NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth | Page 85 | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: greatest show on Earth

We should get together and devise a bad contract formula and go speak at the Sloane Sports Analytics conference. You in? I'm in.

Stuff to consider would be total dollars, % of cap, if team is paying luxury tax (bad contracts to those teams hurt more), how competitive the team is, games/minutes played, correlate stuff with nerdy performance statistics.

Like, let's do it. You in? I'm in.

As long as our formula ends up with Joakim Noah at #1, I'd sign off on it

And he gets to screw Kyrie with that one. Ugghhh. I hate that trade.
It would be a soft landing for Kyrie.
Remember his 4 original spots he wanted to be traded to were Knicks, Spurs, Twolves, Heat.

So I don’t think he would hate the trade to NYC and the Knickbockers would be stupid to not try and facilitate this deal as they need a PG.
Porzingis and Kyrie is probably a best case scenario for them.

It would be a soft landing for Kyrie.
Remember his 4 original spots he wanted to be traded to were Knicks, Spurs, Twolves, Heat.

So I don’t think he would hate the trade to NYC and the Knickbockers would be stupid to not try and facilitate this deal as they need a PG.
Porzingis and Kyrie is probably a best case scenario for them.

I guess. Still, he's seen the squad surrounding him in Boston. I would bet he's not interested in leaving all that behind now.

I guess. Still, he's seen the squad surrounding him in Boston. I would bet he's not interested in leaving all that behind now.
If acquiring LeBron only costs you Kyrie, Morris their pick this year and maybe one of their trove of future picks Ainge does it in a cocaine heartbeat.

If acquiring LeBron only costs you Kyrie, Morris their pick this year and maybe one of their trove of future picks Ainge does it in a cocaine heartbeat.

That got serious quickly...

Yeah, I just can't imagine myself ever rooting for LeBron.

Look, just stop. LeBron's not ending up in Boston. Danny and Brad aren't putting up with his crap.

Look, just stop. LeBron's not ending up in Boston. Danny and Brad aren't putting up with his crap.
How did Pat Riley?
LeBron has run all over Cleveland he didn’t run the team in Miami.

If LeBron wants to beat Golden State he has 2 spots Houston or Boston.
If he wants to just win the East. Philadelphia.
If he wants to love his location and have fun. LA Lakers.

That got serious quickly...

Yeah, I just can't imagine myself ever rooting for LeBron.

Feels dirty doesn't it?

Plus you get all the Bron fans that come with him that will blame everyone else including Stevens, Tatum, Hayward, and Brown when you inevitably lose to the Warriors.

How did Pat Riley?
LeBron has run all over Cleveland he didn’t run the team in Miami.

If LeBron wants to beat Golden State he has 2 spots Houston or Boston.
If he wants to just win the East. Philadelphia.
If he wants to love his location and have fun. LA Lakers.

I think the legit finalists will be:
Houston (immediately on par with GSW)
LA (create the super team he wants)
Bos (best team set up for the future outside of GSW)
SAS (Pop + Kawhi re-signing - think this is the lowest of all options, but Pop will get a discussion with him)

I really don't think Philly will be in the running in the end.

Just going to throw this out there, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Bob Myers at least has a chat in passing with him regarding GSW.

Feels dirty doesn't it?

Plus you get all the Bron fans that come with him that will blame everyone else including Stevens, Tatum, Hayward, and Brown when you inevitably lose to the Warriors.

I also can't help feeling like it will inevitably lead to mortgaging the future, which looks exceptional right now, for maybe 1 championship. At some point, LeBron will age. And I feel like it will be like a drop off of a cliff for him, not a slow roll to the end.

Feels dirty doesn't it?

If the lineup is
Rozier
LeBron
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
Bench
Brown
Smart
Baynes

You don’t think that team could beat the Warriors next year?
Hayward would be a better Korver.
Horford would be Love/Bosh.
Brown would be Iguadola off the bench.
Smart would be the Livingston.
Plus Rozier and Tatum.

I think that team is even with the Warriors.

I also can't help feeling like it will inevitably lead to mortgaging the future, which looks exceptional right now, for maybe 1 championship. At some point, LeBron will age. And I feel like it will be like a drop off of a cliff for him, not a slow roll to the end.

The thing that Lebron has going for him is once he loses his explosion you can throw him in the post as he is so strong, but you are right he is going to age eventually.

I think he ends up in LA and goes to a team he can create on his own. These other teams want to do thing their way.

If the lineup is
Rozier
LeBron
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
Bench
Brown
Smart
Baynes

Plus Rozier and Tatum.

It's possible, but I think people are missing the point that the Warriors are going to re-tool a bit this offseason too. This is the weakest supporting cast outside of their core they have had in this 4 year run and management has already said they are going to make some changes outside of the Hamptons 5 and Livingston.

If the lineup is
Rozier
LeBron
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
Bench
Brown
Smart
Baynes

Plus Rozier and Tatum.

I'll say it, I think that team is better than GSW. Especially the defense with the second unit.

If the lineup is
Rozier
LeBron
Hayward
Tatum
Horford
Bench
Brown
Smart
Baynes

Plus Rozier and Tatum.

Flip the Brown and Smart roles. Livingston is pretty disciplined with his shooting, Smart however... I love the defense Smart brings as well.

I'll say it, I think that team is better than GSW. Especially the defense with the second unit.

Depends on what warriors do. They will get a couple better bench pieces. Maybe even a low post scoring threat. The Warriors bench this year outside of livingston was not nearly as good as past years

Not just his strength in the post, but his passing. I can see him carving defenses up when he's 40

Without playing much defense himself...

Has to be said. His defense seems to be declining quickly.

Without playing much defense himself...

Has to be said. His defense seems to be declining quickly.
I think that is because he is playing 40+ mpg and has to keep energy for offense.
If he has a real cast around him and played the proper 32-24 mpg in the regular season he would have more in the tank.
He played all 82 this year and leads the league in MPG.
If he had a real coach who played the long game and told him that he would be more fresh. Instead LeBron is the player-coach and controls his minutes because his cast is subpar he is playing more than he should.

I think that is because he is playing 40+ mpg and has to keep energy for offense.
If he has a real cast around him and played the proper 32-24 mpg in the regular season he would have more in the tank.
He played all 82 this year and leads the league in MPG.
If he had a real coach who played the long game and told him that he would be more fresh. Instead LeBron is the player-coach and controls his minutes because his cast is subpar he is playing more than he should.

That and he spends so much time complaining to the refs and not getting back on D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom