NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

Thompson didn’t do anything. Shouldn’t have been tossed, and he reacted to Draymond getting in his face rather than letting him walk off the court.

He shouldn’t be suspended.

And for the record, the knucklehead JR Smith may have cost the Cavs this series.

I love the irony that the refs ejected Thompson to avoid letting things escalate and then that huge scuffle played out and now if the NBA follows the letter of the law, Thompson and Kevin Love are probably suspended for Game 2 (I don’t think they’ll actually do this though)

Several points

1. I don't understand how anyone can not admit we are witnessing the greatest player of all time. I'm NOT a fan of the Cavs or Lebron, but come on people. Stop being ridiculous. Stop being "that guy" the Lebetard show refers to. Im from the old school..grew up watching Jordan , Barkley, Kareem, Magic..all those guys. Ive never seen such a physical force as Lebron. There's NOTHING you can do to stop him. NOTHING. If those old school guys talk about how you cant hand check anymore, well, its laughable...lebron will just plow through your hand check and dunk on your face.

2. The charge / block call reversal. I dont care if its a block or a charge. You made the call...you cannot change it ..

3. To all the geniuses who say " this was their chance, now they are done..." These are the same people who said it's an easy no contest four game sweep. You don't know what's going to happen and neither do I. Stop trying to predict crap that you can't.

LeBron scores 51 and all this forum has to offer is a guy complaining about him using his off arm.

You can kiss the ring and wash his feet for all of us.

Didn't say anything about him except a fact of how much he uses the off hand to drive which makes him impossible to defend. It's not called ever but it still is obvious and is technically an offensive foul. Didn't mean to insult your hero. He was the most incredible thing I've ever seen and that is how everyone on the thread feels! Feel better?

There is nothing LeBron can do to pass Jordan for me.
I watched both and I feel Jordan was the better player.
LeBron will go down in the top 3 no doubt but I feel Jordan was better.

Jordan didn’t have to play like LeBron does.

Also by the letter of the law Kevin Love has to be suspended for game 2 or else the rule has to be changed to allow for some objectivity.

Hill misses the game winning (potentially) free throw but almost nobody cares because of what Smith did after. Hill should thank JR.

Yesterday's fourth quarter was an abomination of officiating -- and I say that as someone who is admittedly rooting against the Cavs.

The refs should be embarrassed. NBA playoff officiating has always been preferentially lopsided in favor of the home team -- which is absurd, when you think about it -- but the fourth quarter last night was atrocious.

Hill misses the game winning (potentially) free throw but almost nobody cares because of what Smith did after. Hill should thank JR.

To be fair, while JR is basically a walking meme, it does seem like a ton of people are talking about how lucky Hill is too lol. Lost in all of that is that Ty Lue had a timeout that he could have used to save JR the embarrassment and he chose to let JR dribble it out instead.

To be fair, while JR is basically a walking meme, it does seem like a ton of people are talking about how lucky Hill is too lol. Lost in all of that is that Ty Lue had a timeout that he could have used to save JR the embarrassment and he chose to let JR dribble it out instead.

It's an odd situation because during scrambles like that a lot of times coaches let it play out. But once JR dribbled to the 3 pt line a timeout definitely should have been taken.

The last thing you want is to take a timeout as a guy is shooting and get the timeout before the shot possibly goes in.

The entire last 30 seconds of 4th Q and OT was bad in a lot of ways.

Several points

1. I don't understand how anyone can not admit we are witnessing the greatest player of all time. I'm NOT a fan of the Cavs or Lebron, but come on people. Stop being ridiculous. Stop being "that guy" the Lebetard show refers to. Im from the old school..grew up watching Jordan , Barkley, Kareem, Magic..all those guys. Ive never seen such a physical force as Lebron. There's NOTHING you can do to stop him. NOTHING. If those old school guys talk about how you cant hand check anymore, well, its laughable...lebron will just plow through your hand check and dunk on your face.

2. The charge / block call reversal. I dont care if its a block or a charge. You made the call...you cannot change it ..

3. To all the geniuses who say " this was their chance, now they are done..." These are the same people who said it's an easy no contest four game sweep. You don't know what's going to happen and neither do I. Stop trying to predict crap that you can't.
I don't think you realize how #hatinainteasy works.

It isn't logical. That's part of the beauty of it.

I don't like how LeBron goes about a lot of his stuff. So I don't actually care that much about how he actually plays. He's obviously incredible. He doesn't need me to praise him to validate that. It's more fun to rag on him. Which is weird, right? Some guys, even all-time greats are (think A-Rod), and some aren't.

Some people say I'm missing out, but I'm really not. I'm still entertained. But LeBron also bores me. Yeah, all those consecutive trips to the Finals, incredible achievement, but he's also dragged a bunch of teams that I don't like how they were built with him. I don't want to root for that, especially once the people in Cleveland got their title.

I am fascinated by what he'll do this off-season, on multiple levels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom