NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Amazing and Oladipo has become a lethal driver. He got LBJ on a couple of those in games before.

Gobert goes out and OKC goes on a monster run.

Kudos to Russ when it's due - the last five minutes or so he's been crushing it (10 points, I think).

OKC only scores 12 points in the 2nd quarter. No way they are going to win if any part of their offensive game plan is to keep going inside to Steven Adams. Westbrook is just clueless so far. Paul George is the only one doing anything and he has three fouls. Next 12 minutes will determine if OKC can force a game 6.

That team is not that good. Not enough offensive talent, IMO. Westbrook is picking it up a little bit now. George is playing OK. An extremely aging Melo and a bunch of other guys who don’t give you enough offense.

Russ at the half:
5-16 FG, 0-2 3pt FG, 4 boards, 3 assists, 3 TOs, 12 points.

Model of inefficiency.
Westbrook threw this post in your face.

I'm rooting for the Jazz but it was pretty exciting seeing OKC actually give a crap and make a comeback like that.

Russ just had one of the best quarters in playoff history. So that happened.

It's unreal what he has to do every night for the Cavs to win. Its no coincidence that he has by far the highest career "Value Over Replacement Player" in league history.

Yup. Not sustainable this year, IMO. Supporting cast is a bunch of role players.

Gobert going out changed the whole dynamic.

Utah can close this in six if he doesn’t get in foul trouble.

What a second half by Russ. What a night of basketball.

Very cool video, Toga, but I smell a setup. My money's on that TV shot being a replay.

BTW, looking at LeBron's game-winner again this morning from a camera shot behind him, I had a flashback to a less-joyous moment in the Cavs' 48-year history: Jordan over Ehlo 1989, a day which, for Cavs fans, will live in infamy.

Check out No. 22 for the Cavs, Larry Nance Sr. Cool.

Last edited:
I mean...it has to be mentioned...they made their run without Melo playing.
We’ll see what happens in game 6. Hopefully he gets hot early
Didn’t watch but noticed he wasn’t in for much of the 3rd/4th then saw they subbed Melo back out with 3 minutes left for Grant. Grant honestly is the better fit if Melo is going to go 0-fer from 3 every night.

Didn’t watch but noticed he wasn’t in for much of the 3rd/4th then saw they subbed Melo back out with 3 minutes left for Grant. Grant honestly is the better fit if Melo is going to go 0-fer from 3 every night.
Grant can play pick and roll defense.
Melo can’t.
It’s fine for Melo to start the game and play 25-30 mpg but if the Thunder don’t need offense then Grant should be playing the 4th Q.

Grant is one of those role players who is very valuable on a cheap contract and then gets overpaid and has to develop more to no be overrated.

Grant should work on his 3 pt shot and he will be very valuable as his athleticism makes him a good defender.

I think he got it off the backboard.

He did, although to be a goaltend off the backboard, ref(s) had to think it had a chance to go in. Looked like it was short.

Regardless, refs blew previous call that gave the Pacers the ball leading up to that drive. Young knocked the ball outta LeBron's hand, refs gave ball to Indy. Things even out.

LeBron James’s game-winning shot saves us from having to care about his goaltend

The question Oladipo and his teammates and Pacers fans should be asking is why, when everyone knew LeBron was getting the ball for the final seconds, didn't Indy double LBJ or foul him? They had a foul to give.

To boot, Oladipo had plenty of other chances to win the game. He was 2-for-15, is 12-for-50 the last three games. The much-maligned Cavs defense has shown up so far in the post-season.

I'm waiting for Lue to unleash Kendrick. Love seeing him up and cheerleading on the sideline.

He did, although to be a goaltend off the backboard, ref(s) had to think it had a chance to go in. Looked like it was short.

Regardless, refs blew previous call that gave the Pacers the ball leading up to that drive. Young knocked the ball outta LeBron's hand, refs gave ball to Indy. Things even out.

LeBron James’s game-winning shot saves us from having to care about his goaltend

The question Oladipo and his teammates and Pacers fans should be asking is why, when everyone knew LeBron was getting the ball for the final seconds, didn't Indy double LBJ or foul him? They had a foul to give.

To boot, Oladipo had plenty of other chances to win the game. He was 2-for-15, is 12-for-50 the last three games. The much-maligned Cavs defense has shown up so far in the post-season.

I'm waiting for Lue to unleash Kendrick. Love seeing him up and cheerleading on the sideline.
Why wasn’t that OOB’s play with Lebron and Young reviewed? Under 1 minute. Questionable call that turned out to be wrong. No review?

Why wasn’t that OOB’s play with Lebron and Young reviewed? Under 1 minute. Questionable call that turned out to be wrong. No review?

Excellent question.

BTW, NBA refs, I feel, are the best officials in pro sports. Whatta fast, physical sport to call -- and now every call draws a debate from players and coaches. NBA refs are underpaid, regardless of what they make.

How about LeBron showing the Real Slim Shady -- Eric Devendorf -- some love?

DbtspokUwAEplZ1.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom