NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

the officiating was awful. Im not a Lebron fan but Durant mugs him and no call and then Durant gets cleanly stripped and a call. Even that crazy T at the end? Why doesnt Green get a T for the blatant taunting on top of it?

I love the irony that the refs ejected Thompson to avoid letting things escalate and then that huge scuffle played out and now if the NBA follows the letter of the law, Thompson and Kevin Love are probably suspended for Game 2 (I don’t think they’ll actually do this though)

If anyone is suspended for game 2, I’m checking out for the year.

Anyone else think the Warriors come out absolutely rolling in game 2? Me neither.

I don't think you realize how #hatinainteasy works.

It isn't logical. That's part of the beauty of it.

I don't like how LeBron goes about a lot of his stuff. So I don't actually care that much about how he actually plays. He's obviously incredible. He doesn't need me to praise him to validate that. It's more fun to rag on him. Which is weird, right? Some guys, even all-time greats are (think A-Rod), and some aren't.

Some people say I'm missing out, but I'm really not. I'm still entertained. But LeBron also bores me. Yeah, all those consecutive trips to the Finals, incredible achievement, but he's also dragged a bunch of teams that I don't like how they were built with him. I don't want to root for that, especially once the people in Cleveland got their title.

I am fascinated by what he'll do this off-season, on multiple levels.

I get people hate lebron for whatever reason. Im more referring to the people who honestly believe from a basketball skill / ability perspective, that he's not the GOAT. Don't give me number of rings bs.. Will purdue is better than Barkley by that token

Last edited:
To be fair, while JR is basically a walking meme, it does seem like a ton of people are talking about how lucky Hill is too lol. Lost in all of that is that Ty Lue had a timeout that he could have used to save JR the embarrassment and he chose to let JR dribble it out instead.

Lebron was trying to call one I think.

Ty Lue is also the guy who forgot to put Korver in a game because the Celtics didn't put Semi Ojeleye in. So, you know, maybe not always on top of things.

Very good point on Hill, if he makes both then this isn't an issue.

I don't care they should. Yes I still hate David Stern for suspending Ewing, Starks, and Oakley for leaving the bench in the 97 Eastern Semi's that gift wrapped the Bulls another title when the Knicks had their best team of that era.

Anyone else think the Warriors come out absolutely rolling in game 2? Me neither.

I think anyone that even thinks they have any idea what will happen is full of crap. someone is going to guess right because people will guess all possible scenarios.

I thought the experts said the Warriors / Rockets series wasn't going to be close?
I thought the experts said there's no way that the Cavs will win in Boston, game 7?
Same experts said Cleveland wont even be competitive on the road this series.

A few years ago, MANY were saying how Curry had surpassed Lebron and Lebron needed to reinvent himself as a very good roll player. LOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Not sure why people are complaining this much about the officiating. The Cavs had a million chances to win and blew it themselves.

I think anyone that even thinks they have any idea what will happen is full of crap. someone is going to guess right because people will guess all possible scenarios.

I thought the experts said the Warriors / Rockets series wasn't going to be close?
I thought the experts said there's no way that the Cavs will win in Boston, game 7?

A few years ago, MANY were saying how Curry had surpassed Lebron and Lebron needed to reinvent himself as a very good roll player. LOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Well, I didn't think any of those 3 things. I guess I'm not an expert.

Cleveland's toast. Last night was their best chance.

That being said Durant looks soft this playoffs.

Hey, to be fair, what Love did was just as much leaving the bench as Amare and Diaw in the 2007 WC Finals

Hey, to be fair, what Love did was just as much leaving the bench as Amare and Diaw in the 2007 WC Finals

I didn't even see this... did he walk on the floor?

I don't care they should. Yes I still hate David Stern for suspending Ewing, Starks, and Oakley for leaving the bench in the 97 Eastern Semi's that gift wrapped the Bulls another title when the Knicks had their best team of that era.

Never forget!

Bulls would probably have won, because it was the Bulls. But still would've liked the shot

Cleveland's toast. Last night was their best chance.

That being said Durant looks soft this playoffs.

He hasn't played well. His failure to box out Smith in the first place could have cost them the game.

I didn't even see this... did he walk on the floor?

he was already on the floor...then when the altercation began, he walked further onto the floor. he did not get involved..however neither did Amare..it didnt matter to the NBA then. robbed Phoenix of a title. they were up 3 games to 2,,with game 6 at home. This was not the amare you remember from NYC. this was a BEAST version of Amare

Dek9H3wU8AE1PEt.jpg

He hasn't played well. His failure to box out Smith in the first place could have cost them the game.
Last night was Cleveland’s chance LeBron had 4 days of rest and had a lot more energy.
He won’t have the same energy game 2.
Golden State isn’t going to play worse than they did last night and I doubt Cleveland’s role players will shoot that well on the road again.

This ends in 5 IMO. Last night could have extended it to 6 or 7.

he was already on the floor...then when the altercation began, he walked further onto the floor. he did not get involved..however neither did Amare..it didnt matter to the NBA then. robbed Phoenix of a title. they were up 3 games to 2,,with game 6 at home. This was not the amare you remember from NYC. this was a BEAST version of Amare

Weren't they suspended for game 5 when it was tied 2-2?

That Amare suspension was complete garbage.

76ers beat writer is saying the investigation could be wrapped up today and Colangelo is expected to be fired.

76ers beat writer is saying the investigation could be wrapped up today and Colangelo is expected to be fired.
So was it confirmed he was using twitter accounts to rip on players?

On Dan Patrick they were saying LeBron got salty with Mark Schwarz in the post game and had a dramatic walkout, that was somewhat disrupted by the fact that LeBron was wearing a suit coat with shorts and a man purse.

Can any of you confirm or deny?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom