NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Doris Burke with the wicked backhanded compliment - taking this team to the Finals is your greatest postseason achievement or something like that.

That's hilarious.

Celtics are going to be great for a long time (especially if they can manage the lux tax) but they are just a good team and not much else right now. (considering they are without Irving and Hayward).

Not sure why some here, and moreso in the media were convinced the Celtics had this. They barely beat the Bucks and while they beat a good Sixers team in 5... those were all close and the series could have easily went the other way. The most impressive team entering the semi's was Cleveland, as sweeping the Raptors was the most impressive series of any East team in the first 2 rounds. (even if we consider the Raptors fragility)

Can't wait to watch a completely non-competitive Finals and listen to two more weeks of ESPN tongue-bathing of Lebron.

That said, how he got that fugly squad to the Finals is pretty incredible.

Celtics are going to be great but they are just a good team and not much else right now. (considering they are without Irving and Hayward).

Not sure why some here, and moreso in the media were convinced the Celtics had this. They barely beat the Bucks and while they beat a good Sixers team in 5... those were all close and the series could have easily went the other way. The most impressive team entering the semi's was Cleveland, as sweeping the Raptors was the most impressive series of any East team in the first 2 rounds. (even if we consider the Raptors fragility)

For me, it just looked like Cleveland rolled on Toronto because they were in Toronto's head more than anything; they went to 7 in the first round, they hadn't played any of the 3 games in Boston close. Love was out. But they had Lebron.

Tatum is gonna be a very very good.

Hope warriors can take it down tomorrow. Durant hasn't played well imo the last few games and needs a big game. I don't think the Rockets beat cleveland and no way in hell if Paul isn't there

For me, it just looked like Cleveland rolled on Toronto because they were in Toronto's head more than anything; they went to 7 in the first round, they hadn't played any of the 3 games in Boston close. Love was out. But they had Lebron.

Tatum is gonna be a very very good.

And even with all of that... Boston lost because their guards shot as badly as I've ever seen. LeBron played great but he can play great and still lose. The celtics lost because they simply didn't shoot at all. And it's tough for them as they has home crowd. Just didn't happen.

Celtics are going to be great for a long time (especially if they can manage the lux tax) but they are just a good team and not much else right now. (considering they are without Irving and Hayward).

I'd venture to guess that the reason for the confidence in the Celtics is that they had won and covered all 10 playoffs games at home this year.

Hope warriors can take it down tomorrow. Durant hasn't played well imo the last few games and needs a big game. I don't think the Rockets beat cleveland and no way in hell if Paul isn't there

Cleveland has no shot against either. Lebron would have to average 50.

I'd venture to guess that the reason for the confidence in the Celtics is that they had won and covered all 10 playoffs games at home this year.

It wasn't the confidence for game 7 only... they had concluded they had won after winning the first 2 games (better said, many but not all had concluded that), or quite a few before the series even started.

It wasn't the confidence for game 7 only... they had concluded they had won after winning the first 2 games (better said, many but not all had concluded that), or quite a few before the series even started.

I mean, they were up 2-0 and had won both games by nearly 20 points per game. Thinking they were going to win isn't that crazy.

And even with all of that... Boston lost because their guards shot as badly as I've ever seen. LeBron played great but he can play great and still lose. The celtics lost because they simply didn't shoot at all. And it's tough for them as they has home crowd. Just didn't happen.

This is going to happen starting Thursday.

Cavs could beat Houston if they somehow win without Paul and he still isn’t right for the finals.

But they aren’t beating the Warriors.

I mean, they were up 2-0 and had won both games by nearly 20 points per game. Thinking they were going to win isn't that crazy.

IIt was reasonable to think they could win.

But there was way too many people that said the Celtics winning the series was near formality level.at that point. That was my problem.

6th letter of the alphabet Georgetown but Jeff Green showed up. Gotta give him credit. I have no idea what to make of his career and why he peaked in like his second year and has been unable to maintain any consistency from game to game for years at a time.

But he came through tonight.

In most years, this Celtics team would be a 5 or 6 seed. They barely made it out of the 1st round and wouldn't have made it out if they were in the West. They are a little better than mediocre and took advantage of a mediocre conference, as the Cavs and Heat have done over these years. While the media is writing the story of how Lebron carried the Cavs, I'm surprised the Celts won 3 games. Their only somewhat consistent Offensive player is a rookie and they didn't go to him nearly enough, instead allowing Smart, Brown, and Rozier to jack up and miss open shots to 8-42 tonight. That is the story. Lebron is a great player, but I will be more impressed if he can win 2 games against Golden State. Beating a Boston team without its best 2 players should be expected and most people picked Cleveland before the series.

In most years, this Celtics team would be a 5 or 6 seed. They barely made it out of the 1st round and wouldn't have made it out if they were in the West. They are a little better than mediocre and took advantage of a mediocre conference, as the Cavs and Heat have done over these years. While the media is writing the story of how Lebron carried the Cavs, I'm surprised the Celts won 3 games. Their only somewhat consistent Offensive player is a rookie and they didn't go to him nearly enough, instead allowing Smart, Brown, and Rozier to jack up and miss open shots to 8-42 tonight. That is the story. Lebron is a great player, but I will be more impressed if he can win 2 games against Golden State. Beating a Boston team without its best 2 players should be expected and most people picked Cleveland before the series.

I look at the road my Lakers have to travel to make the playoffs in the West next year, and then look at the East and get jealous...all the time.

I look at the road my Lakers have to travel to make the playoffs in the West next year, and then look at the East and get jealous...all the time.

It's weird that for the better part of the last 20 years the West has been better than the East.

Every chance that changes though, Boston and Philly look to be set up for the next few years

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom