doing a playoff picks pool.

I went:
Raps in 6 (have a shot here)
Cavs in 5 (about that...)
Philly in 5
Celtics in 7 (good chance)

Rockets in 5
Jazz in 7
Warriors in 5
Portland in 6

So I totally whiffed on Portland, but I may be able nail like 6 of the 8 series, down to the # of games. Does anyone care? Probably not. But you've already read this, so too late now.

Looks like Steph is going to return for game 1. It will be interesting to see how the Warriors look with him back. I would think he may be a tad rusty playing just once in the last 23 games.

You think Syracuse fans here get overly pessimistic in game threads. I present to you the Raptors board when they are down 10 during the first quarter tonight. They start when the score was 13-4 and go to when the Raps were down 20-11.

----

Win of loose, we need to trade Lowrette in the summer! He should be playing in the WNBA!"
Lowry is such a on the road
RIP...
Lowry **** the bed early
I've never seen a guy from Philly that mentally weak
See you game 7 folks
It would be the most embarrassing thing to be the 5th 1 seed in history to go 7
Just fold this damn franchise and relocate it to Las Vegas. The Raptors stink.
Trade Lowry in the summer, dump Norms contract and sign a star
He can’t stop thinking about ice cream
This is the Nets series all over again...it's going to go down to game 7 at the final procession.
Yeah, it's not your typical 1-8 series. It's more like 8-9 series.
Sit f ibaka
We should never have resigned Lowry. Dude is good in the regular season, no question about it. But he is an absolute bone-headed dufus in the playoffs.
waive congo barg
WHY IS IBAKA TAKING TURN AROUND MID RANGE JUMPERS? **** THIS OLD ****
LMAO...this team stinks, man. Bunch of scrubs. What were we thinking by pretending to be a #1 seed?
Bench Serge man. F sakes.
Pass the ball deselfish
One of our stars can't shoot from distance, the other is sometimes a mental midget
Itrasha with the three!

Raptors knock out the Wiz. '

Guess you were wrong Paul Pierce, you douche.

Donovan Mitchell is the best rookie guard since Michael Jordan.

This game is super sad as a Melo fan. Might be time to walk away or take a role as a bench shooter

Not sure it's all that bad for melo. He has spent more time watching Westbrook and George dominate all the action than anything. His game has been falling off for a couple years and being just a spot up shooter is not his game. That mid range iso is obviously where he excels still and it's not part of this OKC team and it's identity.

Paul George should’ve gone to the line, twice, for 3 foul shots each time at the end of that game. Unreal how bad that officiating was. I’ve never seen that not called.

Donovan Mitchell scored 171 points in his first 6 playoff games, and lead the Jazz to a playoff series win.

The only rookies to score more in their first six playoff games are some scrubs named Lew Alcindor and Wilt Chamberlain.

At this point I don't even care if people are still convinced that Simmons is the obvious rookie of the year. Mitchell's on to bigger things than that.

Paul George should’ve gone to the line, twice, for 3 foul shots each time at the end of that game. Unreal how bad that officiating was. I’ve never seen that not called.

Yeah it was pretty awful. Also as great as Mitchell was, he blatantly traveled on those spin moves 3 or 4 times.

Can Melo bounce after this year? He obviously isn’t close to the player he once was but he’s also not whatever guy was zapped of his powers by the Monstars in his time in OKC.

He still looks effective posting up in the mid-range, but OKC isn’t about that life. Portland makes so much sense and they could desperately use him.

Can Melo bounce after this year? He obviously isn’t close to the player he once was but he’s also not whatever guy was zapped of his powers by the Monstars in his time in OKC.

He still looks effective posting up in the mid-range, but OKC isn’t about that life. Portland make so much sense for him.
He has a player option for like $28M.

He's picking that up.

Donovan Mitchell would've looked better in a Knicks uni, but he should be grateful his hometown team didn't pick him. The kid's a stud. Love his game.

Considering how one sided it seemed to be in OKC's favor, the Jazz deserved it.

Maybe.. Jazz shot more Free Throws than OKC. The Crowder/George sequence of fouls was the only real spot where you could say OKC got the benefit of the whistle. The out of bounds calls were awful but both ways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom