NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

6th letter of the alphabet Georgetown but Jeff Green showed up. Gotta give him credit. I have no idea what to make of his career and why he peaked in like his second year and has been unable to maintain any consistency from game to game for years at a time.

But he came through tonight.
Grown scumbag.

It's weird that for the better part of the last 20 years the West has been better than the East.

Every chance that changes though, Boston and Philly look to be set up for the next few years

Yup. It was the case way back when the Lakers had to go through the Spurs, Blazers, and Kings to make the finals and then the Pacers, Sixers, and Nets were afterthoughts. 20 years. Really, since Jordan retired...the first friggin time.

Even when the Heat and Celts were loaded, the rest of the East was eh.

Not to worry, LiAngelo Ball will save the day for your squad.

If he actually suits up for the Lakers, I will lose my mind. Only exception is if it’s April and we’re out of it...which I’m tired of. I want playoffs next year.

Lavar needs to be banned from Staples the next time he says something out of line publcally. He’s an insecure soccer mom In a large man’s body and this is the greatest franchise in professional sports the last 50 years. Get the hell outta here.

Last edited:
LBJ is the King and is clearly the best we’ve seen in decades. However I think it ends for CLE tonight. Even HOU has too many pieces without Paul, IMO.

Cavs could beat Houston if they somehow win without Paul and he still isn’t right for the finals.

But they aren’t beating the Warriors.
Not if love doesn’t play

I don’t care what anybody says , the Celtics shot 7/39 from 3!!!! And they had a lead late in the 4th!!! No matter how you want to look at it , Boston choked more than Cleveland won .

For all the great things lebron did , and I want to be careful how I phrase this because he had a GREAT game for mortals, but it was not the 'other-worldly' performance most believed would be needed to win game 7 , on the road, without Kevin Love. 35 pts on12/24, 3/8 from 3...15 boards, 9 assists, but 8 turnovers. ... how many of you seeing his stat line would have thought it would be enough? It’s a 100 percent choke job by Boston. I don't care how "young" they are. They were young when they got up 2-0 and 3-2 as well.

Last edited:
Marcus Smart saying he’s worth more than $12-14 million...I think he’s in for a rude awakening this offseason.

I don’t care what anybody says , the Celtics shot 7/39 from 3!!!! And they had a lead late in the 4th!!! No matter how you want to look at it , Boston choked more than Cleveland won .

For all the great things lebron did , and I want to be careful how I phrase this because he had a GREAT game for mortals, but it was not the 'other-worldly' performance most believed would be needed to win game 7 , on the road, without Kevin Love. 35 pts on12/24, 3/8 from 3...15 boards, 9 assists, but 8 turnovers. ... how many of you seeing his stat line would have thought it would be enough? It’s a 100 percent choke job by Boston. I don't care how "young" they are. They were young when they got up 2-0 and 3-2 as well.

I mean - how much more did you expect? Did he need to score 50 and have 15 assists? The Cavs (outside of Lebron) couldn't make a shot in the 1st half. He would have had another 3-5 assists if they could have. He played the entire game without the teams number 2 scoring option. He was great.

Assuming GS wins, there's no way Cleveland wins. God himself could be on the Cavs and they aren't beating the Warriors. Let's not let that diminish Lebron's greatness. What he is, and has been doing, is historic.

I mean - how much more did you expect? Did he need to score 50 and have 15 assists? The Cavs (outside of Lebron) couldn't make a shot in the 1st half. He would have had another 3-5 assists if they could have. He played the entire game without the teams number 2 scoring option. He was great.

Assuming GS wins, there's no way Cleveland wins. God himself could be on the Cavs and they aren't beating the Warriors. Let's not let that diminish Lebron's greatness. What he is, and has been doing, is historic.

in short...yes, that is exactly the type of game that one would have thought would be needed to advance in Boston without Kevin Love, in a series where they lost all three in Boston. He basically had a standard lebron playoff game.

you are totally missing my point as well. Im the one who says he's better than Jordan. Im saying they need Lebron's greatness to merely compete...to win, they should have needed MegaBron. 7/39. ...that is a number difficult to fathom. I do also take issue with the idea that if God were on Cleveland, they would still lose to the Warriors. God would go for like 1000 pts, 100 boards (all on Warrior or his teammates misses), 250 assists...on perfect fg and 3 pt shooting..zero turnovers.

If he actually suits up for the Lakers, I will lose my mind. Only exception is if it’s April and we’re out of it...which I’m tired of. I want playoffs next year.

Lavar needs to be banned from Staples the next time he says something out of line publcally. He’s an insecure soccer mom In a goon’s body and this is the greatest franchise in professional sports the last 50 years. Get the hell outta here.

It's amazing to me that the Lakers would kowtow to that clown and have the kid come in to work out on Tuesday with these other legit players like Battle. No other team in the league will work him out so all it does is add a sense of legitimacy to this traveling freak show. Neither one of the of the younger Ball bros could last in the G league let alone the NBA.

Marcus Smart saying he’s worth more than $12-14 million...I think he’s in for a rude awakening this offseason.
Lots of guys are going to make the mistake of thinking the contracts guys have been getting can be supported forever.

I wonder if there are a lot of short term deals this off-season, with guys signing them in the hopes of better deals once those initial stupid contracts from the new CBA come off the books.

in short...yes, that is exactly the type of game that one would have thought would be needed to advance in Boston without Kevin Love, in a series where they lost all three in Boston. He basically had a standard lebron playoff game.

you are totally missing my point as well. Im the one who says he's better than Jordan. Im saying they need Lebron's greatness to merely compete...to win, they should have needed MegaBron. 7/39. ...that is a number difficult to fathom. I do also take issue with the idea that if God were on Cleveland, they would still lose to the Warriors. God would go for like 1000 pts, 100 boards (all on Warrior u his teammates misses), 250 assists...on perfect fg and 3 pt shooting..zero turnovers.

Haha, well I stand corrected on God!!

I obviously didn't fully understand your post. I agree with you. A "normal" Lebron game is great for basically anyone else. You're right - they need MegaBron as you put it, to have a chance against GS. If Houston pulls a miracle, I can definitely see Cleveland winning it all.

Lots of guys are going to make the mistake of thinking the contracts guys have been getting can be supported forever.

I wonder if there are a lot of short term deals this off-season, with guys signing them in the hopes of better deals once those initial stupid contracts from the new CBA come off the books.

The way all the financial stuff has played out the last few years is fascinating. You had the NBAPA reject the smoothing proposal and had the cap shoot up so much in one year, then after it did, it's fallen short of projections the last few years and the cap has barely moved.

Then again, if any potential gambling $ becomes a part of BRI, the cap could shoot up again

The way all the financial stuff has played out the last few years is fascinating. You had the NBAPA reject the smoothing proposal and had the cap shoot up so much in one year, then after it did, it's fallen short of projections the last few years and the cap has barely moved.

Then again, if any potential gambling $ becomes a part of BRI, the cap could shoot up again
Yeah, I mean, the Warriors don't get Durant without incredibly fluky timing like that.

Somebody else said it on here and I completely agree, a Cavs vs hobbled Rockets final is about the worst case scenario.

Worst case in terms of what exactly? I at least think that would potentially be a competitive series at least. I’m afraid Golden State will wipe the floor with Cleveland.

I think Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe discussed the gambling money on their joint podcast a week or so ago and Bill said that the people he’s spoken to in Vegas think it will have almost zero impact on the NBA salary cap

Worst case in terms of what exactly? I at least think that would potentially be a competitive series at least. I’m afraid Golden State will wipe the floor with Cleveland.

For someone who hates cleveland but lives in Ohio aka me. But I predicted GS over cleveland in preseason, again, so not shocked one but they are back. Hope GS wins tonight

Mostly just for me, as a hardcore LeBron hater and a hardcore Beard hater.

Honestly I wouldn't even want to watch or want either team to win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom